• Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    For example?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    the good news reporting on Twitter isn’t talking about this? Zelensky is throwing a fit like a spoiled child in response to European countries getting tired of his shit. Despite the pro war crowds trying to gain support for the proxy war by saying that Russia needs to be stopped before they take over all of Europe, Europe still doesn’t seem to share that concern. Hungary has also been vocal about the sanctions harming Europe more than Russia. The chickens are coming home to roost.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    the good news reporting on Twitter isn’t talking about this? Zelensky is throwing a fit like a spoiled child in response to European countries getting tired of his shit. Despite the pro war crowds trying to gain support for the proxy war by saying that Russia needs to be stopped before they take over all of Europe, Europe still doesn’t seem to share that concern. Hungary has also been vocal about the sanctions harming Europe more than Russia. The chickens are coming home to roost.

Hungary has always been the outlier in not supporting Ukraine... thats nothing new and it is creating a rift between Hungary and the rest of the EU.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ck-eu-weapons-aid-for-ukraine-peter-szijjarto

Poland, despite not wanting cheap Ukrainian grain to flood the European market and crash prices has been VERY clear the grain issue will not effect their generous assistance in providing Ukraine military equipment.

You are still speaking in generalities, "Europe is tired of his shit". Well, link an article or two, give some specific examples.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Hungary has always been the outlier in not supporting Ukraine... thats nothing new and it is creating a rift between Hungary and the rest of the EU.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ck-eu-weapons-aid-for-ukraine-peter-szijjarto

Poland, despite not wanting cheap Ukrainian grain to flood the European market and crash prices has been VERY clear the grain issue will not effect their generous assistance in providing Ukraine military equipment.

You are still speaking in generalities, "Europe is tired of his shit". Well, link an article or two, give some specific examples.

Poland is stopping sending military supplies to ukraine. They are only going to be sending what they have already agreed to.

The grain issue also extends beyond just Poland.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Poland is stopping sending military supplies to ukraine. They are only going to be sending what they have already agreed to.

The grain issue also extends beyond just Poland.
    So they haven't stopped providing equipment. They will continue providing aid, other nations are continuing to provide aid.

I have no doubt Poland will keep sending equipment. They are in an economic spat that will pass in a few weeks...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    So they haven't stopped providing equipment. They will continue providing aid, other nations are continuing to provide aid.

I have no doubt Poland will keep sending equipment. They are in an economic spat that will pass in a few weeks...

so you think the polish president and prime minister don’t know what they are talking about? My previous statements we’re correct and pretty straight forward.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    so you think the polish president and prime minister don’t know what they are talking about? My previous statements we’re correct and pretty straight forward.
    Poland has a massive interest in Ukraine pushing the russian invaders out of Ukriane...

The Polish politicians are doing some "look tough" regarding grain imports but I do not think they will actually stop aiding their neighbor.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Poland has a massive interest in Ukraine pushing the russian invaders out of Ukriane...

The Polish politicians are doing some "look tough" regarding grain imports but I do not think they will actually stop aiding their neighbor.

The decision to stop supplying weapons has nothing to do with grain imports.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The decision to stop supplying weapons has nothing to do with grain imports.
    Time will tell and you have yet to provide any support for your opinions.
    My opinion, unsupported by any citation, is that no one in Europe takes any action regarding this war without looking long and hard at grain exim impact.

Grain is a bigger deal than most people realize.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    My opinion, unsupported by any citation, is that no one in Europe takes any action regarding this war without looking long and hard at grain exim impact.

Grain is a bigger deal than most people realize.
    grain might be important to them but that doesn’t mean that every decision made on every topic comes back to grain.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    How much grain does the US get from Ukraine?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I haven’t seen a number for grain alone, just categories that would include grain. but here is some info about trade between us and them. The category that does include grain showed about $67 million for 2022. Neither us or ukraine are major players in the others trade.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I haven’t seen a number for grain alone, just categories that would include grain. but here is some info about trade between us and them. The category that does include grain showed about $67 million for 2022. Neither us or ukraine are major players in the others trade.

The USA imports nearly no grain from Ukraine as we have our own amber waves, but Europe Africa and Asia import a lot.

Poland is a major grain producer and needs to keep prices from dropping any lower or they could be in big economic trouble.

82a4cf57a8da1337865ef147e5ce3d0a.jpg
    24010c1000367b9552813255345340fd.jpg
    54966fab1e381a78f1dce260eaaf1460.jpg
    5f30aa44412b456e9e40a29fefbee4fd.jpg
    f54fbf3b54c06f21eaa614bd1fa70236.jpg
    e6d2ed736ff26894f7c0eb1160e86f03.jpg
    05e164063a402b266122a5951ff13cb5.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    grain might be important to them but that doesn’t mean that every decision made on every topic comes back to grain.
    I said "look long and hard." I didn't say "Grain is determinative."

Ukraine is a major supplier to Egypt, for example. If that grain goes offline, bread prices in Egypt could easily quadruple. What happened the last time bread prices in Egypt doubled? Riots, unrest, and The Arab Spring. Nobody wants that.

Of course, I doubt it can be avoided. Ukraine isn't doing much farming right now and grain shortages in that part of the world seem like a fait accompli. If that happens the fallout will be very, very bad.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    russia starting to develop turbine engines for its T-80 tank and may be starting fresh production runs for the T-80... seems odd to me given it is an outdated tank and the T-90 is current (by russian standards).

The article points out this is partially or likely due to having used up the majority of the spare piston engines... meaning Ukrainian numbers for losses are probably pretty accurate.

This may open up options for sabotage that would prevent production of tanks and prevent to need to fight the tank itself.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The USA imports nearly no grain from Ukraine as we have our own amber waves, but Europe Africa and Asia import a lot.

Poland is a major grain producer and needs to keep prices from dropping any lower or they could be in big economic trouble.

82a4cf57a8da1337865ef147e5ce3d0a.jpg
    24010c1000367b9552813255345340fd.jpg
    54966fab1e381a78f1dce260eaaf1460.jpg
    5f30aa44412b456e9e40a29fefbee4fd.jpg
    f54fbf3b54c06f21eaa614bd1fa70236.jpg
    e6d2ed736ff26894f7c0eb1160e86f03.jpg
    05e164063a402b266122a5951ff13cb5.jpg

I know. I was just answering the question that was asked.

Top Bottom