Patriot Mobile

Unexplained incident thread. Ghosts? Bigfoot? Midget Clowns in the woods while hunting? In honor of Ghostober.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Big thanks to both Hawkeye and Sasquatch for sharing their stories. Sam7sf is right…it does take guts to share these stories because so many folks are ridiculed when they share them.

As I said earlier, I’ve heard hundreds, maybe over a thousand eyewitness accounts on podcasts. My favorite show is Sasquatch Chronicle. If anyone is interested, start around episode 100, as the earlier episodes had some growing pains. But the host, Wes Germer, really grew into a great interviewer, and he lets folks tell it in their words.

So many guests, after the interview, thank him for letting them tell their story. Some folks hold it in out of fear, some have been ridiculed, others just go into a shell. Many say how these events change their lives, but not usually for the better. Some lifelong hunters have a bad encounter and never go back into the woods.

Im glad you guys are dealing with this so well. I wish you the best. I also encourage you to email Wes. He will not put your discussion on the air without permission.

One last thing….after listening to so many stories, I’ve really seen some repeated things. These stories share characteristics with many many accounts I’ve heard. I believe both of you guys. And again….thanks for sharing!

It’s taken me over 20 years to tell what I saw.
    You hit the nail on the head, I didn’t want to say anything about it because of possible ridicule, or someone finding out online about Hawkeye, the Nut, the guy who doesn’t have all of his mental capabilities, saw a mythical creature. Kinda like someone seeing the Boggie Man, in some instances.
    I’m older now, and have a thicker skin, and don’t really care what others say or think anymore.
    Also, I know what I saw. If it were a black bear, my life would’ve been simpler.
    I don’t open up much about it, though. Only when I know there are open minded individuals, such as here on this forum, that can actually receive such info, and can ask good questions about my encounter, instead of joking, and and ridicule what I saw.
    As I said before, I don’t believe, I know.
    I’m pretty sure the member Sasquatch will say the same thing.
    He doesn’t just believe, he knows as well.
    The physical experience you have to seeing one isn’t fun! You run the gambit of every emotion within 2 to 3 seconds.
    I was at first like, surprised, but happily surprised, “Oh Shit!!”, to being the scared shitless, cold sweats, and realizing I’m all alone, “OH SHIT!!”, and wondering if there are more than one, “oh shit!”and I have to walk out of here to the road which is a cool .25 miles away. Then getting to my truck, and sitting inside, staring out the windshield, thankful I’m alive, and still sweating, “oh shit” did I just witness what I did?!?
    Then, on the by the time I’m driving to get to the main road, having tunnel vision, to realizing I can’t tell anybody what I saw, “oh……shit” feeling.

Hawk
    Venture Surplus ad

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Some places have actually passed laws to protect these creatures. I don't know if the lawmakers behind it thought they were being funny, or wanted publicity, or they actually knew the truth behind them.

If you get forest service personnel, fish & game personnel, game wardens...anyone who spends a lot of time in the woods to open up candidly, they'll tell you that at least some of the higher ups know they exist.

Remember the Spotted Owl nonsense in the 1990's? I've been told by more than one state Forest Service worker, and I've heard it corroborated on podcasts by others claiming to be forest service or game wardens - that the reason the logging was halted in those areas wasn't about the Spotted Owl, but it was to protect a group of Sasquatch in the effected areas.

Its also speculated the reason the government just doesnt' come and acknowledge them - it would cripple certain industries like logging because the entire damn forests are their domain, and if they get treated as a protected animal species, or as a tribe of nomadic hominid creatures - it becomes a regulatory nightmare - so ultimately there's more money in ignoring them, than there is acknowledging they're real.
    Surprised the dems haven’t found a way to tax them

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Big thanks to both Hawkeye and Sasquatch for sharing their stories. Sam7sf is right…it does take guts to share these stories because so many folks are ridiculed when they share them.

As I said earlier, I’ve heard hundreds, maybe over a thousand eyewitness accounts on podcasts. My favorite show is Sasquatch Chronicle. If anyone is interested, start around episode 100, as the earlier episodes had some growing pains. But the host, Wes Germer, really grew into a great interviewer, and he lets folks tell it in their words.

So many guests, after the interview, thank him for letting them tell their story. Some folks hold it in out of fear, some have been ridiculed, others just go into a shell. Many say how these events change their lives, but not usually for the better. Some lifelong hunters have a bad encounter and never go back into the woods.

Im glad you guys are dealing with this so well. I wish you the best. I also encourage you to email Wes. He will not put your discussion on the air without permission.

One last thing….after listening to so many stories, I’ve really seen some repeated things. These stories share characteristics with many many accounts I’ve heard. I believe both of you guys. And again….thanks for sharing!
    Let's stop psuedo spamming for this guy and his show. Many consider him a hoaxer. It just doesn't seem right to keep pushing sasquatch chronicles and wes. Just let folks tell their stories.

IMHO Ofcourse.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Let's stop psuedo spamming for this guy and his show. Many consider him a hoaxer. It just doesn't seem right to keep pushing sasquatch chronicles and wes. Just let folks tell their stories.

IMHO Ofcourse.

I've listened to his story a number of times of his (and his brother's) encounter - and while my experiences didn't go like his, I don't think he's hoaxing. I'm familiar with the area where Wes lives and had his encounter - we had a space in a private camp ground on a lake not far from there when I was a kid, and I've done some running around in the Amboy area and have family in Amboy and Yacolt. Its very dense forest, a good population of deer and elk, and while there are people - they're very small towns and typical rural communities so having a group of these creatures living there wouldn't be surprising at all.

I've heard enough stories from people of violent encounters that I can't discount that behavior - but I do temper it with my own personal encounters with them in which I didn't feel threatened. That's not to say it wasn't scary - but it was scary because I was face to face and in close proximity to a living, breathing thing of legend, and they're physically impressive, intimidating creatures. Kind of like how I feel when I've run across a venomous snake.

I've never met Wes, I do listen to a lot of his shows to hear other people's encounter stories. There are a lot he's had on that I call bullshit on, because the details they share are just flat wrong about areas I'm familiar with, or with weapons or other subjects I know - some just sound like sci-fi fan fiction. Others though, others resonate and sound very plausible if not true, and there's a tone in one's voice when you can tell they're genuinely reliving a traumatic or stressful encounter that you can't really duplicate play-acting.

Besides sharing my story in written form on this and a couple other internet forums, I've only told, in spoken word, a handful of people about my encounter because most people look at you like you're crazy and immediately discount anything you have to say. For those who had real encounters and have the balls to go on a show with a huge audience like Wes' - I applaud them. Depending on the person's profession they could be taking a huge risk there, not to mention it can get someone labelled as a crackpot.

Wes and his show have gotten huge over the years, given the niche. I do generally find it more credible than anything you'll see on cable or broadcast TV. Having spoken to a number of folks who have met the guy - one person and organization who I'd say is a hoaxer/grifter would be Matt Moneymaker and the BFRO. I reached out to another prominent BFRO member based in Oregon, not far from where I had one of my encounters and he was not interested in my encounters, even though I offered to guide him to the locations.

There's money to be made by talking about the subject, there's money to be made yanking the public's chain - but I honestly think there's a lot of money to be lost if it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to the general public that Sasquatch are real. Think about it - logging operations would have to stop in most places, or be scaled back and tailored to areas with no activity. Oil pipelines and other utility projects may be endangered because of running through Sasquatch territory. Even camp grounds may have to close because they are located in the territory. A relic hominid species, inhabiting the forests of North America and beyond? Its a real scientist's wet dream, but its a politician and developer's nightmare.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've listened to his story a number of times of his (and his brother's) encounter - and while my experiences didn't go like his, I don't think he's hoaxing. I'm familiar with the area where Wes lives and had his encounter - we had a space in a private camp ground on a lake not far from there when I was a kid, and I've done some running around in the Amboy area and have family in Amboy and Yacolt. Its very dense forest, a good population of deer and elk, and while there are people - they're very small towns and typical rural communities so having a group of these creatures living there wouldn't be surprising at all.

