Unexplained incident thread. Ghosts? Bigfoot? Midget Clowns in the woods while hunting? In honor of Ghostober.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don’t believe in the chubacabra. It’s a canine with mites. Even if it’s somehow a new critter, the chubacabra legend is from
    Puerto Rico and when that happened in the 90’s (as a kid I remember what the locals claimed. Yes my dad had me travel a lot) is something that drains birds of blood and is described as something extraterrestrial. A very far out bunch of bs.
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I don’t believe in the chubacabra. It’s a canine with mites. Even if it’s somehow a new critter, the chubacabra legend is from
    Puerto Rico and when that happened in the 90’s (as a kid I remember what the locals claimed. Yes my dad had me travel a lot) is something that drains birds of blood and is described as something extraterrestrial. A very far out bunch of bs.
    I thought it meant goat sucker?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    With any Bigfoot, or Sasquatch sightings, most are going to be viewed with a certain amount of skepticism and doubt.

Not to discount what anyone thinks they may have seen, but I think a lot of skepticism comes from so many people playing hoaxes and pulling deceptions on the public, that it's hard to discern what is a legitimate sighting, or someone just looking for the 15 minutes of fame.

I think some witness' do believe they saw "something" and telling what they believe to be true.

For myself, I'm still on the fence. I do believe it's possible that there could be an undiscovered creature out there. But it remains that why there isn't any sort of concrete and conclusive proof and evidence that supports their existence?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Ok. lemme start by saying my chosen moniker on here is a nickname given to me by some coworkers years ago because I was the tallest guy there, and they said my walking gait was like that of the Sasquatch from the old Patterson-Gimlin film, and it kind of stuck.

Some folks won't believe it. Some will say I've mistaken what I saw for something more explainable to them. Others will believe it, some just don't care.

I know the Sasquatch are real as I've seen them with my own eyes, with witnesses more than once.

I'll share a couple of the encounters. @Sam7sf may or may not be familiar with the locations I'll mention here. @easy rider having lived in Beaverton may also know of them or at least the general areas.

Encounter 1 - about 9 years ago.

Myself and two of my close cousins - the closest possible as they're the sons of my mother's twin sister - took a drive up to a place called Goat Mountain, which is southeast of the town of Estacada, Oregon which lies at the base of Mount Hood. Goat Mountain is essentially a foothill to Mt. Hood. The road I took up there is called the Hillock Burn which turns into a series of USFS roads. I give these details so people so inclined can take a look at the google maps satellite view to get an idea of what its like.

When you travel far enough up there, you pass a series of gates. We wound up on a particular forest road that hadn't been used in years on this particular trip - it was both an exploratory "do it for the hell of it" trip, and a shooting trip. One of the nice things about the left coast is a lot of publicly owned forest land, and you can target shoot out there on most of it.

We were in my old Grand Cherokee, and passed a gate and headed up this old road that kept getting narrower - hemmed in by thickly growing brush, tall grass in the middle of the gravel track that in places reached the hood of the Jeep. We had brush slapping both sides of the Jeep as well for a good ways, then the road connected up with another logging road and opened back up before cresting the hill and revealing a valley.

At one point, not being familiar with the road, we parked the jeep at a Y, and decided to head up on foot to see if the road widened out, and to scout for suitable safe shooting locations. We'd just popped out of the thickest part of the brush just a few hundred yards back, and it looked like a typical forest road again before coming toward the crest of the hill and revealing a view of the valley.

At the time my younger cousin was about 20 and his brother was 24. The younger cousin was already getting pretty gung ho into collecting firearms, as he started at 18 and already owned a few long guns and a pistol. We decided to arm up, because the area, despite being remote, did have a certain reputation for weirdness of the explainable human sorts. A friend of mine was a police officer for a neighboring town to this area, and told me of some of the weird shit he and his coworkers encountered - people doing weird occult rituals in the woods, methbillies with mobile methlabs running all over trying to hide from the cops, things like that.

My younger cousin slung a rifle on his shoulder. I had my normal carry pistol on me - which IIRC at the time was a Glock 17 or 19, and I grabbed my AR for good measure. I think my older cousin slung my 12ga. Young cousin elected to take the fork to the right to scout, while his brother and I went to the left fork. The older cousin and I hadn't made it more than a couple hundred yards down our road when we heard his brother screaming, so we turned around and hauled ass toward the fork in the road. We got there the same time his brother did. My young cousin was the most fit between the three of us, he was panting heavy and scared. After he caught his breath, he told us he'd been walking on the edge of the road, and had made it around the first curve when something started to grunt and growl in the trees.

My first thought was mountain lion or bear - there are both in that area, along with coyotes. It was possible there were wolves too, as Oregon's Dept. of Fish & Wildlife had been reintroducing wolves to the eastern side of the Cascade mountains, and I'd read that one lone wolf with a tracker had been located on Mt. Hood.

