• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think are the odds the Democrats will really nominate Biden at the Dem convention?

• A snowball's chance in Dumas on July 4th

Votes: 17 25.4%
    • 25%

Votes: 4 6.0%
    • 50%

Votes: 10 14.9%
    • 75%

Votes: 2 3.0%
    • He absolutely will be nominated, since the puppetmasters do not want to give up their puppet

Votes: 34 50.7%

• Total voters

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If you didn't catch the KJP presser today, you should find a recording. She was twisting in the wind.
    Summary: he's not as young as he used to be and had a "bad night". Also, did we tell you he had a cold?

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    BidenPress-3.jpg

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    This might just be a mute thread.

A Congressional democrat is calling for the military to go to the Supreme Court and remove several of the members. you know, the ones that sided with Trump the other day.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you didn't catch the KJP presser today, you should find a recording. She was twisting in the wind.
    Summary: he's not as young as he used to be and had a "bad night". Also, did we tell you he had a cold?
    I like that she kept referring to Trump as "the other guy". I kept hoping she would call the debate a cheapfake.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    I watched the press conference today with KJP. Biden may be done, regardless of what he and his family want. The press pretty well turned on her while she kept repeating the same lame lines. "Bad Night, Cold, His unprecedented accomplishments."
    They'll fight it, but it looks as though the momentum may be building.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It is amusing that the only places you hear about a replacement for Biden are the media, and it is all about pure speculation and hyper sensationalism.

Michelle Obama has repeatedly stated she has zero interest in a political career, yet for some reason people love mentioning her as a candidate for POTUS. The fact is she loathes political life, never liked it from the beginning. She did not want politics for her husband, but gave the go ahead for both his senate and presidential campaigns because she liked the fringe benefits; travel, wealth, power. And now she has all of that and more with her life in Hollywood. And the reason she had her mother living at the WH was because she did not want to hang out with politicians; unlike Hillary and Jill Biden, she was not a policy junkie. She took more vacations on Air Force Two than all of the previous First Ladies, she hated WH life. Yet you have certain people who fantasize her as the replacement nominee.

Similar with Newsom, who has been a loyal Biden surrogate for the last year, campaigning on behalf of Joe; he also has repeatedly stated he is not running in 2024. Newsom trolled DeSantis to participate in their little debate earlier in the year to see what the matchup would be like for 2028; Newsom knew DeSantis was not going to be the nominee, and their debate was a preview of 2028. It would be a stupid move for Newsom to suddenly drop into a presidential campaign at the last minute and expect to beat the leading candidate, and I believe he knows it too, he has no chance. Stranger things have happened, but I believe these two will not be on the ballot in November.
    If they can get around the optics of not putting Cackles at the top of the ticket, I think the most likely options are:

- RFK
    He has a national campaign, he is a leftist the main hurdle is making nice which I think they could do.

- Hillery
    Has the name recognition, funding network and the tools to leverage the political machine. Can play up the baby killing angle and play the victim from 2016.

- Newsom
    Scummy cali boy with very limited national appeal. No serious national campaign machine set up.

- Gretchen
    I think her totalitarian covid response would be a huge hurdle for her to overcome nationally. Her feminity and prior sexual assault could play in her favor regarding baby killing and make it easy to play her up as a victim, but her position on 2a, energy and healthcare would be distasteful nationally.

-Mooch
    Despises everything about politics and and has shown zero interest. Zero ground work to put her in place and would perhaps make bypassing Cackles, with a "proven" political record look even worse.

- Buttedgeedge
    Botched presidential campaign in 2020 and botched policies as transportation secretary too open to attacks about his infrastructure failures.

In the end, at best it will take time to get FJB out (month or 2?) And it will take time (and LOTS of money) to spin up a new candidate leaving 2 or 3 months to sell their policies to the nation and it will still make the left look like they are retards for trying to run a mentality deficient geriatric and playing the public for fools. I think the public will not appreciate being treated as if they are too stupid to see how incompetent FJB was (even if they are) and the loss of trust will deflate any buoyancy a fresh candidate may provide. I.e. I think it will be too little too late for the left.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Loyal only on the surface, just like Obama/Clinton. They'll all promote the myth that Joe is fine and ready to run again, but behind the scenes they might be actively working to get him to step down.

Newsom was getting ready for 2028, as you say, but often in our lives plans must be accelerated for various reasons. Would not doubt that the dem power brokers have told him to prepare for full campaign mode as soon as they get the green light that Joe is stepping down.

But there's a lot to do -- Kamala might access the Biden war chest, and if she wants to make a run, she can create chaos/splinter the vote. There's a non-zero risk she plays the race card against Newsom and the dems. Therefore, she is in a position of great power, and placating her is probably high on their list of priorities right now.

Maybe it's not even Newsom. Maybe it's Kennedy. But Kennedy is way behind. He'll have to backtrack on a lot of things he said, and kiss the ring of the leftists, because he came out as a more moderate dem, IIRC.

They'll have to beg Trump for another debate, and really scramble to catch up on name recognition.
    I think it is the dims that will have to kiss the ring... I could be wrong, but I think he is their best chance and each day of hesitation only hurts their chances.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Notice who is panicking and who is not. Everything is going according to the DNC’s plan. The tv personalities don’t matter to them. In 2016 people wanted Bernie and got Hillary. In 2020, people wanted Bernie and buttjig and got Biden. The DNC/deep state does not care what the voters want.
    They know they need voters and to get voters they need a candidate to sell. With out a candidate they have no voters, without voters they have no power, and power is what they want.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If they can get around the optics of not putting Cackles at the top of the ticket, I think the most likely options are:

- RFK
    He has a national campaign, he is a leftist the main hurdle is making nice which I think they could do.

- Hillery
    Has the name recognition, funding network and the tools to leverage the political machine. Can play up the baby killing angle and play the victim from 2016.

- Newsom
    Scummy cali boy with very limited national appeal. No serious national campaign machine set up.

- Gretchen
    I think her totalitarian covid response would be a huge hurdle for her to overcome nationally. Her feminity and prior sexual assault could play in her favor regarding baby killing and make it easy to play her up as a victim, but her position on 2a, energy and healthcare would be distasteful nationally.

-Mooch
    Despises everything about politics and and has shown zero interest. Zero ground work to put her in place and would perhaps make bypassing Cackles, with a "proven" political record look even worse.

- Buttedgeedge
    Botched presidential campaign in 2020 and botched policies as transportation secretary too open to attacks about his infrastructure failures.

In the end, at best it will take time to get FJB out (month or 2?) And it will take time (and LOTS of money) to spin up a new candidate leaving 2 or 3 months to sell their policies to the nation and it will still make the left look like they are retards for trying to run a mentality deficient geriatric and playing the public for fools. I think the public will not appreciate being treated as if they are too stupid to see how incompetent FJB was (even if they are) and the loss of trust will deflate any buoyancy a fresh candidate may provide. I.e. I think it will be too little too late for the left.

But you are trying to use logic and reason here...

Top Bottom