• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LonghornAR15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Austin
    The focus on Mexican immigrants is also, at least it seems, largely because in Texas they are the ones that we have the most exposure to. And they're an easy population to arouse antipathy towards. While it's a result of socio-cultural differences and not some innate defect in people of Mexican or latin american descent, the truth is that most of the illegals in this state are just kind of obnoxious. By and large, they don't seem to drive very well and seem to have very little knowledge of our traffic laws. Many of them have no knowledge of norms governing behavior in American grocery stores or restaurants. They adorn their cars in ways that are simply unforgivable. Anyone who was been to the Austin gun show at the Crockett Center which is next door to the flea market knows what I'm talking about. While all these things are true, they are not sufficient conditions on which to base our immigration policy. They're also not grounds on which to pre-judge individual people, though to a degree that kind of prejudice is an unavoidable human tendency. It's not okay, but it's gonna happen.

jarguello74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    I never mentioned anything about legal or illegal immigrants coming from Mexico or anywhere else, because even though the largest population of illegals is coming from Mexico, the law applies to someone from any country that comes here. But I think that the politics of this discussion wether on this thread or anywhere else has been focused on Mexican immigrants because of the overwhelming percentage of illegal immigrants is coming either from, or through Mexico. Thats not racist, or somehow unfair in anyway, its just a fact of the situation that is being discussed, and debated.

It is a fact that the largest population of illegals come through Mexico and that not everyone that goes that route is Mexican. This country was created with good intentions and beliefs. I agree that we should get rid of all leeches foreign and domestic. We have a ton of people here that are capable of working but would rather ask for handouts. I make fun of my own people standing out side Home Depot, but they at least are trying to look for work even though it pays shitty. My wife and I went to lunch one day and i saw a Hispanic woman standing at the light asking for change, and i looked at my wife and said our people are truly taking the American jobs, and we laughed. I hardly see Latinos standing on the street corner begging for change. Like I stated before, we have a ton of American Citizens sponging off our income who do not want to work but drive Escalades and BMWs and Jaguars. What about those people? I say get rid of them too and send them to Australia.

LonghornAR15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Austin
    It is a fact that the largest population of illegals come through Mexico and that not everyone that goes that route is Mexican. This country was created with good intentions and beliefs. I agree that we should get rid of all leeches foreign and domestic. We have a ton of people here that are capable of working but would rather ask for handouts. I make fun of my own people standing out side Home Depot, but they at least are trying to look for work even though it pays shitty. My wife and I went to lunch one day and i saw a Hispanic woman standing at the light asking for change, and i looked at my wife and said our people are truly taking the American jobs, and we laughed. I hardly see Latinos standing on the street corner begging for change. Like I stated before, we have a ton of American Citizens sponging off our income who do not want to work but drive Escalades and BMWs and Jaguars. What about those people? I say get rid of them too and send them to Australia.

+1
    One of my girlfriend's ex-coworkers (she had to take a less than ideal job due to the recession) would go on his lunch break to a local intersection and panhandle. He was an able bodied American born male of european descent. Being a freeloader knows not color, class nor creed.

jarguello74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    +1
    One of my girlfriend's ex-coworkers (she had to take a less than ideal job due to the recession) would go on his lunch break to a local intersection and panhandle. He was an able bodied American born male of european descent. Being a freeloader knows not color, class nor creed.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I was talling one of my co-workers earlier that there was a guy that used to dress in his fatigues and stand on the corner with a sign posted Vietnam Veteran, homless and hungry. Later on that week i saw him rolling in a 1933 Buick Roadster mint condition. He was buying Cigars and liquor still dressed in his fatigues. Apparently this man had never been in the military, because the guy at the counter grew up with him, and said he was some kind of engineer and just didn't want to work. He was a draft dodger.

LonghornAR15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Austin
    Well, regardless of our individual political views, I think we can all agree that people like this suck. Capitalizing off of the respect that others have gained through sacrificing their lives for this country is particularly despicable.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    great comments/debates here in this thread. i like it!!:patriot: and the truely only reason i specified only mexican illegal immigrants, is because they are predominantly the majority of illegals crossing into Crazifornia. and the only true life experience i have had with. that being said, im sure most can agree from here on out, press#1 for spanish!!

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    How about "If you would like to proceed in Spanish, press 1 to disconnect."

I wouldn't move to Mexico and expect them to cater to my inability to speak their language, I just wish for the same courtesy. I'm not even sure if courtesy is the right word to be using here, "common sense" seems a lot more appropriate. The reason I focus on Spanish-speaking immigrants instead of others in this discussion is because I'm not being given an option to press '3' to continue in Korean or any number of other languages. ;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yep, thats another one. :)

That's written English. Spoken English is more intuitive than our incredibly screwed up grammatical structure.

If they made less effort to support Spanish then they'd be forced into learning English. I also find that most immigrants want to learn English, just that it's difficult, frustrating, and embarrassing. Noteably so, but if you take away the incentive to learn, then they will never push themselves to do so.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    +1

I don't see any Indian or Asian panhandlers, LOL.

There are plenty of worthless people out there of all colors.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have a real hard time believing that the Americans I know would want to fill the jobs left by immigrants. It's not like we have immigrant brain surgeons here or =QUOTE]
    maybe not from mexico.
    and maybe not illegals.
    but yes a large number of surgeons are infact foreigners. immigranst who are sending a large protion fo that money home. as well as motel owners and other serivce based industries as well.

Top Bottom