We walked back up together, because we wanted to figure out what it was. He showed us the area where he'd heard the growls, we didn't hear anything, but as we headed back toward the Jeep we did pick up a really pungent, almost putrid smell - it was like ball funk and butt sweat combined to make an even worse smell.

We got back to the Jeep without incident and decided just to drive further down the left fork, where my older cousin and I had been walking. We drove cautiously and eventually found an old rock pit. We spent a couple hours shooting, not forgetting about the weirdness, but not talking about it. After we'd shot all the ammo we wanted to shoot and cleaning up, policing up all the spent brass we loaded up and headed back. About a quarter mile into the stretch of road that was over grown, we saw what we figure is a juvenile Sasquatch standing at the edge of the brush on our right. It was just about as tall as my Jeep - about five and a half feet tall. We weren't going real fast because of the brush scraping the sides, so we got a good look at the thing. The hair or fur was reddish brown - a bit redder in tone than a deer - and it had some mottling to it. The hair was long. There was hair on the cheeks but not on the nose or around the eyes. The eyes were dark but just like human eyes, you could see white around the iris. We were within twenty feet of the thing when it bolted and bounded into the brush.

All three of us saw the thing. At that point we put two & two together - my younger cousin's growling creature and the smell we smelled, then seeing the short Sasquatch - we figured maybe a family of them was in the area, and the growling could've been the creature we saw, but more likely it was Mama or Papa trying to run us off from their kid. We thought about stopping and getting out, but decided against it because if Mama or Papa was about, we were all admittedly scared enough of what an encounter with a pissed off parent would be like, even if we did have a bunch of guns.

That was the first time I'd ever seen one of these things. Not the first time I'd seen signs of them - my wife & I had found tracks while camping before in different places. We've had those weird encounters where all of a sudden the entire forest goes silent because of a predator on the prowl. Never had seen an actual Sasquatch before that though.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The last encounter I had with one was a few years ago. It was November, and I needed to get out of the house and get some alone time fishing to de-stress from work. I decided to go trout fishing on a small stream called Gales Creek, which drains from the east-side of the Coast Range mountains into the Tualatin Valley. I fished this creek a lot during the spring and summer months, but hadn't fished in the winter before (Oregon had only recently opened stream trout fishing up during late fall & winter on this stream at that point.)

I grabbed my fly rod, along with the back pack I carried in the truck at work with me that was my "get home bag" - in the event I had to ditch the truck and walk home due to some disaster. I figured it would be good to get some practice in hiking with the full bag. The only thing I added to the contents of the bag for the day was a peanutbutter sandwhich for lunch. I drove out to the gate to the Gales Creek campground - which was closed in the winter and parked my car. I got suited up for my trip - chest waders, wading boots, wader belt, on which I carried my pistol, fleece vest, fleece jacket, small fanny pack with my flies & tackle, the big backpack, hat. etc and hiked down the hill to the campground. It was a rainy, gray typical November day. I started fishing at the camp ground and hiked up the creek, working my way mostly in the creek, but having to get out & hike the banks at the deepest spots.

I fished pretty hard that morning, and by noon I was hungry and getting a little tired. I found a spot nearby with a good place to sit and eat lunch. I dug out my peanut butter sandwich, a bottle of water, and foil pack of tuna that always kept in the bag. It was nice to sit and watch the stream burble along while eating. I got weird feeling like I was being watched and began looking around. I didn't figure on being the only one there that day - even though it was a weekday - because there was a hiking trail on the other side of the creek, plus a logging operation way up the mountain. I didn't see anyone on the ridge across the stream from me. I looked behind me - and standing at the edge of the road, near some small trees but out in the open was a large male Sasquatch. From where I was sitting, the forest road was maybe twenty or twenty-five yards and a little uphill from me. On the other side of the road, right across the ditch, was a steep hill side. The Sasquatch was standing on the gravel, on my side of the road, just watching me. He kind of swayed side to side a little bit. I don't know how long he had been there, he could've been watching me fishing before I stopped to eat, or maybe he caught the sent of my food and wanted to see what was going on.

I wasn't scared so much as startled, and as soon as I realized what or who I was looking at, he got scared and he crossed the road with one stride and then bounded up the hill. This was no juvenile, it was much larger than me. At the time I was approaching my heaviest - 315lbs, 6'4". This thing probably had a hundred pounds and at least six inches in height on me. It was broad shouldered, a more grayish brown color than the juvenile I described in the previous encounter. The muddy hill side was soft, and where that thing hit the dirt at the edge of the road was a big muddy smear. You weren't going to get any toe prints or anything - it was just a big gouge in the hillside where he was scrambling up.

