Not open for further replies.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Vmix : Video: Tucson SWAT shooting of former Marine

Looks like both sides were a little loose with the truth. They did hit lights and siren (though about 8 seconds worth of a siren that sounds like a car alarm...?)

What kills me is how lazy and they are about breaching and entering. Here I'd thought SWAT would be better than that...

The 911 tape is out, too. You can listen at this article.

The 911 recording tells part of the story, too. She's scared, she's confused. It doesn't sound like she realizes it's the police right away.
    Target Sports

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    What kills me is how lazy and they are about breaching and entering. Here I'd thought SWAT would be better than that...

It doesn't matter what the unit, tactical team, what uniform, what badge, what tabs, none of that stuff really has any definite guarantee as to the voracity of the person wearing them. It's all about the individual and how seriously they take their job or the task at hand. I've known a few high speed types, mostly former but one currently active duty, and most of them have told me the same thing, that you see laziness, complacency, etc even with a lot of supposedly high speed type teams, SF, etc. This should be a lesson to us all to pay attention to detail, take shit seriously, and always make yourself a "hard target" instead of being casual and care free.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It doesn't matter what the unit, tactical team, what uniform, what badge, what tabs, none of that stuff really has any definite guarantee as to the voracity of the person wearing them. It's all about the individual and how seriously they take their job or the task at hand. I've known a few high speed types, mostly former but one currently active duty, and most of them have told me the same thing, that you see laziness, complacency, etc even with a lot of supposedly high speed type teams, SF, etc. This should be a lesson to us all to pay attention to detail, take shit seriously, and always make yourself a "hard target" instead of being casual and care free.

You pretty much have described why most people never see any sort of real success in life. Too much planning and very little execution combined with a dose of laziness and complacency have spoiled many peoples lives who had what it took if they just got off of their ass.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Too much planning and very little execution combined with a dose of laziness and complacency have spoiled many peoples lives who had what it took if they just got off of their ass.

I don't know how much validity there is in this statement. I propose we call a meeting to discuss the factors you mention and see which one might need more attention so we can plan the next meeting so we will know what we will discuss to determine the topic of discussion for further meetings.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I don't know how much validity there is in this statement. I propose we call a meeting to discuss the factors you mention and see which one might need more attention so we can plan the next meeting so we will know what we will discuss to determine the topic of discussion for further meetings.
    Should we appoint a committee to insure we have all the meetings scheduled appropriately?

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    But first, we need to form a committee to determine the validity and efficiency of such meetings.

Edit: HA! I see San Antone beat me to it. And people wonder why Americans aren't producing anymore!

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    SWAT looked pretty casual about breaking down that door. I'm not LEO, but If I was one of them and expecting a dangerous and armed criminal, I would have acted differently.

I guess that's good news for all of us. If the police state is going to be lazily breaking down our doors because we disagree with the regime, then it gives us some time to escape, right?

Just don't point anything at them...... If I was awakened from a slumber by a screaming wife, and heard a gun blast breaching my front door, I would have jumped up and started shooting. I don't see any reason not to shoting UNLESS you knew it was police. But seriously, until I find hear more credible information, I find it plausible that the marine didn't know it was police.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    This is like the Bin Laden raid. We get a story, then it changes, lots of speculation, then it changes again. New, conflicting info followed by lots more speculation and people inserting their own truths. Another crumb of info from .gov then the story morphs more.

We will never know the real truth because it has been diluted with so much fiction/fantasy.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I used to hear "There are 3 sides to every story, his side, her side and what actually happened."

I guess that now needs to be "There are 4 sides to every story, his side, her side, what actually happened and what THEY tell you to believe happened."

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Pretty disturbing video. I read he was in the home with an AR-15 when they broke open the door. I wonder who fired first? Seems like a huge clusterfuck.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    wow, seems like he didn't even get a shot off. safety still on allegedly....maybe they saw him with a gun in hand and just "went to work." I'd hate to think that to be the series of events, but that seemed like some shitty shooting skills/technique.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    71 gunshots being fired at Guerena, whose gun had the safety on. He was shot 60 times .. wow.

Pound at my door, wake me up from deep slumber with wife screaming and I'll have an AR15 in hand. What % chance do I have it's the cops not some badguys?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom