• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    None of which means we should accept Russia's paranoia or desire for conquest.

This was the most important line:

"Our country has been unable to look one move forward to how Russia will react for 30 years now."

So expect it to get much worse. Biden is clueless, and his heart is not in stopping Russia or helping Ukraine anyway, it is in getting back his "10 Points to the Big Man" and his oligarchs.

Originally Putin would have been happy to control Ukraine via occupation or puppet, as long as he got his buffer back. Now it seems he has decided to just make it an unlivable (by modern standards), wasteland. he sure as phuck is not going to put hundreds of billions ofdollars into rebuilding it like US does.

The West teasing Ukrainians with the perception they are going to offer relevant support is as cruel as anything I can think of.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This was the most important line:

"Our country has been unable to look one move forward to how Russia will react for 30 years now."

So expect it to get much worse. Biden is clueless, and his heart is not in stopping Russia or helping Ukraine anyway, it is in getting back his "10 Points to the Big Man" and his oligarchs.

Originally Putin would have been happy to control Ukraine via occupation or puppet, as long as he got his buffer back. Now it seems he has decided to just make it an unlivable (by modern standards), wasteland. he sure as phuck is not going to put hundreds of billions ofdollars into rebuilding it like US does.

The West teasing Ukrainians with the perception they are going to offer relevant support is as cruel as anything I can think of.
    Certainly some truth there.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    How long till American billionaires realize there yachts and homes and bank accounts can be snatched as quickly as the Russians or Canadian truck drivers?

How long till American Middle Class figures this out to?

So much bad shit is happening so fast right now....
    Many billionaires tend to lose touch with reality.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Since ammo being sent to Ukraine was brought up a few pages back…I saw this on Ammoseek today and thought is was a misprint. I realize this has nothing to do with the invasion other than prices on everything going up, but I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

So if anyone actually needs 48,000 rounds of 7.62x39 right now, it is available for the low, low price of $18,720.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Never was a fan of the U.S. getting involved in other countries troubles. Now we're cancelling everything Russia, as if acting like it doesn't exist will make it go away.

Millions of men, women and children were killed in Rwanda for a couple of decades and the U.S. wasn't as outraged as it seems to be about Ukraine.

Is it the fact that it's Russia and not Hutus that are the aggressors? Or is it oil and gas? Something the U.S. has in abundance, if we could get to it.

I would rather Europe and Asia take care of their own problems. It's not like we don't have enough of our own here.

One thing I have noticed, you have to dig deep through the Ukraine news to get to much news of the U.S. And who does that favor?

Because most of AFrica isn't civilized and has a mentality of the stone age. Ukraine is European, this is a European nation, founded by Europeans. I know that makes me sound racist, but I assure you, as a Jew, I'm not some sort of white supremacist, I just understand culture and heritage.

Frankly anything thrown into Africa is lighting your money on fire. We continually prove that. I was there. The entire part of it I saw was a shit hole that only had modernization in the weapons that were sent over there to fight their little tribal wars.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I saw this on Ammoseek today

$USD0.39/rd in a bulk purchase. Hmmm.

The last 7.62x39 barrel I bought for a project gun was purchased specifically to use for blasting out that cheap, 9-cents-a-round Russian or surplus ammo that would, surely, always be available. Heck, I remember when a New Jersey High Power club did a special run of Russian steel-cased .223. They shipped a couple of million Hornady match bullets to Russia and got back loaded ammo that they were able to sell for $0.09 per round. The stuff was sufficiently accurate that there was absolutely no reason for anyone shooting High Power rifle on a 300-yard range to ever bother reloading.

Cheap ammo went away some time back. Everything else cheap is in the process of going away right now.

As I learn more and more about this invasion and the way it's impacting worldwide trade I come to appreciate more and more that most of my life has been lived in a time of unprecedented plenty. I've always been aware of that but I'm appreciating it much more these days.

No matter. Those times are ending. I hope I can adapt.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Because most of AFrica isn't civilized and has a mentality of the stone age. Ukraine is European, this is a European nation, founded by Europeans. I know that makes me sound racist, but I assure you, as a Jew, I'm not some sort of white supremacist, I just understand culture and heritage.

Frankly anything thrown into Africa is lighting your money on fire. We continually prove that. I was there. The entire part of it I saw was a shit hole that only had modernization in the weapons that were sent over there to fight their little tribal wars.
    There are a number of places the U.S. will and won't get involved, and although they may call it "humanity purposes", is it really?
    Certainly I don't like Russia, but I believe China is a greater threat. We have no business picking a fight with Russia over a country that isn't even an ally. This reminds me of Afghanistan (1979) all over again. Are we going to arm our future terrorists again?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I guess they did enough to hold back the Russians far longer than anyone expected, lol.

The long term issue with Russia taking Ukraine is that it will give China more power due to the Neon that is produced in Ukraine, combined with Russia and China’s willingness to work together. China takes Taiwan and Russia takes Ukraine. That means those 2 countries have full control of the ability to make semiconductors and microchips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got that part right !

Both issues are very important. To us.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    There are a number of places the U.S. will and won't get involved, and although they may call it "humanity purposes", is it really?
    Certainly I don't like Russia, but I believe China is a greater threat. We have no business picking a fight with Russia over a country that isn't even an ally. This reminds me of Afghanistan (1979) all over again. Are we going to arm our future terrorists again?

Afghanistan and Iraq were mistakes too that cost trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives. My generation (Millennials) are having a hard time accepting that because a lot of us were maimed or had friends die in those wars that boomers wanted us to get involved in. We should have glassed (nuked) the Hindukush mountain range let the camel jockeys that wanted to declare jihad die of radiation poisoning and moved on with our lives.

Vietnam? total Mistake 70k men died because some politicians didnt want it to be commie, guess what we lost and it became commie anyway.

We need to stop getting involved.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Afghanistan and Iraq were mistakes too that cost trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives. My generation (Millennials) are having a hard time accepting that because a lot of us were maimed or had friends die in those wars that boomers wanted us to get involved in. We should have glassed (nuked) the Hindukush mountain range let the camel jockeys that wanted to declare jihad die of radiation poisoning and moved on with our lives.

Vietnam? total Mistake 70k men died because some politicians didnt want it to be commie, guess what we lost and it became commie anyway.

Agreed, but don't make it a generational argument, that's a bit ideological. I'm a boomer, and I'm certainly am not arguing for involvement. Much of the problems we have in the U.S. today is due to ideology, and I'm sick of it.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Agreed, but don't make it a generational argument, that's a bit ideological. I'm a boomer, and I'm certainly am not arguing for involvement. Much of the problems we have in the U.S. today is due to ideology, and I'm sick of it.

Vietnam and Korea were not Boomers fault. Silent and Greatest generation got us involved in those debacles. We never should have been involved in WW1

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think many don’t realize the cost of what we have.

Yea, life is great in the US. We can bring up things to bitch about, and there are problems. But compared to the rest of the world we are way above average.

We only live this way because we have been constantly involved in how the world works to make sure the USA is calling the shots. We walk away for 10 years and there will be a hefty price to pay.

Like I’ve said several times about Ukraine. It’s not just about what Russia is doing. It’s that combined with what China is doing and the world suddenly becoming dependent on those to communist nations for everything that has allowed us (and every other first world country) to live such plentiful lives.

It won’t matter how many microchip factories are built in the US if Russia controls the supply of materials needed to manufacture them. And I have very little doubt the Russia and China have already discussed future plans to control that market. Good luck competing militarily then, when the enemy controls the resources needed to manufacture all of your high end military equipment.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Careful with the generational arguments. It could lead to someone bringing up the obvious issues millennials have been involved in. There’s a reason it’s so easy to find jokes and memes about them (us).

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

It was not generational, it was economic class. Millennials do not see it as few were in that economic class at the time.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I know quite a few Millennials that are stand up guys....their wives and girlfriends.....not so much....

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’m ready to go now. Anyone know how much they are paying? And I can’t stay too long, work is pretty hectic. Maybe two weeks?
    E6EC231F-FBDC-423E-969A-1B0336709EDD.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom