• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I think the talking heads pushing the “Putin will be taken out by his own people” narrative is also overblown. I think there is very little chance of that.
    If this drags on for six or eight months more and the Russian economy tanks, I would not be surprised if he has a heart attack or succumbs to lead poisoning.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If this drags on for six or eight months more and the Russian economy tanks, I would not be surprised if he has a heart attack or succumbs to lead poisoning.
    Even if he does, that probably only means a real hard-liner takes over. The Russians aren't going to surrender.

The Russian economy is far less dependent on world trade than America's, and China (where we get all our shit) is right next door...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Even if he does, that probably only means a real hard-liner takes over. The Russians aren't going to surrender.

The Russian economy is far less dependent on world trade than America's, and China (where we get all our shit) is right next door...
    Actually, not far less. They are extremely reliant on oil & gas exports.

As to who would take over, the next one would likely drop the failed invasion and blame Putin. They would not want to repeat his mistake.

Who can predict if they would be more hard line? I doubt anyone knows enough about the inner circle to make that prediction.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As to who would take over, the next one would likely drop the failed invasion and blame Putin.
    I like the way you're thinking, there. :)

They are extremely reliant on oil & gas exports.
    So true. And re: oil, the situation got a lot worse for them a few days ago. To wit:

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I was thinking about possible regime change two weeks in to this mess when Russia saw this cluster was not going to be a cakewalk and realized they were going to have their ass handed to them on multiple platters.

The Ukraine invasion has some real parallels with Russia’s wonderful tour of Afghanistan and the changes it helped to bring about in the USSR. Unfortunately we don’t have a Thatcher, pope (not discussing religion), Reagan, and/or Walesa this time around, so who knows what will happen?

It will be interesting, but not necessarily in a good way, to see if Putin starts offing generals and politicians ala Stalin, or will politicians and generals or a popular uprising get to him first in order to make some kid of positive change that pulls them back from being walled off from the rest of the world for a very long time.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    You're just a mouth. No real thoughts, no intent of action no ability to argue. Just a wagging tongue stirring up trouble and wishing death on those who disagree.

"Go die" is not a more descriptive version of "go fight" you are ignorant or a liar to state as much.

Go fight Ian, go fight for what is right and come home safe. That is the more descriptive version of what I said.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    While I'd love to trade personal insults with you, I'm not allowed to.

You can lie all you want about what you meant. Nobody believes it.

Sent from your mom's house using TGT technology

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    While I'd love to trade personal insults with you, I'm not allowed to.

You can lie all you want about what you meant. Nobody believes it.

Sent from your mom's house using TGT technology
    I do.
    Cycleguy is a great contributor to this thread and forum. I like his comments and he is no communist/Russian sympathizer.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The situation in Ukraine must be getting desperate !

The White House just sent their ultimate weapon, "Dr. Jill," and the Canucks sent Baby Justin Trudeau !

I hope Baby Justin remembers to glue his false eyebrows on better this time !

WTF ?

leVieux

p.s. "CycleGuy" is one of my favorites here !

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    DB88D1FE-E7D4-451B-900C-5400549A69EA.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom