Not open for further replies.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Words from Putin last night:

“A couple of words for those who would be tempted to intervene. Russia will respond immediately and you will have consequences that you never have had before in your history,”

"As for the military sphere, modern Russia, even after the collapse of the USSR and the loss of a significant part of its nuclear potential, is today one of the most powerful nuclear powers. And moreover, it has certain advantages in a number of the latest types of weapons. In this regard, no one should have any doubt that a direct attack on Russia will lead to defeat and dire consequences for a potential aggressor,”

It doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure out he is talking about nuclear retaliation.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-...tion-demilitarization-denazification-ukraine/

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I wonder if Putin is using Ukraine as a live-fire exercise for the Russian military. It gives their soldiers combat experience without having to deploy too far away, and it tests Russian equipment against all the US and NATO weapons and technology. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those Western weapons and tech end up captured and studied by Russian engineers.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They have stolen enough of our plans that they have weapons equal to ours in many hours. And in a few areas may be ahead.

While it’s true they have stolen from us and does save them some development time, stealing some plans isn’t the same as being able to actually fully replicate it.

Their stealth fighter is a good example of this. From what I’ve seen it is far behind what we have in terms of stealth tech, despite being based on what they’ve stolen from us. Also, the engines are garbage, iirc. An old Russian design.

Edited to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    This is about Neon gas not heating gas. China will take Taiwan next leaving America without semiconductors. Biden has ruined America thanks to the “people” who voted for him.
    14595B60-923F-42FF-A253-AAC6861A9242.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those Western weapons and tech end up captured and studied by Russian engineers.
    I figure they've already bought everything they want to study from Afghanistan.

If only we could have given everything we left in Afghanistan to the Ukrainians... :(

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I was pondering this last night. Its a huge "what if" and maybe wrong but

What if the Ukranians surrender militarily, then begin waging guerilla warfare against the Russians using smuggled weapons. Direct military action - the Ukranians simply don't have the men or the guns to take on Russia and win, if Russia is dead set on taking Ukraine unless NATO (meaning US) intervenes and allows this shit to escalate beyond Ukraine.

Could / would it stave off a greater conflict and larger loss of life and destruction of infrastructure if they go the guerilla route, vs military v military battles? I don't know - I could see it going either way - but I don't think Russia wants to destroy a lot of infrastructure, if they're bent on taking Ukraine and repatriating it into the Russian Federation.

As far as captured American equipment taken from the battlefield, I would suspect that some of the stuff left in Afg has likely already made its way to Russia or Russian engineers for study and reverse engineering of, along with China.

Anyone thinking Russia will be easy to defeat because of our superior tech could be playing a dangerous game of chicken. And Putin has all but said that if we retaliate against Russia, we're going to eat nukes. Biden doesn't have the balls to order a launch, and even if he did, the fucking POS Marxist Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has already pledged to alert China of American aggression, its not a stretch to think he'd call ol' Putin and say hi as well.

I'm not positive that we'd even retaliate if Russia hit us with nukes. The Biden crime syndicate has no love of America, and he and his old boss were doing their best to undermine our national security and economic interests for 8 years, and he's taken that torch back up. Mean tweeting orange man avoided new wars for 4 years, and either other world leaders respected him, or feared he was deranged enough that they weren't pondering direct attacks. Want to bet if there are attack plans being readied by China, Russia, North Korea or even Iran?

We're focusing in on Ukraine right now, Taiwan is going to get snatched up by China any day (and I don't think we're going to defend them) - the middle east still isn't stable, so who is to say that Iran doesn't capitalize on the instability and attention in Europe to make moves, or Syria, or even the left overs of ISIS / Al Queda. Maybe Pakistan makes moves against India.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I wonder if Putin is using Ukraine as a live-fire exercise for the Russian military. It gives their soldiers combat experience without having to deploy too far away, and it tests Russian equipment against all the US and NATO weapons and technology. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those Western weapons and tech end up captured and studied by Russian engineers.

They cut their teeth in Syria recently, what they lack in training they'll make up for in numbers. Also, I think a lot of people grossly underestimate the modern weapons Russia has at this time. They have some very dangerous aircraft like the SU-27 and their air defense systems like the S-300 are not something anyone wants to go up against. They also have hypersonic weapons, although I have some doubts as to how far advanced they've gotten with them. At any rate, a war in this modern arena will be a blood bath for both sides.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    While it’s true they have stolen from us and does save them some development time, stealing some plans isn’t the same as being able to actually fully replicate it….

This is an under appreciated aspect of IP theft. If Russia or China was able to produce a suitable enough counterfeit product, there would be a lot more countries outside their spheres of influence that would be buying a near-similar level product at a discounted price.

Fact is there’s a reason most countries purchase North America, Western European, or Brazilian airliners…those are the only countries most of the world has faith in to deliver a safe and reliable airliner, despite Chinese/Russian attempts to produce essentially a counterfeit. And that’s in spite of Boeing’s fûckups with the Max and 787.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There is just about zero modern US tech in Ukraine right now. And even less US strategy or OOB. Nothing to be learned.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Putin has threatened very clearly nuclear retaliation to any country that helps Ukraine. He has most likely moved submarines within a couple hundred miles of the US coastlines. I seriously doubt the US DOD will reveal any intelligence on this point, but make no mistake, those boats are out there.

I have been tracking for a couple weeks the various websites that allow tracking ships at sea, and most of the Russian navy disappeared long ago. The live fire maneuvers the Russians scheduled just south of Ireland and off the Belgium coast were a smoke screen. Those Russian ships are now poised to attack any time they choose. The Democrats in the House and Senate as well as the President walked into this trap and never saw it coming.

Trump is doing no good for anyone by his comments about Putin, This is a shooting war now. This is only going to be resolved by someone taking a moment and having the balls to shoot back at Putin. He believes he is invulnerable and his scare tactic of threatening with nukes he believes will back any retaliatory action back down. I fear he may be right. The NATO countries and US have no stomach for a nuclear exchange. The Evil Bear has come out of hibernation and is very hungry.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Putin has threatened very clearly nuclear retaliation to any country that helps Ukraine. He has most likely moved submarines within a couple hundred miles of the US coastlines. I seriously doubt the US DOD will reveal any intelligence on this point, but make no mistake, those boats are out there.
    The instant they go to launch depth they will be destroyed.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    People never learn, don’t listen to Trumps words look at his actions. Trumps no longer the President so not sure why anybody would still talk like he is. (We had it good under Trump) Biden is destroying America and the liberals will not care until it’s to late. Imagine America without semiconductors. We will be a 3rd world country. Liberals love big government well I guess they will be happy when we are invaded. Just remember you did this by voting for Biden..

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    The instant they go to launch depth they will be destroyed.

Ha! The ocean is huge and response time isn’t faster than a missile leaving the tube.

Just like the good old days of hunter and hunted submarine tactics, they'll launch their nukes and then be destroyed by an attack submarine. The same will happen to our boats. Both countries and their proxies will get nuked and there will be no winners. I don't think anyone wants this, not even Putin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom