Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t have any reason to doubt the Azov battalion is a thing. I might not be completely convinced that it is truly a Nazi group, but wouldn’t argue it isn’t either. I find it strange that it is has become the standard by which the other 49 battalions and a Jewish President are judged.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Quick google search gives the impression the AB is actually more like a militia group and not a regular army battalion. But don’t have time to dig deeper in to the structure.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think we got emotional about it and forgot the information of this war is from the same people who brought us news about why people need to get vaccinated from covid.

Or a country who’s government is desperately trying to hold on, or a country run by a despot ex KGB who’s been trying to grab one and power, and isn’t know for honesty on any subject with a powerful state propaganda arm.

Everyone has a motive here. People just have to decide what they feel is most accurate in each case.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Or a country who’s government is desperately trying to hold on, or a country run by a despot ex KGB who’s been trying to grab one and power, and isn’t know for honesty on any subject with a powerful state propaganda arm.

Everyone has a motive here. People just have to decide what they feel is most accurate in each case.
    That’s a fact. I have been saying in many post I don’t sympathize with Putin.

Fact also remains our government and media is as trust worthy as Rosie O’Donnell left unsupervised at an all you can eat buffet

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Plenty of people getting tortured right here in America. Most of it you never hear about, simply because it’s upsetting.

I personally knew an old guy who couldn’t be with his dying wife because of Covid and the stupid ads quarantines. Tell me that ain’t torturous to a couple who had been together longer then many of us alive.

When murder and torture become mainstream enough that no one enforces laws against. I have a list in my head.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think we got emotional about it and forgot the information of this war is from the same people who brought us news about why people need to get vaccinated from covid.
    I find it confusing at this point as to who to define as the "bad" actors in this. We all know Putin and the Russians are bad, but are the Ukrainians just as bad?

Parallel is Stalin and Hitler. Both were bad actors, but we did ally our country with Stalin during WW2. Did the USA ally with Stalin knowingly or without knowledge of how truly evil he really was?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I find it confusing at this point as to who to define as the "bad" actors in this. We all know Putin and the Russians are bad, but are the Ukrainians just as bad?

Parallel is Stalin and Hitler. Both were bad actors, but we did ally our country with Stalin during WW2. Did the USA ally with Stalin knowingly or without knowledge of how truly evil he really was?
    I don’t know. It’s ok to say: “I don’t know what’s going on but I’m noticing lies and don’t believe anyone”.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I don’t know. It’s ok to say: “I don’t know what’s going on but I’m noticing lies and don’t believe anyone”.
    Is this like WW2 all over again? Were American citizens told about Stalin when we allied with Russia, sending them weapons, ammo and supplies?

IF the Ukrainians are no better than the Russians then maybe we should abstain from any involvement, including sending supplies or weapons, in that region and let them sort it out on their own.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The core issue:
    In a country that’s a den of corruption, we overthrew your puppet government and installed a puppet government of our own…one that gives 10% of aid received “to the Big Guy”.

Tell me again why the heck we’re getting involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is this like WW2 all over again? Were American citizens told about Stalin when we allied with Russia, sending them weapons, ammo and supplies?

IF the Ukrainians are no better than the Russians then maybe we should abstain from any involvement, including sending supplies or weapons, in that region and let them sort it out on their own.

I try not to confuse people with their government.

I also prioritize American strength over arguments over who is most corrupt. And factor in reasons behind certain corrupt elements.

Ex: Ukraine sending money to corrupt American positions in order to ensure they receive military aid packages. Corrupt as hell, yes. Do Ukraine manage to hold off the Russian military longer than anyone would have expected, definitely. So will I fault them for playing whatever game was necessary to increase their military strength? No.

The world is a fucked up place. Things aren’t always as black and white and the cliff notes might make it appear.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The core issue:
    In a country that’s a den of corruption, we overthrew your puppet government and installed a puppet government of our own…one that gives 10% of aid received “to the Big Guy”.

Tell me again why the heck we’re getting involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sounds like a "kickback" that more than likely has put millions of dollars in the Biden's pockets!

Plus factor in the extortion committed by VP Biden for his son to be eliminated from being investigated!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I try not to confuse people with their government.

I also prioritize American strength over arguments over who is most corrupt. And factor in reasons behind certain corrupt elements.

Ex: Ukraine sending money to corrupt American positions in order to ensure they receive military aid packages. Corrupt as hell, yes. Do Ukraine manage to hold off the Russian military longer than anyone would have expected, definitely. So will I fault them for playing whatever game was necessary to increase their military strength? No.

The world is a fucked up place. Things aren’t always as black and white and the cliff notes might make it appear.
    I can agree with that assessment. I just think we, the American people are being lied to about what is going on there, to influence support for involvement in Ukraine.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    These statements/observations are very interesting...
    Russia hasn't even rolled out the good soldiers or equipment, aside from some Chechens.

I seriously doubt those are regular-army Russian prisoners as their uniforms lack any insignia or unit patches.

Quick google search gives the impression the AB is actually more like a militia group and not a regular army battalion.

...in light of the fact that the involvement of "irregular" troops is something on the increase. On that subject and the wider consequences of it for Russia, this popped up in my inbox a short while ago. It's got the same lousy sound this guy always seems to put in his videos but the content is worth listening to.

tl;dr - Russia is pulling fighters from other places to go to Ukraine. The fighters they're moving are pretty evil folks who, because they're outside the normal command structure, give Putin some deniability regarding war crimes committed inside Ukraine. Their movement also degrades the ability of Russia to hold on to other places...but that's not the biggest fire they're fighting right now so they're ignoring those problems for the time being.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom