• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I buy the 5 gal Primo water. There water has a 9 step process for filtering and decontaminating. They add minerals back for taste. Even removes chlorine. Buy it at Walmart for $6 a bottle. Bought a cooler there for $79 (Black Friday Sale). No more cases of bottled water for me
    What will you do when there is no Walmart?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Time for me to start considering a filtration system. Just found out City of Houston issued a boil alert. Apparently the pumps lost power at 10:30 this morning and line pressure went dow. Just found out about 45 mins ago when BIL called. So, all day not a peep about this on the radio. I mean, on Thursday the national weather service could not stop cutting in about an apocalypse that never came to be, but possible bacteria contamination in the water supply isn’t worthy enough I suppose

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    This reminds me.... I need to store up some water just in case. And I now have a water treatment gizmo hooked up to my incoming water that ionizes the minerals in the water so that they don't deposit on the pipes and your dishes. It works. And there's no salt tablets or anything to maintain. It flushes itself out once a week - as I guess it does remove some of the minerals and such too. I still want something for the kitchen sink for drinking water so I don't have to keep filling the filter that I use for that...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    This reminds me.... I need to store up some water just in case. And I now have a water treatment gizmo hooked up to my incoming water that ionizes the minerals in the water so that they don't deposit on the pipes and your dishes. It works. And there's no salt tablets or anything to maintain. It flushes itself out once a week - as I guess it does remove some of the minerals and such too. I still want something for the kitchen sink for drinking water so I don't have to keep filling the filter that I use for that...

Hate to tell you.....but you'll figure it out for yourself down the road that the only thing it did was separate you from your money.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Where do you take/send water samples for testing?
    I've got my well completed and pumping.
    I need to test for usability now.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Big Blue at the pressure tank into the water softener and an RO at the kitchen sink for drinking water.

My neighbor was telling me about using RV (Recreational Vehicle) filters to take out even more impurities.

I've read that RO water robs your body of more minerals (the ones you need) so it's important to take K, Mg, NaCl, etc... supplements. I do that anyway, so....

Alan

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Big Blue at the pressure tank into the water softener and an RO at the kitchen sink for drinking water.

My neighbor was telling me about using RV (Recreational Vehicle) filters to take out even more impurities.

I've read that RO water robs your body of more minerals (the ones you need) so it's important to take K, Mg, NaCl, etc... supplements. I do that anyway, so....

Alan

Yeah - thing is, an informed physician will tell you that if you're relying on tap water for needed minerals, you're already screwed.

That BB should be AFTER the softener, unless you have gauges between the filter and softener so that you can test to be SURE that the pressure exceeds 35 PSI during the backwash cycle. If it's less than that, you run the risk of NOT getting a proper regeneration.

MOST of the aftermarket filters are lots of hype and little substance unless you know what you're trying to filter. I see a LOT of wasted money on "special" filters.

Reactions: gll

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yeah - thing is, an informed physician will tell you that if you're relying on tap water for needed minerals, you're already screwed….
    True, but. We dumped electrolytes into our ROWPU-fee water buffalos as an SOP in the field, but those were *unique* environments.

Most normal folks don’t drink enough H2O and sweat enough for hyponatremia to be a problem, but if you do, you’re dead.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ok.
    Water has been lab tested.
    We've got high nitrates and nitrites.
    Seems it's distillation or RO.
    I'm certainly leaning towards RO.
    Can anyone recommend an under sink unit that doesn't need extra high pressure?
    Well pressure switch comes on at 35 psi and cuts off at 50 psi. I'd like to avoid a booster pump if possible.

Thanks.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Seychelle for all the extreme water filtration. I have one of their radiation nuke pitcher filters. I don't think I posted this one yet.
    I have Zero Water, Lifestraw, Sawyer, and some candle filters too.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Ok.
    Water has been lab tested.
    We've got high nitrates and nitrites.
    Seems it's distillation or RO.
    I'm certainly leaning towards RO.
    Can anyone recommend an under sink unit that doesn't need extra high pressure?
    Well pressure switch comes on at 35 psi and cuts off at 50 psi. I'd like to avoid a booster pump if possible.

Thanks.

I have a system from Home Depot by GE. Has a little tank under the sink. Water tastes great.

3 filters. Replace RO filter every other time. Very easy filter changes. Don’t have to turn water off to do it.

Have had this system fir at least 10 years. Had to replace it last year.

Around $160 I think.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom