• ...and so much more!
  • Ducati

Gym, Tan, Laundry
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    San Diego
    Looking for a 100+ round drum for an AR-15. I've seen a few companies but not sure of their reliability. Too bad Magpul doesn't make one larger than 60. What are you using?
    Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I knew I would get some blowhard that misses the point of this thread. I'm looking for a reliable drum, that is all.
    Before you go all commifornia and crying about “ mean ol’ Texan is making fun of me” read what he wrote. There are no 100 round drums that are reliable to the point of being adopted by the military. RIF woman.
    The SureFire 60 rounders have been flawless for me.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have some 100 round SureFire mags that perform magnificently in M16's....

Do have a couple of Beta C drum mags that perform most of the time.......

For practicality and usefulness......Hoji has the answer..............SureFire 60 rounders

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I don't think they are bad...(most really are)...but not practical for most uses/storage/transporting/carrying.......

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think drum magazines are heavy and bulky, IMO removes much of what makes the AR such a great rifle.

Drums would probably be ideal for stationary shooting, or just fun at he range, But a magazine loaded with 100 rounds of ammo is going to add a significant amount of weight to the rifle.

Plus factor in barrel heat. i know just with a 30 round magazine, doing a fast and dirty mag dump, my AR barrels get smoking hot. I can just imagine how hot they would get dumping 100 rounds quickly. One might wonder about barrel warping from the heat generated.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I think drum magazines are heavy and bulky, IMO removes much of what makes the AR such a great rifle.

Drums would probably be ideal for stationary shooting, or just fun at he range, But a magazine loaded with 100 rounds of ammo is going to add a significant amount of weight to the rifle.

Plus factor in barrel heat. i know just with a 30 round magazine, doing a fast and dirty mag dump, my AR barrels get smoking hot. I can just imagine how hot they would get dumping 100 rounds quickly. One might wonder about barrel warping from the heat generated.
    My Colt IAR upper was designed for use with drums. Big heat sink on the barrel are not found on most standard AR’s. Colt LMG upper would be another likely candidate for the barrel. Truth be if you need more the 50 rounds at a time you need a M249. Some will say get a Shrike or what ever they are being currently called. My opinion of the Shrike aint very high!

Sure both the SureFire & Magpul drums add significant weight. As far a warping a barrel the das system will failing before the barrel due to heat. Most folks with their standard AR aint dumping rounds fast enough. Add a Binary trigger & the cyclic rate will increase, but no more the a select fire AR!

A sounder of hogs @ a feeder is about as real world as most people will ever get a need for the amount of fire power. A street full of idiot marxist not much different then feral hogs IMHO.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_36.jpeg
      fullsizeoutput_36.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 71

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Look at the Magpul 40 round sticks or large surefire sticks. But drums are range toys. They have never worked to the point that I would trust them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom