• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    I don't have to pick a side in a conflict. You can consider Ukraine your bestest friends for all I care, that doesn't make them an ally of the U.S.A. Much like Russia after the fall of the USSR, Ukraine was a corrupt nation, and still is. I don't like Russia, but I would have much the same feelings as if Russia invaded Iran. I'm sure there's good and bad people everywhere, but I'm sick and tired of the U.S. feeling as if it's the world police. We need to fix our own problems before we think about fixing othwounds.
    Neutral like Switzerland. I respect that.

I dont mind helping out a country thats being invaded by someone who threatens USA with nukes.

True, there is corruption in every country to some degree.

What US problem do you think should take precedent over the death and destruction we see happening in Ukraine? I live a pretty cushy life, help me understand your struggles as an American.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    The 10 - 20% was what was admitted by their own spokesman, I would think that an underestimate... It really doesn't matter whether those terrorists are strictly 'nazis' anyway... , but whether they are anti-semites, anti-ethnic Russian, and have been terrorizing those ethnic people in Ukraine since even before they helped instigate the Soros and U.S. driven coup in 2014 that ultimately split Ukraine along ethnic lines.

I really think you should look at George Soros' influences in Ukraine since 1990... It's not unlike what he has been doing in the U.S. using Antifa and BLM, all "to promote economic development that advances social and racial justice, sustainability, and democracy".
    2014? So fighting started after corrupt pro russian government was kicked out of Ukraine.

Seems like Russia lost their puppet government control and resorted to violence.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Wasn't me who said they were neo-nazis... that was the U.S. Congress (Republican in 2017). The charge is nothing new, and pretty wide spread, with a substantial amount of support, and even it's own spokeman in 2015 told USA Today that 'only' 10 - 20% of it's members were nazis...

All things considered, I think I'll just leave it to you to prove to yourself that they are not; it won't be easy.
    10%-20% of how many? How many soldiers are AZOV?

Seems like we are talking about a very very small percentage of the total population.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    I don't feel like digging up the exact quote, but the "go die with the other 10,000s that have died for Putin" certainty didn't feel like love and kindness...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    You realize that was in response to you telling me to do the same, right?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You realize that was in response to you telling me to do the same, right?
    "Put your money where your mouth is: Buy a ticket and go fight"

Is a far cry from:

"Go die for Putin" [on the wrong side no less]

I am prepared to accept your apology like the gentleman I am. I'll hold no grudges either way, but I will respect you more on one path than the other.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    The 10 - 20% was what was admitted by their own spokesman, I would think that an underestimate... It really doesn't matter whether those terrorists are strictly 'nazis' anyway... , but whether they are anti-semites, anti-ethnic Russian, and have been terrorizing those ethnic people in Ukraine since even before they helped instigate the Soros and U.S. driven coup in 2014 that ultimately split Ukraine along ethnic lines.

I really think you should look at George Soros' influences in Ukraine since 1990... It's not unlike what he has been doing in the U.S. using Antifa and BLM, all "to promote economic development that advances social and racial justice, sustainability, and democracy".
    Good point with George Soros and the antifa/BLM crap. Using the "THEY'RE NAZIS" excuse destroy buildings and steal property is right out of his playbook.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Neutral like Switzerland. I respect that.

I dont mind helping out a country thats being invaded by someone who threatens USA with nukes.

True, there is corruption in every country to some degree.

What US problem do you think should take precedent over the death and destruction we see happening in Ukraine? I live a pretty cushy life, help me understand your struggles as an American.
    Then you are with those that seem to want endless wars. Death and destruction? Does the U.S. have to intervene everywhere there's death and destruction? Or is it only in places that the U.S. thinks it can exploit? Russia threatened Nukes on the U.S. if the U.S. intervened, and you want to challenge that.

10%-20% of how many? How many soldiers are AZOV?

Seems like we are talking about a very very small percentage of the total population.
    Maybe you should research a bit better. Population and control of the military are two different subjects.

Last edited:

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    "Put your money where your mouth is: Buy a ticket and go fight"

Is a far cry from:

"Go die for Putin" [on the wrong side no less]

I am prepared to accept your apology like the gentleman I am. I'll hold no grudges either way, but I will respect you more on one path than the other.

You are splitting hairs. I was simply more descriptive.

Apology accepted.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Then you are with those that seem to want endless wars. Death and destruction? Does the U.S. have to intervene everywhere there's death and destruction? Or is it only in places that the U.S. thinks it can exploit? Russia threatened Nukes on the U.S. if the U.S. intervened, and you want to challenge that.

Maybe you should research a bit better. Population and control of the military are two different subjects.

Endless wars? Like Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine, probably missed a couple. Putin threatens US with nuclear bombs for giving Ukraine weapons to defend themselves. Putin should nuke himself. Putin is a coward who sends his boys to die so he and his buddies can steal Ukraine resources.

Send me some research papers that shows putin made a good move by invading a country, causing billions in destruction, killing 10,000's of innocent people and creating +5,000,000 refugees.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You are splitting hairs. I was simply more descriptive.

Apology accepted.
    You're just a mouth. No real thoughts, no intent of action no ability to argue. Just a wagging tongue stirring up trouble and wishing death on those who disagree.

"Go die" is not a more descriptive version of "go fight" you are ignorant or a liar to state as much.

Go fight Ian, go fight for what is right and come home safe. That is the more descriptive version of what I said.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Endless wars? Like Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine, probably missed a couple. Putin threatens US with nuclear bombs for giving Ukraine weapons to defend themselves. Putin should nuke himself. Putin is a coward who sends his boys to die so he and his buddies can steal Ukraine resources.

Send me some research papers that shows putin made a good move by invading a country, causing billions in destruction, killing 10,000's of innocent people and creating +5,000,000 refugees.
    Endless wars as in that the U.S. finds itself involved in, you seem to advocate for them. Research as in how much the AZOV have infiltrated the Ukrainian military. There were only 445,000 Nazis in Germany in the year leading up to Hitler becoming chancellor of Germany. A small portion of the 65 million population at that time.

Reactions: gll

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Endless wars as in that the U.S. finds itself involved in, you seem to advocate for them. Research as in how much the AZOV have infiltrated the Ukrainian military. There were only 445,000 Nazis in Germany in the year leading up to Hitler becoming chancellor of Germany. A small portion of the 65 million population at that time.
    A small percentage, but absolutely not a small number. There is a difference. More than adequate to do the damage.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    A small percentage, but absolutely not a small number. There is a difference. More than adequate to do the damage.
    How small a percentage does it have to be where it's considered insignificant? They run the National Guard of Ukraine.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

IF the US were to put boots on the ground it would be for the same reason, resources.

I’m not bashing that. I actually wish we would have made a strong military statement by destroying every Russian vehicle that crossed the border at the very beginning, because Ukraine has resources that the US needs access to.

At this point, it would lead to far to many US deaths though. We showed weakness and waited to long.

As for Putin, he didn’t have the resources to win a campaign of peaceful or monetary persuasion so he fell back to what has been used historically to gain control. And while rockets hitting cities is terrible, it’s also expected when those cities are occupied by the enemy military force.

And no, I don’t support Putin. I’m just being realistic about war and what happens when a nation doesn’t have the standing, tech, intelligence gathering ability, or other resources to rely on precision strikes. We bombed countless cities in WW2, and caused many civilian casualties in every conflict since then. War is hell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom