• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Never tried a drum. However, drums seemed to work just fine for those LA bank robbers. They were AKs if I remember correctly. I believe they were full auto also.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I got a proper AK drum in a package deal a while back. Just marked with a 36 in a triangle. I'm guessing some vintage Norinco gun candy. I bet my Mak90 would eat it up. No full auto greatness but I bet it's as reliable as the ammo I put in it.

Really need to get out and test it. This thread got me thinking. As far as the AR, a friend had a beta but I don't know that it ever ran start to finish without a hiccup. For me the 30/40 Rd sticks are all I hope I'll ever need.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    0385F92A-4FFA-4805-BFF0-2AC74408A17A.jpeg

Some will hate, others will appreciate! That’s a German H&K G8 drum. Unlike the Allied Armament X-19 that reverse engineered the H&K design. If my fingers weren’t so filthy I would have dug out the Hensoldt scope for an even better picture!

From a fixed position this is a cinder block eat bitch! Running 3 shot burst or full mofo auto! Yes it’s heavy, but that weight keeps it on target out to some distance.

Sure I’ rather have a M249 or M-60, but for their prices.
    Loaded with some M993 A.P. It’s a vehicle chewing bitch!

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    View attachment 275308

Some will hate, others will appreciate! That’s a German H&K G8 drum. Unlike the Allied Armament X-19 that reverse engineered the H&K design. If my fingers weren’t so filthy I would have dug out the Hensoldt scope for an even better picture!

From a fixed position this is a cinder block eat bitch! Running 3 shot burst or full mofo auto! Yes it’s heavy, but that weight keeps it on target out to some distance.

Sure I’ rather have a M249 or M-60, but for their prices.
    Loaded with some M993 A.P. It’s a vehicle chewing bitch!
    So after a day thinking about this pic and the actual machine within...

Would there be any actual advantage with a 249 or m60 less being belt fed. What you have is a serious piece of hardware that in no case could you advance into from the led end. A full auto .308 could eat a cinder block wall and even in a "short" barrel could provide, should I say, adequate cover.

I have a century c93 SBR and a CETME that I only assume can be ran fairly dirty as I don't care for mine much. That roller block setup is really durable when running right.

I also want to note. Flaunting all that lumber under the rifle just makes you look like a rich... the wood is probably worth as much as the ammo now days.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So after a day thinking about this pic and the actual machine within...

Would there be any actual advantage with a 249 or m60 less being belt fed. What you have is a serious piece of hardware that in no case could you advance into from the led end. A full auto .308 could eat a cinder block wall and even in a "short" barrel could provide, should I say, adequate cover.

I have a century c93 SBR and a CETME that I only assume can be ran fairly dirty as I don't care for mine much. That roller block setup is really durable when running right.

I also want to note. Flaunting all that lumber under the rifle just makes you look like a rich... the wood is probably worth as much as the ammo now days.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Quick change barrel & ability to set up in Door gunner configuration, having an assistant gunner to handle belts & barrels. Are the only advantages I see. When I had this built I wanted to go into an H&K 21/21E but the part were not available. And the more I thought about it the more I thought I don't need a crew served weapon.

I have a buddy with an M-60. His is on a really nice portable pedestal with a soft mount. I know I couldn't lift the baseplate by myself & the last time I helped him I knew that was the last time. It now set up as a D with aTrijicon Crew Served optic.

I'm really happy with my G3K. I can slap on the retractable stock for amor compact & slightly lighter gun. As far as those strapped case they make me smile.

While texting my friend the other night he was going to try finding 2500 rounds for his M-60 hopefully @ Labor Day Deal Pricing. Then I think if I get in a bind for cash I have 5K rounds of ammo he would not hesitate in buying.

Top Bottom