• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I max out at 30 round box magazines for both my pistols and rifles. I do not want to deal with the hassle of using drums. They are too expensive and not as reliable as standard box magazines.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Looking for a 100+ round drum for an AR-15. I've seen a few companies but not sure of their reliability. Too bad Magpul doesn't make one larger than 60. What are you using?
    I can't see any reason I would ever need one. 20 or 30 round magazines are reliable and quick to change.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    No. I originally bought one for a joke years ago, but it actually worked reliable. I inherited the second one 4 years ago when a close friend passed away.
    They are mainly a novelty item to me, but they are fun to take out at times do an ammo dump with one.
    Cool.

I'm just sayin if you gotta put a special lube every few rounds as you load it then it's not really reliable. IMHO.

Then again it kinda proves the point of them being fun at the range toys, movie or game props only kinda things.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The vegas shooter had a crapload of those higher than 30 round cap mags laying about his hotel. All in jammed guns. Sure fires and I think the drums IIRC.

Granted some had those bumpfire stocks on them but...

Just sayin. Why phuck with the weak link of the system for use in a situation where you really need it to work. Besides your not gonna ever reload those things. It's slow enough to reload 20 or 30s even with a spoon and striper clips.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The vegas shooter had a crapload of those higher than 30 round cap mags laying about his hotel. All in jammed guns. Sure fires and I think the drums IIRC.

Granted some had those bumpfire stocks on them but...

Just sayin. Why phuck with the weak link of the system for use in a situation where you really need it to work. Besides your not gonna ever reload those things. It's slow enough to reload 20 or 30s even with a spoon and striper clips.
    And Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK, just as James Earl Ray shot MLK! It aint evil until the governments tells you so, then they can help you make your choice.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Cool.

I'm just sayin if you gotta put a special lube every few rounds as you load it then it's not really reliable. IMHO.

Then again it kinda proves the point of them being fun at the range toys, movie or game props only kinda things.

Friction between the metal / brass cases and the plastic material of the drum is the reason you need to apply dry graphite in them.
    They could probably be loaded / emptied a 2-3 times between needing to apply the dry graphite, it's a pretty slick powder, and doesn't take much to do the job.

Top Bottom