I tried to brush it off, figuring that he was more scared of me than I was of him (at least that was what I told myself) and I actually tried to fish for a few minutes, but the adrenaline dump I had was making me shake, and I decided maybe I should just GTFO and let him and no doubt his family just have the area to themselves. I made the hike back to the car a lot faster than I did the hike from the car to the stream.

When I got home, I called my cousin and told him about it. I told my wife. We went back out there a couple weeks later and I showed them where I was, where I saw the thing, where it ran up the hill side. At that point I even reached out to a couple well known Bigfoot researchers and told them of my encounters. I wound up speaking to an 'investigator' with one group, but none of the people I talked or reached out to ever actually wanted to be guided to where I'd had those encounters. I think a lot of the more well known groups are full of shit, they're just about the money and little bit of celebrity if they can get on TV, instead of actually bringing to light the truth about these things.

If you talk to the native American people, especially those in the PNW and California - they don't refer to the Sasquatch as an animal - they call them forest people. They consider them just another tribe of people, to be left alone. I don't think they're a great ape, like some suspect, and I do think the native folk are more on track. When you see these things up close, they don't look like apes or gorillas. They look like some divergent ancestor of humans. They kept the body hair and adapted to living in the wilds, without using fire. The crazy speed they have, their ability to jump, and the ability to likewise move quietly through the woods is nothing short of amazing. They're the top of the food chain in their habitats. They could well be the reason some people go missing and nothing of them is ever found, but I think like most animals - they want to be left alone by us.

If the big male that was watching me while I was eating wanted to hurt me, the 9mm on my hip probably wouldn't have done shit other than piss it off, unless I could pull off a head shot maybe. It seemed just curious about me, and what was amazing to me, after the fact, was that it wasn't trying to hide. It wasn't standing behind the trees, it was standing there, on the side of the road in the open, just kind of swaying. Its arms were down, it was just watching me. I think if its intentions were bad (for me) - it would've attacked at the moment I noticed it or before, and I wouldn't be typing this today. That it ran off as soon as I saw him tells me that it wasn't hostile or aggressive.

It can be damn scary when you see one up close though, because of how imposing they are, and the unnatural it seems - we're conditioned by the main stream that they're not real - its Hollywood. The debunkers will say you're just mistaking bears for them. But when you see one of those damn things with your own eyes, up close - so close you can see the individual hairs on its body, the whites of its eyes, there is no mistaking that they are NOT bears, they're not monkeys, or gorillas, or apes. If you shaved the damn things and put them in clothing, you'd think it was a person with some sort of weird genetics.

I've had some other weird things go on up in the mountains in Oregon, but those two incidents described I'll never forget. My cousins will never forget seeing that juvenile squatch.

While they no doubt can pose a danger to us, besides the fear of a protective mama or papa, I never really felt like my life was in danger. Its startling to see them. Probably in the same way that it would be startling to run across some methbilly out in the woods when you're expecting to be alone. Honestly, I think I'd rather run into a family of Sasquatch, than a handful of methbillies, or weird cult members.

The stories you hear and read about people having things thrown at them I think come from territorial, or scared Sasquatches. Either people have invaded their hunting grounds, or their "home" area - or someone stumbled in and was maybe acting in a way the Sasquatch felt threatened.

Of course I think like any intelligent creature, you're bound to have 'bad apples' - mean ones, aggressive ones. Kind of like how we have killers and abusers in our human population. Maybe there are Sasquatch that just like killing or hurting things. Maybe they'd be as happy chowing down on a person as a deer or elk. I don't want to find that out first hand.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So of someone shot a big foot killing it would it be a crime? Like the guy who shot the brown/ polar bear hybrid? Would the government proclaim it’s an endangered species? Or what if according to Indian lore they’re forest people?

What defense would one have shooting one that turned out to be a person pulling a hoax? Would the I was scared for my life/ standing my own ground defense work?

There was a show on the idiot box about some guy exploring for extinct animals like the Tasmanian Tiger. Iirc he proved a few critters on the extinct list still existed.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    @Sasquatch

Like you, I now believe them to be some sort of ancient human.
    The face of the one I saw had very human features, and if I would have shot it, or killed it, I would feel very guilty to this day.
    I believe the Native American description you mentioned. That’s more apt for them I believe.
    I believe you when you say you saw a juvenile, and a huge male. Especially up in Oregon.

Hawk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    So of someone shot a big foot killing it would it be a crime? Like the guy who shot the brown/ polar bear hybrid? Would the government proclaim it’s an endangered species? Or what if according to Indian lore they’re forest people?

What defense would one have shooting one that turned out to be a person pulling a hoax? Would the I was scared for my life/ standing my own ground defense work?

There was a show on the idiot box about some guy exploring for extinct animals like the Tasmanian Tiger. Iirc he proved a few critters on the extinct list still existed.
    Some consider it evidence Washington state officially protects it. I think it was WA. I don’t consider it as such. I think the intention was to entertain the idea of Bigfoot being real and if it was, to protect them from hunting.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    It’s funny, I got my nickname from my friends, not so much because I’m from Iowa, but because of the old Mosin-Nagant rifle I’ve owned for a long time.
    We went to the shooting range one day, and they had all of their tacticool stuff, just blasting away.
    I pulled my Mosin out, loaded her up, and blasted away too. Well, I was considerably louder than their 9mm’s and AR’s, they all look over at me with eyes as big as saucers, and see that long rifle I’m shooting.
    When I get done, I noticed everyone is around me. Some asked about the rifle, and then some asked to shoot it. Then, my friend, Flood, actual last name, saw I hit everything I was shooting at, and said you’re just like that Daniel Day-Lewis character in Last of the Mohicans movie! His nickname was “Long Rifle”, but he knew the Nathaniel Hawthorne books too, and said I was just like Hawkeye! So, his thinking out loud amongst the friends, gave me my nickname that stuck, and they have called me Hawkeye since then.

Hawk

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Some places have actually passed laws to protect these creatures. I don't know if the lawmakers behind it thought they were being funny, or wanted publicity, or they actually knew the truth behind them.

If you get forest service personnel, fish & game personnel, game wardens...anyone who spends a lot of time in the woods to open up candidly, they'll tell you that at least some of the higher ups know they exist.

Remember the Spotted Owl nonsense in the 1990's? I've been told by more than one state Forest Service worker, and I've heard it corroborated on podcasts by others claiming to be forest service or game wardens - that the reason the logging was halted in those areas wasn't about the Spotted Owl, but it was to protect a group of Sasquatch in the effected areas.

Its also speculated the reason the government just doesnt' come and acknowledge them - it would cripple certain industries like logging because the entire damn forests are their domain, and if they get treated as a protected animal species, or as a tribe of nomadic hominid creatures - it becomes a regulatory nightmare - so ultimately there's more money in ignoring them, than there is acknowledging they're real.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sasquatch, you mentioned cult groups. I can confirm. A suspected group was said to be as far down as the south entrance to willamette NF. The two blond males I encountered; I shared that with a long time sweet home resident and he told me to be careful that he’s seen what he believes was devil worshipers.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some consider it evidence Washington state officially protects it. I think it was WA. I don’t consider it as such. I think the intention was to entertain the idea of Bigfoot being real and if it was, to protect them from hunting.
    Or it could very well be marketing ploy to get people to come to the state spending money looking for them! After all Roswell New Mexico is a tourist destination.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Sasquatch, you mentioned cult groups. I can confirm. A suspected group was said to be as far down as the south entrance to willamette NF. The two blond males I encountered; I shared that with a long time sweet home resident and he told me to be careful that he’s seen what he believes was devil worshipers.

Yeah - my friend was up toward Bagby Hotsprings once and ran into cult members blocking a road - they were doing some sort of weird ritual in a circle, and he said as he pulled up, a bunch of people started appearing "out of nowhere" and walking toward his truck. He & a friend, IIRC, were up there scouting for hunting locations. He said they got turned around and sped back down the hill. The CCSO deputies responsible for patrolling up there, he said never go alone.

I've run into weirdos in the Willamette National Forest too. Not a group of them, thankfully, but individuals who just seemed weird as hell and sketched me out.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Back home there were some so called Devil worshipers. They were having their fires and sacrificing animals! The guys I ran with back then were into guns too. We paid them a visit one night stopping their idiotic crap being heavily armed. That was the end of them in all the surrounding counties!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Big thanks to both Hawkeye and Sasquatch for sharing their stories. Sam7sf is right…it does take guts to share these stories because so many folks are ridiculed when they share them.

As I said earlier, I’ve heard hundreds, maybe over a thousand eyewitness accounts on podcasts. My favorite show is Sasquatch Chronicle. If anyone is interested, start around episode 100, as the earlier episodes had some growing pains.

So many guests, after the interview, thank him for letting them tell their story. Some folks hold it in out of fear, some have been ridiculed, others just go into a shell. Many say how these events change their lives, but not usually for the better. Some lifelong hunters have a bad encounter and never go back into the woods.

Im glad you guys are dealing with this so well. I wish you the best. I also encourage you to email Wes. He will not put your discussion on the air without permission.

One last thing….after listening to so many stories, I’ve really seen some repeated things. These stories share characteristics with many many accounts I’ve heard. I believe both of you guys. And again….thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Many years ago in my misspent youth I was leaving a Rush concert. I know right away y’all are thinking, but I did notice the beer bottles wedged under my tires afterwards.!

What I saw was a women pushing a baby carriage and inside it the baby had clovened feet & a tail! The tail was void of hair and acting like a cats tail.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom