• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Look at the Magpul 40 round sticks or large surefire sticks. But drums are range toys. They have never worked to the point that I would trust them.
    Or two 40 round pmags maglinked together. It's a bit heavy but much cheaper than drums and you can drop them without worry.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Looking for a 100+ round drum for an AR-15. I've seen a few companies but not sure of their reliability. Too bad Magpul doesn't make one larger than 60. What are you using?
    I have no experience with the 100 round mags, but own a couple of Pmag 60 roun mags and have had no problems with them

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I remember when C-mags were just making the transition from military-only to being available to the public. The few gun show vendors who had one treated them like they were some kind of black market goods. They were running about $800 per. :)

Some things change for the better.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember when C-mags were just making the transition from military-only to being available to the public. The few gun show vendors who had one treated them like they were some kind of black market goods. They were running about $800 per. :)

Some things change for the better.
    I have a real deal H&K G8 drum for my G3K. I’ts the drum that X products reverse engineered. Talk about expensive!

Funny all the comments about what’s reliable when so few are actually running full auto!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'm so old I really don't trust plastic mags. When I bought my AR I added a 20rnd Colt magazine because that is what looks right.
    Thanks all for the info, opinions and such on the drums. I trust plastic now and 30 boolits is enough for me.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Anything you need to drag a tube of graphite around to use aint reliable!
    Really - you have to drag around the tube of graphite with you? Hmm, I guess I had better start carrying gun oil with with me at all times, for some of my firearms, because some manufacturers recommend their firearms be lubricated properly. Egads, I must have been doing it wrong for decades.:facepalm:

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Hoji and Coyote are correct. I have never seen a 100 round drum that was reliable yet. They may exist, but I haven't seen one yet.

I guess I'll have to let you shoot the two that I have. They have performed flawless in my AR's and my Kel-Tec PLR-16 pistol.
    You just need to apply the dry graphite inside the magazine every 10 - 15 rounds when you are loading them up.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I know almost nothing about them so I asked my son who has had several drum mags for both ARs and AKs. He recommends these 100 round drum mags as reliable for ARs: https://www.drummagazines.com/Beta-C-M16M4-C-MAG-Twin-Drum-100-Round-Magazine_p_438.html.

He also said to avoid any by KCI.

Both of mine are from KCI, never had an issue with them. I've had them for probably 15 years.
    And while we're talking drum magazine's. I never had any issues with the drum magazine's that I used in my 1928 Thompson Machine Gun. They worked great!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I guess I'll have to let you shoot the two that I have. They have performed flawless in my AR's and my Kel-Tec PLR-16 pistol.
    You just need to apply the dry graphite inside the magazine every 10 - 15 rounds when you are loading them up.
    You're being sarcastic right?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The appeal of drums wear off the second you get a tenth of the way through loading one.

Still worth having one or two since it offends people

Of drums, good 75 round ak drums and the magpul D60 are probably the best

Top Bottom