Texas SOT

Unexplained incident thread. Ghosts? Bigfoot? Midget Clowns in the woods while hunting? In honor of Ghostober.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Not really UFO stories, when I was doing the late-night paper route, I stopped along the I-10 feeder to make water when one of the shuttles was coming in for a landing. It was traveling East to West the plasma trail generated by the heat of re-entry was SPECTACULAR!

A second sighting was of an air or spaceplane type vehicle when I was in Moravia Texas about mid-afternoon one day, my cousin had asked me to come out and wire a security light and mount it on the gable side of the house, I couldn't do it, the attic access panel was way too small for my wide shoulders to fit through. But back to the story, the vehicle appeared to have the same coloration and tile structure of a then-current Space Shuttle, but it did not need to be piggybacked on a larger plane, it was self-powered. The closest sketch I found doing a quick search for space technology was something akin to the Calico and Angora at spacefuture.com. This style is close but it is not exactly correct. The vehicle was traveling about 100 to 200 feet above the ground, I assume to travel below radar tracking systems, this is a wild guess. It was not frightening or anything like that just cool to see.

The X-33 may be even closer, but I do not remember the stubby rear wings.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Not really UFO stories, when I was doing the late-night paper route, I stopped along the I-10 feeder to make water when one of the shuttles was coming in for a landing. It was traveling East to West the plasma trail generated by the heat of re-entry was SPECTACULAR!
    Ha, that was somewhere around the mid-90's. I too was running a paper route and I believe it was around 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning. It was over San Antonio but from the DFW area it looked close, was very bright and moved at a very good speed across the southern sky.

No big foot or UFO stories for me. Nearest thing was around the time of all the Boggy Creek stuff and we were dear hunting in eastern Oklahoma. I had to find the tree shitter in the dark and while indisposed, something was moving around in the woods. It was a wild boar but to a kid with an active imagination...

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I dont doubt the sasquatch stuff, far from it. I do doubt him and the info is out there about basic detail they screwed up, starting with environmental conditions.

Speaking as someone who investigated a thing or two, when you weigh ones story you have to verify what you can to base credibility on those facts. IMHO the whole foundation to him and his sh ou w and how he does business is lacking credibility and I'm not alone in that thought.

I dont want to create animosity here about the guy or his site and show. I figured mentioning it a half a dozen times is as close to spamming as it gets. Folk can do as they wish with the info about him the show and site.

Now back to unexplained stories, bigfoot especially.
    Sasquatch is real.

I know for a fact because I've seen the documentary, Harry and the Henderson's, several times.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Let's stop psuedo spamming for this guy and his show. Many consider him a hoaxer. It just doesn't seem right to keep pushing sasquatch chronicles and wes. Just let folks tell their stories.

IMHO Ofcourse.
    Sorry. I tried to go back and clean up the posts but could only edit one.

Spamming was not my intent nor trying to hijack your thread.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    One was camping at my favorite spot south side of willamette nf. Once up there it’s near the 4 way that used to connect the north side and go to central Oregon. By three meadows. That might jog your memory Sasquatch? So I’m sleeping in the bed no canopy. Wake up just because. I’m laying on my back so I noticed it right away. Silent. A giant hex shape. I could tell the shape from the red lights on the underside. All dark color. It rotated silently until out of view. It was large.

Yep, been in that area a few times.

I've seen some weird, unexplainable stuff in the sky - have to call it a UFO because it literally was unidentifiable. Given Portland's relatively close proximity to Lewis-McCord, the AF base in Klamath Falls (my dad's last duty station before retiring) and the USAF bombing range in the Columbia Gorge I figured it was probably military stuff.

One night while I was doing Uber/Lyft, I stopped for a break on the east-side near OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry for those not from Portland) - which sits right on the east bank of the Willamette River in downtown Portland.

I saw something hovering above downtown - it looked to be a few hundred feet above the KOIN tower. It was a night with low cloud cover and this thing was fading in and out of the clouds. The colors of the lights didn't match with FAA regulation market lights - no red/green or white landing lights - it was more of a bluish light. I tried getting video, but my phone didn't take good low-light images or video and it just came out a dark, blurry mess. It hovered there for about five minutes, then just winked out of existence. It was more of a shimmering light, than a blinking/flashing or solid light. It didn't zip off at a high rate of speed, it didn't do any weird maneuvers - it was just kind of hanging there, and then it was just gone.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Scariest movie I ever saw as an adult, was the the "Blair Witch Project". Even knowing it was not real, that movie scared the crap out of me!
    One of the dumbest movies ever! They did do a great job marketing it! My wife made me take her, when we got to the truck I wouldn’t open the door until she paid me what I spent!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, there was the time I was working on a small project sitting on the corner of the back porch at my parents' house and out of the corner of my eye I saw my mother step out of the front door to see what I was up to. What I was up to was using a Dremel to carve a Celtic cross for her grave, because we discovered that the funeral home hadn't put a temp marker on it after her funeral and her headstone was still a few weeks from being done, and I was livid that they left my mother in an unmarked grave.

When I looked up she was gone.

Bright daylight, mid-afternoon. She was wearing the red shirt she always wore and a pair of jeans, just like always. The only ones at the house that day were my kids, my wife, my dad and me. Definitely nobody Mom's height and build (or her former build - she looked normal instead of being thin and frail from the chemo), or that was wearing a red shirt that day. It was about 2 weeks after her funeral.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Well, there was the time I was working on a small project sitting on the corner of the back porch at my parents' house and out of the corner of my eye I saw my mother step out of the front door to see what I was up to. What I was up to was using a Dremel to carve a Celtic cross for her grave, because we discovered that the funeral home hadn't put a temp marker on it after her funeral and her headstone was still a few weeks from being done, and I was livid that they left my mother in an unmarked grave.

When I looked up she was gone.

Bright daylight, mid-afternoon. She was wearing the red shirt she always wore and a pair of jeans, just like always. The only ones at the house that day were my kids, my wife, my dad and me. Definitely nobody Mom's height and build (or her former build - she looked normal instead of being thin and frail from the chemo), or that was wearing a red shirt that day. It was about 2 weeks after her funeral.
    Wow. That made the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Why are big foots always alone? Why do they never have any primitive tools or minimal clothes? I was thinking about the San Bushmen in Africa said to be the most ancient race of people. Even the san people build huts, live in communities & have music & art.

Hell all kinds of animals have figured out tools also. Animal have to mate and die why has no one ever stumbled upon big foot remains or a mother with young? What about an old sick one? And what about shit, anyone whose been in the wild has come across shit & most all of it is identifiable? Big foot don't shit or are they burying it. To bury it they would have a tool one would think.

With all these sittings one would think every big foot out their is one age & fit enough+ smart enough to go undetected enough to elude modern man & technology.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There was a show on the idiot box about some guy exploring for extinct animals like the Tasmanian Tiger. Iirc he proved a few critters on the extinct list still existed.

It was probably this guy.
    Super fascinating podcast…there are shorter excerpts also on YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Why are big foots always alone? Why do they never have any primitive tools or minimal clothes? I was thinking about the San Bushmen in Africa said to be the most ancient race of people. Even the san people build huts, live in communities & have music & art.

Hell all kinds of animals have figured out tools also. Animal have to mate and die why has no one ever stumbled upon big foot remains or a mother with young? What about an old sick one? And what about shit, anyone whose been in the wild has come across shit & most all of it is identifiable? Big foot don't shit or are they burying it. To bury it they would have a tool one would think.

With all these sittings one would think every big foot out their is one age & fit enough+ smart enough to go undetected enough to elude modern man & technology.

Who says they don’t use tools?

Have you seen a tipi structure out in the woods? The 4 - 5 young trees placed in a geometric design?
    There have been wigwam style sleeping areas made, as well.
    I think, and this is my theory, that Sasquatch remains aren’t found, because they bury their dead.
    I’m pretty sure Sasquatch uses rocks, and rock tools, too. They probably use wooden clubs, too, if not wooden spears.
    There have been videos on YouTube showing female Sasquatch and Sasquatch babies.
    There are pics on Google too.
    I’m pretty sure people have ran across scat, too, and has dismissed it as other animals scat, and or humans scat.
    There is evidence, we just have to be better at recognizing it.

Hawk

Top Bottom