Water filtration - what do you have?

Malatesta

Jul 22, 2020
Austin
In Hawaii there's no floride there's also way more cavities sorry too lazy for receipts atm

Time On Target

Feb 22, 2016
Ok from the water point of view life straws and military water purification tablets in the bug out bag. I bought a distillation kit, yes I have enough fuel to run it for six months where I can distill my own water. This is in addition to two 55 gallon water storage units with spigots on the bottom and the ability to rig up to the downspouts. So I have long term at the house pretty much covered as well as short term time to get the heck out of dodge or Harris County covered as well.

justmax

Jul 28, 2019
North Houston
Big Berkey - that's what I was thinking about on Frugals..

I've got a life straw as well - that's part of my portable kit.

I drink tap water and always have. I'm mostly concerned about getting dysentery in a bad situation.
Bib Berkey is the only way to go! Anything I drink or cook with goes through it first. I have the additional filters for arsenic and fluoride, but am saving them for if/when I actually need to purify standing or ditch water.

anedae

Mar 17, 2014
We’ve got a big berkey - we love it. Definitely need some extra filters, maybe some smaller more portable water purification as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
Jul 8, 2012
Rockdale, Texas
Here's a thread I got started a while back about filtering the brackish water from our well with a Watts Reverse Osmosis Under-the-Sink system.
Maybe there's info you can use.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members