I've heard enough stories from people of violent encounters that I can't discount that behavior - but I do temper it with my own personal encounters with them in which I didn't feel threatened. That's not to say it wasn't scary - but it was scary because I was face to face and in close proximity to a living, breathing thing of legend, and they're physically impressive, intimidating creatures. Kind of like how I feel when I've run across a venomous snake.

I've never met Wes, I do listen to a lot of his shows to hear other people's encounter stories. There are a lot he's had on that I call bullshit on, because the details they share are just flat wrong about areas I'm familiar with, or with weapons or other subjects I know - some just sound like sci-fi fan fiction. Others though, others resonate and sound very plausible if not true, and there's a tone in one's voice when you can tell they're genuinely reliving a traumatic or stressful encounter that you can't really duplicate play-acting.

Besides sharing my story in written form on this and a couple other internet forums, I've only told, in spoken word, a handful of people about my encounter because most people look at you like you're crazy and immediately discount anything you have to say. For those who had real encounters and have the balls to go on a show with a huge audience like Wes' - I applaud them. Depending on the person's profession they could be taking a huge risk there, not to mention it can get someone labelled as a crackpot.

Wes and his show have gotten huge over the years, given the niche. I do generally find it more credible than anything you'll see on cable or broadcast TV. Having spoken to a number of folks who have met the guy - one person and organization who I'd say is a hoaxer/grifter would be Matt Moneymaker and the BFRO. I reached out to another prominent BFRO member based in Oregon, not far from where I had one of my encounters and he was not interested in my encounters, even though I offered to guide him to the locations.

There's money to be made by talking about the subject, there's money to be made yanking the public's chain - but I honestly think there's a lot of money to be lost if it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to the general public that Sasquatch are real. Think about it - logging operations would have to stop in most places, or be scaled back and tailored to areas with no activity. Oil pipelines and other utility projects may be endangered because of running through Sasquatch territory. Even camp grounds may have to close because they are located in the territory. A relic hominid species, inhabiting the forests of North America and beyond? Its a real scientist's wet dream, but its a politician and developer's nightmare.
    I dont doubt the sasquatch stuff, far from it. I do doubt him and the info is out there about basic detail they screwed up, starting with environmental conditions.

Speaking as someone who investigated a thing or two, when you weigh ones story you have to verify what you can to base credibility on those facts. IMHO the whole foundation to him and his sh ou w and how he does business is lacking credibility and I'm not alone in that thought.

I dont want to create animosity here about the guy or his site and show. I figured mentioning it a half a dozen times is as close to spamming as it gets. Folk can do as they wish with the info about him the show and site.

Now back to unexplained stories, bigfoot especially.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Still waiting for the ufo stories.

I can post a meme of Georgio

1632628637607.png

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    One was camping at my favorite spot south side of willamette nf. Once up there it’s near the 4 way that used to connect the north side and go to central Oregon. By three meadows. That might jog your memory Sasquatch? So I’m sleeping in the bed no canopy. Wake up just because. I’m laying on my back so I noticed it right away. Silent. A giant hex shape. I could tell the shape from the red lights on the underside. All dark color. It rotated silently until out of view. It was large.

The second we were at Texas street off hw 34. Facing north and to the East are train tracks and tree line. We noticed a ball the size of a car and it was mixing colors. A mix of green, red, yellow. It was clearly an orb. It followed the tree line and would vanish. Show up at a different location then do the same thing. Then it would stop but be visible. Right when we decided to look at it threw some glass it emitted a very bright white light then vanished for good.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I’ve seen videos of dumbasses in clown outfits running after unsuspecting folks. That was a thing for a while. I’d hate to ventilate a dickhead because he was concocting a silly prank.
    I remember that from several years ago. Playing stupid games, can win you stupid prizes.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    @HawkeyeSATX that start reminds me of when I watched the Legend of the Boggy Creek Monster. Scared the living crap out of my 10 year old self.
    Wasn’t this the movie where the monster beat on the window while the guy was on the shitter? Dude came running out of the shithouse with his pants around his ankles.

Top Bottom