• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    Well,they basicly said they don't care what the people want they're going to do what they want and to hell with us.Its time everyone in DC is voted out in the next elections.If that doesn't do it then washington better look out.One of these days the people will be pushed only so far,and then they will strike back. sj

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Immigration "reform" is up next, and they already have staff working on getting it through Congress like the health care bill. The American people don't seem to mind that Pelosi and Obama have ignored the Constitution. Effectively, democracy is dead.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Only Immigration Reform we need is deport all of them bastards and wall off the borders and post sentry's ever 100ft.

Like it or not, America needs illegal immigrants. If we were to do what you suggest and deport all of the illegal immigrants in this country then companies would be forced to hire Americans to do the jobs that immigrants currently do for less than minimum wage, which would cause the price of things like... fresh produce to skyrocket. Because they would be forced to pay American workers more than they pay immigrants. Which would be bad for the economy as a whole.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Like it or not, America needs illegal immigrants. If we were to do what you suggest and deport all of the illegal immigrants in this country then companies would be forced to hire Americans to do the jobs that immigrants currently do for less than minimum wage, which would cause the price of things like... fresh produce to skyrocket. Because they would be forced to pay American workers more than they pay immigrants. Which would be bad for the economy as a whole.

I disagree that we "need" illegals. Yes, it is logical that the price of some things would go up, but the abundant illegal immigration has lots of hidden costs to those cheaper goods and services. It isn't hard to figure out that a disproportionate number of illegal immigrants are in jails and ER's. The under the table mentality opens the door for companies to both avoid taxes, undercut real American workers, and to abuse illegal workers.

A large percentage of wages to illegals go out of the country.

Long story short, it would be better if we could actually enforce the laws on the books.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    We don't need illegals,they are a drain on our economy.They are getting free medical care.They are getting care that I can't even get.They are involved in crime more often.They don't pay taxes.I can go on and on,but this enough for now.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    First off, it would only raise the price of produce about $8 per family per year according to Glenn Beck in "Arguing With Idiots". Say that figure is wrong and it costs a family $30 a year, is that too much? As long as we can keep the greedy Unions out of the mix, the extra cost should be bearable. Second, if the workers in all these jobs paid taxes, that would take some of the burden off of those who pay them already. Third, exactly how much money makes it worth having a safer country? I know most illegals are hard working, but not a one of them are law abiding, that is what makes them illegals. Fourth, look at how much untaxed money gets sent to Mexico from these workers. Imagine if all that cash stayed here and was pumped into our economy.

I used to believe the same way, but I have competed in construction against illegals for all of my life. I have done well competing against the low wages and low prices without using illegal help. I have found that most people are willing to pay a little extra to have an American company do the work for them. I believe this will go across the board into other illegal dominated fields if we sent them all back home.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I can see that. You guys do make some good arguments and personally I'd like to see a mass deportation... but I wouldn't quote Glenn Beck as a source. His job is to scare you so he can sell books and politics. I wish I could remember where I've seen it in the past but I saw vastly different numbers than $8 per family per year. Something more like $30 per trip to the grocery store if going twice a month. $30 would irk me. :)

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    GOOD LORD!!! if i hear one more person say "Oh, WE need ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" i'll puke!!! and YES i would pay 10$ for a head of lettuce if it meant they were all deported like they should be for BREAKING THE LAW!!!! MORE IMPORTANTLY, we spend annually somewhere around 350 BILLION on them to be here!!! and thirdly, tell my 15 employees i had to lay off when i had to close my business in california a few yrs ago we need ILLEGALS!!! I could not compete against the other A/C contractors using ILLEGAL help and just by following the laws of CRAZIFORNIA I was put out of business!!!! so you can claim ALL DAY LONG WE NEED THEM, and to be honest you're WRONG!!!!! this country would make it work w/o them as it has worked thru EVERY DIFFICULT TIME THAT HAS EVER BEEN THROWN AT HER!! and to be honest, i myself and most AMERICANS are sick and tired of the EXCUSE MAKERS for them as yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and last, all the diseases and crime they bring to this country is HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    One of the local major companies here in Tyler are planning on closing down the plant here and move to Mexico! Why? Because they can pay someone half of what it costs to pay a American down in Mehico.

Listening to Obama talk right now on every news station just makes me fume.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I hear ya Mailman!! when that Jack-a$$ gets on T.V. for the GAZILLIONTH time, i have to change the channel cause i literally get sick to my stomach!! i can only stand for So many lies, and OBUMMER exceded that OH, about last APRIL!!! i have never seen so many SHEEP willingly being led to slaughter as this CLOWN has commanded!!!!! GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    we do not need illegals,put all the retards in prison to work picking fruit....who cares. the impact illegals have here far outweigh any wishful thinking they benefit us somehow. all the nice old neighborhoods that have been ruined by them would go back to being quaint,affordable housing for lower income americans,and once the millions of taco joints vanished those vacant businesses could be replaced by something more useful. no more wasted money in schools on bilingual crap,teachers could focus on teaching and not speaking mexislang.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    but I wouldn't quote Glenn Beck as a source. His job is to scare you so he can sell books and politics.

uhhhh... you dont need Beck to scare anyone. What is currently happening is scary enough.

further more; no one has ever proved him wrong on what he has said. all you can ever do is call him names.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Hey, Don't hate on the taco joints! The ones we have around here are some of the best!

And yea, why the hell do prisoners get to sit in their cell and do almost nothing every day while WE pay for it. They should be outside from 5am to 7pm working their ass off! That is something that has always irritated me on how much WE pay to keep prisoners locked up with their amenities.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How can you say we need more workers when the unemployment rate is almost 10%? If the only job I could get was picking oranges at below minimum wage, then I'd take it.

Top Bottom