What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Loading shotgun shells the Old School way.

Basic tools and components
    2viiblj.jpg

Various cards and wads used.
    54g514.jpg

Black Powder and antique scoop
    qzg1g6.jpg

Adding powder
    26471uo.jpg

Inserting over powder card
    dq39dg.jpg

Using wad stuffer tool to seat over powder card
    72634m.jpg

Inserting fiber wad. This goes under the shot pellets.
    2n66ejp.jpg

Adding the shot. Using the same antique scoop. It's calibrated for a 20gauge.
    ap8ykh.jpg

Shot in shell
    nesy9g.jpg

Inserting overshot card
    2qwzyvd.jpg

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Hard core. I just loaded A couple of rounds of 9mm. You can shoot mine if I shoot yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Loaded up 91 rounds of .338 Lapua. I was tired of that 8000 grains of powder laying around.

Out of bullets now so time to shop.
    Ya, I have 50 japs, 200 AK rounds, and 1300 9mms sized, cleaned, trimmed, and primed... I don't have any bullets though and I'm running low on pistol and AK rounds.

Plus I don't have any dollars to buy more. Looks like I'm on to the next project for a while: Do I bed the jap rifle or do I try to get gold off a circuit board?? What a boring life I lead. :-/

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by motorcarman
    I made (14) .30 Remington cases from .30 Winchester cases in my drill press. I used half-round bastard files and some jewelers files to remove the rim and cut the new extraction groove.

It takes about 6 or 8 minutes for each case and the hands get tired after a few.

I'll keep making them a few at a time until I have a few hundred.

They look as good as the Winchester 30-30 converted to 30 Remington that I bought from Colorado Custom Cartridge Company.
    They fit and feed so I will load a few for testing.

bob

I have a Sony camcorder video 8 from the 1990s but I haven't used for it a few decades. I think my wife's Nikon takes short videos but I don't know about 5+ minutes. (memory limit???)

If someone wanted to video over my shoulder for a few minutes I could try to upload??? I don't even know what format is used these days. MPEG, AVI??????????????? Maybe a few pics??? My wife also has a few Apple Iphone 5s (personal and work) that can take video but I never used them.

I still use a Samsung 'flip-phone' so call me a dinosaur.

Anyone in the Wise County area that can video???????????? I keep my shop at 65 to 70 degrees in the Winter so I stay comfortable. You won't freeze. TV, Stereo and Cold Beer (after 5:00PM).

P.S. Rebel
    I am now looking to buy a Remington Model 14. I think I'm 'hooked' on 30 Remington. I am going to bid on one online in the next hour.

My neighbor won't part with his because his Dad gave it to him in the 1950s or 1960s. He does want some ammo. He said he might leave it to me in his Will but he is only 8 years older than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

I plugged in my old Sony Handi-Cam HI-8 and IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I placed it on a tripod and 'video-ed' a case conversion (30 WIN to 30 REM) so I just have to find an old PCI card with video in/out.

The video is about 6 minutes but I will have to figure out how to convert and upload.

I have some old PCI cards and video editing software but I don't know if the newer windows versions are supported.

If anyone local has a way to play/convert/upload a HI-8 tape let me know.

The last time I did this was with a Sony VAIO 15 or 20 years ago. I saved a bunch of video on CD.

bob

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Built a portable/space saving reloading bench. Press detaches and table folds up.

Workmate 125
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000...rkmate+125&dpPl=1&dpID=410VDV8QNXL&ref=plSrch

Lee Bench Plate
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008B...+plate+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=51cs2hubDvL&ref=plSrch

Plus some melamine I had from a closet shelving project.

500d9980a3ef204e667f5c26b36fdeac.jpg
    That came out nice, backwards, but nice.

I always want room on the left side of the press for cases or whatever. But that is just me.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Picked up large pistol primers from Cabelas plus 300 rounds of Federal .45ACP. Will use for reloading my 1911. The S&B primers are cheap! Hopefully good to go.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Loaded up 465 rounds of .308. Ran out of cases but that should tide me over for a while.
    I'm sure it's enough to be feared...

It's experiment time!

I got some 6.5 jap brass off a guy recently and he had sent me some 7mm Mauser brass he had converted to 6.5japs. This intrigued me. I'm trying to figure out how to convert 243 brass now. It starts the closest and I shouldn't have to ream the neck. My problem is how do I size the base but leave a rim on it... I'm going to order a bolt to fit in my press, then drill a 29/64ths hole and try ramming a case in with a bunch of lube :-D

The chamber in my rifle is loose and I'm hoping the 29/64 bit will be just large enough to leave the cases a little wide and have them chamber tightly. I'm gonna try to find a bit and bolt this weekend.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Not nearly as exciting as what you guys are doing but I primed (20) 6.5 Grendel Lapua cases and (50) 300 Blackout Lapua cases. Didn't even know Lapua was making 300 blackout cases. Planning to work up some subsonic loads for the 300 Blackout.

Planning to load 127 grain LRX and 129 Accubond LR in the 6.5 Grendel.

d6665d7bbbc7e27f70d45b07879a8242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom