• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    To be honest with y’all I have never have even looked at Texas Gun Trader. No real reason to even check it out. The guns that interest me the most I find on two different sights that I have watched for many years. They too have scammers trying their best to rip people off. I would say they are more advanced in their methods. If and when I buy something it’s from vender that have been there as long as myself.

I have been trying to sell my McMillian benchrest .50 bmg for some time. Could I sell it on other sight with more buyers, sure but I really hate picture collectors and Call of Duty kids who know everything about something the have never actually seen or touched.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Last year my wifey decided to sell her G43X, as she bought herself a new Canik she likes better. Had me list on the other TGT - gun sold. Then some months later, we both get a call from the ATF - her former Glock had been recovered following a raid on someone's house. I wound up having a couple meetings with the investigating ATF agent. Had to pick the guy we met with to sell said Glock to in a photo lineup.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Last year my wifey decided to sell her G43X, as she bought herself a new Canik she likes better. Had me list on the other TGT - gun sold. Then some months later, we both get a call from the ATF - her former Glock had been recovered following a raid on someone's house. I wound up having a couple meetings with the investigating ATF agent. Had to pick the guy we met with to sell said Glock to in a photo lineup.
    Should have done a BOS for your protection.... :p

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Thanks for the info.

I have both bought and sold there with no issue

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Thanks for the info.

I have both bought and sold there with no issue

I've bought & sold half a dozen or so guns thru there, and there was only that one issue. In my lifetime of wheeling and dealing with private sales, that's been my only issue. I'd wager over half of the guns I've ever owned have come & gone thru face to face sales. Back before Oregon mandated UBC's it wasn't uncommon to meet someone after work to buy, sell, or trade guns in the parking lot of a grocery store or something. Even dealt more than once with on-duty sheriff deputies - both in Oregon and in Texas to trade guns. Both times I've had to wonder if said guns came with "blood" behind them - especially the first one because out of curiosity I looked that deputy up and found out he'd been in more than one OIS , including a time before the SO issued guns and so you provided your own.

Top Bottom