Venture Surplus ad

Unexplained incident thread. Ghosts? Bigfoot? Midget Clowns in the woods while hunting? In honor of Ghostober.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonevill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Texas City
    Many years ago I had a cousin who lived in Lakeland Florida. He used to drive down to Tampa (about 30 miles) to enjoy the "night life." One night as he was driving back to Lakeland he came to a train crossing with the arms down. He stopped and watched the train go past and even waved to the flagman on the last car. After he drove off he suddenly realized that he had driven that road numerous times and there was no train crossing on that road. As he was driving slowly along trying to figure what he had seen, he came to a curve in the road and there was an eighteen wheeler broke down that hadn't had time to put markers out. If he had been driving his normal speed there was no way he could have stopped in time.
    Texas SOT

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Many years ago I had a cousin who lived in Lakeland Florida. He used to drive down to Tampa (about 30 miles) to enjoy the "night life." One night as he was driving back to Lakeland he came to a train crossing with the arms down. He stopped and watched the train go past and even waved to the flagman on the last car. After he drove off he suddenly realized that he had driven that road numerous times and there was no train crossing on that road. As he was driving slowly along trying to figure what he had seen, he came to a curve in the road and there was an eighteen wheeler broke down that hadn't had time to put markers out. If he had been driving his normal speed there was no way he could have stopped in time.
    Dang. That's right out of The Twilight Zone!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I worked at a chemical plant in Conroe. They used to have a training building that was made from trailer modules joined together. As such, it was a pretty crappy building. One day one of the guards told me that some people had stopped by to check for ghosts. Of course, they were sent away. The guard said there was something about the place being haunted that was on the internet. That made me curious, so I did some searches and sure enough found a lengthy post about the plant being haunted, especially the training building. The story went that there was a truck that caught on fire and exploded at the security gate next to that building and that the 4 guys killed kept showing up in there. I will admit that when that building was empty it was a little spooky because you could sometimes hear odd noises. I attributed that (and still do) to rats and mice that got in there. (All the buildings had bad problems with rats.)

So when I got back to work I did some checking. We had a guy who had worked there for like 40 years and I asked him about the situation. He had heard about the ghosts because people sometimes turned up at the gate because of the internet stuff. There was an explosion and fire from a propane pipeline that ran past the plant (and wasn't affiliated with it) and there was a truck fire. Nobody was killed by the explosion and the truck fire was literally one tire catching on fire from a bad brake. They put it out with a fire extinguisher. He suspected that some joker in the plant had made up the story and the ghost hunter folks had posted it.

I also worked in a refinery and the guys that worked in the reformer unit would talk about seeing ghosts at night high up in the pipe racks. There were people who begged to get transferred because of that. Eventually we figured out that what they were seeing were small, short burning fires because of hydrogen leaks in the valves. Hydrogen burns with a pale blue flame that is invisible in the daytime, but you can see it at night. Hydrogen can self-ignite if it hits the right mixture with air, so the guys would see these dancing "ghosts" appear and disappear. I got our leak detection technician to add hydrogen valves to his list, and then we fixed the leaks. Not only did the ghosts disappear, but we stopped having electrical problems. For years the operators claimed that lightning must hit the wiring in that area because the wires would get burned. I don't know why they didn't figure out it was hydrogen doing the damage.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Almost all shows, videos online, are bullshit. That doesn’t mean what some witnesses claim are bullshit too. I have been an avid outdoorsman for most of my adult life. I have posted about my experiences elsewhere on the forum but I’ll briefly share again. Again: I have spent a lot of time in remote pnw areas one forest you can be in Tuesday to Thursday and be the only guy for double digit miles. I’m very familiar with wild life and know what’s normal and not. There are unexplained events. I’ll call them events because I’m not going to speculate. Here’s the most chilling experiences:

•Farm in Corvallis, OR. A section of land is the site of pottery found from the kalapuya people. To my knowledge no skeletons found. Just like some shitty movie once that site got disturbed I witnessed some messed up events. Think what you will of me but theirs something out there that was very tall, heat wave like as in you can see the distortion in the air that forms a body. Something is out there that breaks branches and screams bloody murder and has a big stride. Just heard it. Couldn’t see it. Out of all the crap I have encountered this one forced me to realize the world holds secrets. This whole area is really fucked up. The owners had a painting of someone in the family long ago. A very old dress. I witnessed a dress like it; just a dress, no head no hands no legs just the torso area come out of a tree line then vanish. This was close range too. Other areas I have witnessed the grass being pushed down as if someone invisible is walking. Leaves sounding like something is charging me only to turn around and see nothing on the ground had changed. You guys want a real hair raising experience and that farm is legit.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Almost all shows, videos online, are bullshit. That doesn’t mean what some witnesses claim are bullshit too. I have been an avid outdoorsman for most of my adult life. I have posted about my experiences elsewhere on the forum but I’ll briefly share again. Again: I have spent a lot of time in remote pnw areas one forest you can be in Tuesday to Thursday and be the only guy for double digit miles. I’m very familiar with wild life and know what’s normal and not. There are unexplained events. I’ll call them events because I’m not going to speculate. Here’s the most chilling experiences:

•Farm in Corvallis, OR. A section of land is the site of pottery found from the kalapuya people. To my knowledge no skeletons found. Just like some shitty movie once that site got disturbed I witnessed some messed up events. Think what you will of me but theirs something out there that was very tall, heat wave like as in you can see the distortion in the air that forms a body. Something is out there that breaks branches and screams bloody murder and has a big stride. Just heard it. Couldn’t see it. Out of all the crap I have encountered this one forced me to realize the world holds secrets. This whole area is really fucked up. The owners had a painting of someone in the family long ago. A very old dress. I witnessed a dress like it; just a dress, no head no hands no legs just the torso area come out of a tree line then vanish. This was close range too. Other areas I have witnessed the grass being pushed down as if someone invisible is walking. Leaves sounding like something is charging me only to turn around and see nothing on the ground had changed. You guys want a real hair raising experience and that farm is legit.
    The Pacific North West has been historically an area for many years of lots of "sightings" of Bigfoot. I may be mistaken, but I think I recall ti being one of the areas in North America with the most activity, or sightings of Bigfoot.

As you said, there is a LOT of land there that is undeveloped, and very, very remote.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The Pacific North West has been historically an area for many years of lots of "sightings" of Bigfoot. I may be mistaken, but I think I recall ti being one of the areas in North America with the most activity, or sightings of Bigfoot.

As you said, there is a LOT of land there that is undeveloped, and very, very remote.
    In my early 20’s I was plinking with an fal at well over 200 yards. In hindsight it was probably 300 yards now that I know what that’s really like. Down range was not very wide but still wide enough to have to take a lot of steps to go from one tree line to the other. Safe back stop. Safe lane. Out of nowhere this tall all black figure jumps in one stride over a log and from tree line to tree line. Thin but tall and so black I couldn’t see anything else. No clothing. It wasn’t a person. Not even a pro athlete could do what I witnessed.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    In my early 20’s I was plinking with an fal at well over 200 yards. In hindsight it was probably 300 yards now that I know what that’s really like. Down range was not very wide but still wide enough to have to take a lot of steps to go from one tree line to the other. Safe back stop. Safe lane. Out of nowhere this tall all black figure jumps in one stride over a log and from tree line to tree line. Thin but tall and so black I couldn’t see anything else. No clothing. It wasn’t a person. Not even a pro athlete could do what I witnessed.

I’ve become very interested in stories of paranormal creatures like the Sasquatch-Bigfoot. I’ve listened to a LOT of eyewitness accounts.

I’ve heard of these things being normal critter colors, black, brown, red, gray, and white. But I’ve also heard a LOT of separate folks tell that the creature they saw was the blackest thing they’d ever seen, as if it actually sucked the light into their hair.

As far as movements, many witnesses say the thing they saw moved in a very unique manner. It went fast but the movement was effortless, and the term used a lot is “glided”…and described as someone who was walking briskly on a moving walkway, like you see at airports.

And incredible leaps from one tree to another, both off the ground and in the ground, are not uncommon in the sightings.

Your sighting has commonalities with many witness accounts I’ve listened to .

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’ve become very interested in stories of paranormal creatures like the Sasquatch-Bigfoot. I’ve listened to a LOT of eyewitness accounts.

I’ve heard of these things being normal critter colors, black, brown, red, gray, and white. But I’ve also heard a LOT of separate folks tell that the creature they saw was the blackest thing they’d ever seen, as if it actually sucked the light into their hair.

As far as movements, many witnesses say the thing they saw moved in a very unique manner. It went fast but the movement was effortless, and the term used a lot is “glided”…and described as someone who was walking briskly on a moving walkway, like you see at airports.

And incredible leaps from one tree to another, both off the ground and in the ground, are not uncommon in the sightings.

Your sighting has commonalities with many witness accounts I’ve listened to .
    At that distance it had to be tall. Even if sightings of bears get mistaken, bears while standing are choppy and take short steps. This thing had a big open striding jump.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    One of my daughters sleepwalks and will have full conversations that don't make any sense. One night she came wandering in to the bedroom and I woke up to her having a clear conversation. I swear she was talking to my deceased father who she never met.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Here’s an event that happened maybe as young as 18. I want to say southern Oregon. More down to earth but creepy. I’m busting clays with a hunting length 870. Two males, looked early 20’s, both blonde hair and dressed the same, same hair cut, walk up. I didn’t hear a vehicle. I see them stop shooting say hello but they don’t say anything and they don’t even have any expression at all. I shake it off and go back to shooting. They walk off into the woods. Who knows maybe that 870 saved me.

Cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2021
    Midland texas
    Never saw a Bigfoot knew a guy who claims to have seen one on the concho river close to where lake ivy is now. As to Bigfoot actually being out there I don’t know but I kinda like to think that there might just be one out there

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    6 years ago the wife's family is throwing a big party for her grandmother's 90th birthday. We fly to Niagara Falls for the celebration. We end up getting an AirB&B house for the week. On our 3rd morning there, Momma tells me she can't find her comb. This is a large, wide toothed comb she only uses when her hair is wet. We looked everywhere for that thing with no success. I'm sitting on the bed in the Master bedroom we're occupying playing a game on my phone. She undresses in front of the bed, folding/placing her pjs on the corner of the bed opposite me. She does an about face and walks into the bathroom which is directly behind her. The whole time she's in the bathroom/shower I remain in the same spot playing my game. Bout 10 minutes later Momma comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

Momma: "Where did you find it?". Sitting on top of her pjs is the large comb we couldn't find earlier. We go back and forth a couple of times accusing each other of mischief until we realize the other wasn't playing.

A few minutes later her sister who was in one of the upstairs bedroom tells us something moved all her things to the opposite side of the dresser she was using.

The homeowners had similar encounters while they were refurbishing the home.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom