• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If one chooses not to, what happens to that one?
    Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's...

Every choice has consequences or do you think signing the Declaration of Independence came without a price for the men that dared ink their own death warrant.
    Or do you think T. J. Jackson did not pay with his life for fighting the Union agreasion?
    Or that R.E. Lee survived the war financially intact?

Choices have costs. You and Havok bitch and moan over the equivalent of a few dollars going to one of the few truly good causes, yet where is your ire over the uncountable wealth our government wastes daily? Hamas is also learning choices have costs, russia has been learning too

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

BigRed

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

Every choice has consequences or do you think signing the Declaration of Independence came without a price for the men that dared ink their own death warrant.
    Or do you think T. J. Jackson did not pay with his life for fighting the Union agreasion?

Choices have costs. You and Havok bitch and moan over the equivalent of a few dollars going to one of the few truly good causes, yet where is your ire over the uncountable wealth our government wastes daily? Hamas is also learning choices have costs, russia has been learning too

You did not answer the question I asked.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

My money going to corrupt government officials in other countries is not a good cause. My money being spent stateside to make things better in our country would be a good cause.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You end up with a gun to your head.
    Like the one russia is holding to Ukraine or the one Hamas uses against Isreal?

I read you'll likely get a sternly worded letter, I don't remember seeing anything about guns to your head...

I dont think you read the link.

Its like you have a script in your head and don't let facts get in the way of your story.
    d1842b86a51657ad68027a40d90f94cb.jpg

BigRed

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Like the one russia is holding to Ukraine or the one Hamas uses against Isreal?

I read you'll likely get a sternly worded letter, I don't remember seeing anything about guns to your head...

I dont think you read the link.

Its like you have a script in your head and don't let facts get in the way of your story.
    d1842b86a51657ad68027a40d90f94cb.jpg

And after the "stern letter", then what?

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    But it's not your money once you give it to the government...

Yeah well, here’s the kicker.

.gov is not sending my money. They are sending our grandchildren’s money buy printing it from nothing and increasing the debt.

I don’t think anyone here has signed off on this yet we all will pay soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It's not your money, even the bible acknowledged that.

that doesn’t mean it’s not my money. You’re just making up excuses to justify the government taking money from people all because you’re so vested in your opinion of the proxy war.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And after the "stern letter", then what?
    It depends.
    Wesley Snipes went to prison.
    IIRC.
    That happens to almost nobody. Drug dealers get tax fraud charges thrown on top of everything else but the penalties are usually served concurrently or plea-bargained away. An occasional high profile case in the news is good for compliance but they are so few they're statistically insignificant. Don't believe me? The IRS Criminal Investigation Division does a press release on every single case that hits the courts. Go to their web site and count how many cases they actually make.

What happens is you get 1 to 4 letters. The last letter tells you that all sorts of awful things can happen. A Federal Tax Lien may be filed although that is no longer routine. If it is filed, you'll have to pay it off before you sell your house. Theoretically, the IRS could show up when your estate goes through probate but that's not going to happen unless your estate is quite large. How the lien interacts with bankruptcy proceedings is another topic and a bit complex.

In practice, if you're a normal wage earner, the IRS runs an automated analysis of what you make and what you owe. This is compared to the amount of your money that the IRS has determined you must be allowed to keep to meet basic living expenses. Unless there's a substantial difference between what you make and what the IRS thinks it costs you to cover basic living expenses, you won't hear anything from the IRS except an annual reminder letter that you owe taxes.

In case I need to be more explicit, that means the IRS considers poor and lower middle class people to be a waste of time to try to collect delinquent taxes from.

Rich folks do what rich folks do about taxes.

And the authority of the IRS to collect delinquent taxes then falls squarely on the middle and upper-middle class.

That's a bunch of generalizations and there are always exceptions but if y'all want to discuss the minuteau, start another thread.

Now, can we get back to talking about Ukraine?

Top Bottom