Patriot Mobile

Unexplained incident thread. Ghosts? Bigfoot? Midget Clowns in the woods while hunting? In honor of Ghostober.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I believe I've related this story before on this forum.
    We used to camp a lot when I was growing up, back in the 1970's, usually in the Texas Hill country around Leakey.
    Dad and I were amateur stargazers and would stay up late sitting around the fire and watching for falling stars.

One night we saw what we thought to be an airplane creeping slow and steady across the sky. It wasn't blinking and dad said that maybe it "was one of those new satellites". Then, it stopped. Then, it took off at a 90° angle and raced toward the horizon, stopped again, and a few seconds later took off in yet another direction and was gone in a second!

Dad said, "What the hell was that?!"

To this day, I have no clue what it was.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We used to camp a lot when I was growing up, back in the 1970's, usually in the Texas Hill country around Leakey.
    Dad and I were amateur stargazers and would stay up late sitting around the fire and watching for falling stars.

One night we saw what we thought to be an airplane creeping slow and steady across the sky. It wasn't blinking and dad said that maybe it "was one of those new satellites". Then, it stopped. Then, it took off at a 90° angle and raced toward the horizon, stopped again, and a few seconds later took off in yet another direction and was gone in a second!

Any lost time or wierd Mark's on your body.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    When I was in college, I went with a buddy to his home in LaVaca County. We were out driving the back dirt roads and jumping from bar to bar on a Friday night.

We broke down on a remote dirt road my buddy was using as a shortcut to get from one bar to the next. Somewhere between Vienna and Edna, IIRC. So we started walking and soon passed by a cemetery. No flashlight, but the night was bright enough for us to find our way down the middle of the road and see the cemetery off to the side. Then we heard a woman screaming THE MOST blood curdling screams I've ever heard in my life! We turned around and ran 3/4 of a mile back to the truck, where we spent the night with the windows barely cracked and the doors locked even though it was hot outside. I cursed the beer I drank that night because I had to get out several times to relieve myself and was h
    convinced that whatever was in the woods was going to get us.

The next morning, sleep deprived and hungover we started to walk toward the main highway and walked past the cemetery again. When we passed the cemetery we saw an old house, still occupied, and a yard full of peacocks!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

That is similar to what I saw. Except in the 1990's.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've never seen a squatch and just dont believe they exist even though one is a member here. Before all the cameras sure I get it, but there are too many trail cams out there now to not catch one on camera. That said I do find the story fascinating and while I bought my 45-70 for bear protection for future endeavors a small part of me says its for squatches.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I've never seen a squatch and just dont believe they exist even though one is a member here. Before all the cameras sure I get it, but there are too many trail cams out there now to not catch one on camera. That said I do find the story fascinating and while I bought my 45-70 for bear protection for future endeavors a small part of me says its for squatches.
    I've never seen Bigfoot but would like to believe it really exists. The only reason I don't think it does is because it's never been captured on a game camera, and those things are everywhere these days.
    And just what would y'all call this? Looks like a Bigfoot to me!

tvCps1Yl.jpg

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    When I was in college, I went with a buddy to his home in LaVaca County. We were out driving the back dirt roads and jumping from bar to bar on a Friday night.

We broke down on a remote dirt road my buddy was using as a shortcut to get from one bar to the next. Somewhere between Vienna and Edna, IIRC. So we started walking and soon passed by a cemetery. No flashlight, but the night was bright enough for us to find our way down the middle of the road and see the cemetery off to the side. Then we heard a woman screaming THE MOST blood curdling screams I've ever heard in my life! We turned around and ran 3/4 of a mile back to the truck, where we spent the night with the windows barely cracked and the doors locked even though it was hot outside. I cursed the beer I drank that night because I had to get out several times to relieve myself and was h
    convinced that whatever was in the woods was going to get us.

The next morning, sleep deprived and hungover we started to walk toward the main highway and walked past the cemetery again. When we passed the cemetery we saw an old house, still occupied, and a yard full of peacocks!

So you guys must have stopped at Lazy J for a cold one. How long ago was this?

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    So you guys must have stopped at Lazy J for a cold one. How long ago was this?
    Was the Lazy J the place in Sublime? If so, I remember those boys in there would fight just to fight!

It was in the early '80's.

For a while, there was a little restaurant in Raab Switch - they had the BEST hamburger I've ever eaten in my life.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    In the early 2000's I was working a part-time job delivering the Houston Chronicle in the Flatonia, Moulton, Shiner, and surrounding countryside. I was outside of Moulton making a 12-mile run, turned into the last customer's drive, made my drop, and proceeded to reverse my way out of the drive. My headlights were sweeping over the pasture and damn if there wasn't a big black cat out there, scared me shitless. At that time the Schulenburg PD had been sitting out at night hunting some big black cats that had been jumping game-proof fences and killing goats/sheep and then leaving the kill zone with the prey by jumping the same fence. The activity by Schulenburg PD was not hearsay, my cousin's now-deceased husband was a Schulenburg PD officer and participated in the night hunts.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Was the Lazy J the place in Sublime? If so, I remember those boys in there would fight just to fight!

It was in the early '80's.

For a while, there was a little restaurant in Raab Switch - they had the BEST hamburger I've ever eaten in my life.
    The place in Rabb Switch (the red metal building) was owned by Marvin and Linda Brown. The small place in Sublime was Red's owned by Red Christain I may be spelling that last name wrong. Then a bit farther down was Koehne's Place.

The fighters were probably the Woytek boy's, not to bright, just crazy.

Lazy J was in Vienna, really run down place then, I'd hate to see it now!!!

Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    The place in Rabb Switch (the red metal building) was owned by Marvin and Linda Brown. The small place in Sublime was Red's owned by Red Christain I may be spelling that last name wrong. Then a bit farther down was Koehne's Place.

The fighters were probably the Woytek boy's, not to bright, just crazy.
    Yes, it was a small, red bldg. Great burger!

I think the Lazy J must have been Vienna, and the 530 was outside Edna.
    I distinctly remember being at the 530, playing pool, and seeing girls/women in shorty shorts, barefooted, drinking Boone's Farm out of the bottles while dancing!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Yes, it was a small, red bldg. Great burger!

I think the Lazy J must have been Vienna, and the 530 was outside Edna.
    I distinctly remember being at the 530, playing pool, and seeing girls/women in shorty shorts, barefooted, drinking Boone's Farm out of the bottles while dancing!
    I never made the 530.

There was one in Yoakum, they used to have a "good" crowd. It would get pretty wild.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Red's is no longer open, Marvin passed away, Linda has been going through a bout with cancer, the bar has been converted into apartments. Lazy J is still open.

Top Bottom