Capitol Armory ad

Trespassing POS MF'R (I'm trying to be nice) Let's Catch This Bastard!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Please don't take this the wrong way but **** you. You have my phone number. If at any time you decided you just needed to know you could have just picked up the phone. Others do.

Don't be an internet asshole.

CIgZqd4.gif

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Okay. Damn you guys are impatient.

Update Part One:

I apologize to everyone here that I am not posting the promised mugshot of Brent Whitsell.

It was my choice whether to make that happen or not and I chose for it not to happen.

The guy messed up and he got caught and busted.

He's a 58 year old asshole who, because he's an asshole (because I'm an asshole) lost his job and is now famous on the internet for being a piece of shit asshole.

You guys saw this thread and jumped on board but what most of you didn't see was the Facebook post.

It was epic to say the least.

The same information that was in this thread was in the FB post plus a whole lot more because of the local community aspect that FB brings.

Within hours the FB post was shared thousands of times all over the U.S. and further and was spreading by the minute. I was trying to sleep and my phone was alerting every 2 seconds getting messages of support from Great Britain, Germany and Australia and those were spreading as well.

It was my first experience with an internet post I made going "viral".

It freaked me out.

I pulled the FB post right before I called Scott and asked him to pull this thread.

And some of you (assholes) gave me flak for doing it but I did what I felt was right.

The fact of the matter is that I while I was mad I never intended to destroy the man's life. I was pissed and very much so and I wanted to send a message but it didn't cross my mind at the time that my actions while feeling helpless to do anything about the situation with my wife and daughter involved and being stuck in west Texas and being angry at the whole situation could have such an huge impact on a whole lot of things.

The guy actually called me. I don't know exactly how he got my number but I'm not hard to find. He of course pled innocence, insisted he would never ever be disrespectful to a woman, said he never shot a thing on my land and would never do anything like that. He told me that he'd been out drinking and hunting with his "disabled" son (explaining the over limit and attempting to play the sympathy card) on "Brown's" land and was driving home passing my place when he thought "hey, I should turn around and go back and thank 'Brown' for letting me hunt on his place." But "There's no reason why I should take this cooler full of birds or my disabled son back with me being as drunk as I am so i'll just cross this fence, walk across this field, hide my cooler full of birds under some brush, do something with this disabled son and go back and thank Brown for so graciously allowing me to hunt on his place".

Dude told me he knew he was up shit creek when he got to work the next morning and everything anyone was talking about was this Facebook post and this mystery asshole who apparently works among them,

About the same time he was coming to this realization a buddy of mine was taking pics of his truck and license plate in the parking lot.

I've lived in the area my entire life excluding my time in the military. I know everyone and there is no "Brown" landowner anywhere near my place.

I was having lunch with Mr. Vaquero and friends and taking a break from, ironically in an odd form of the word, dove hunting when the Game Warden called me to give me an update (he'd been doing his obligatory tour of duty on the border).

I told the Game Warden to prepare himself for a pretty epic tale but didn't give him any details.

Game Warden told me he was perfectly fine with cuffing and stuffing the guy but at that point the Internet had slayed the guy, he'd lost his job with the power company at 58 years old... I asked the Warden what our other options were. He said he could fine the shit out of him and by that point I was less mad and fine with that.

Game Warden wrote him five tickets for waste of game and told him if he tries to fight any one of them he had nine more tickets ready to go.

We are humans. We do things in anger and we feel frustrated and we react the best way we know how.

Sometimes we go too far, at least I do.

I got my point across, and it got me thinking....

Stay tuned for Update Part Two.

It gets better.
    Very understandable. It sounds like the guy has paid dearly for what he did even without jail time.

Thanks for the update. I hope time allows you to visit more.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Please don't take this the wrong way but **** you. You have my phone number. If at any time you decided you just needed to know you could have just picked up the phone. Others do.

Don't be an internet asshole.

Man, you KNOW I'm a delicate flower and wither in harsh conditions :roflfunny:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Thanks for the update.
    People never want to accept responsibility for their actions, & only feel sorry when they get caught.

He stepped into the shit, now he's got to wipe it off, YOU didn't do anything to this guy, it's all on him!

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Thanks for the update.
    People never want to accept responsibility for their actions, & only feel sorry when they get caught.

He stepped into the shit, now he's got to wipe it off, YOU didn't do anything to this guy, it's all on him!

I 2nd that CAM.............it shows what kind of a "MAN" this feller is, just the fact that he would try and use his disabled son as a crutch......not too good.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I 2nd that CAM.............it shows what kind of a "MAN" this feller is, just the fact that he would try and use his disabled son as a crutch......not too good.

Hell, he showed what kind of man he was by trespassing in the first place.

That said, and after causing the dude some misery, and his job, and wanting to believe in basic human goodness, and after all is said an done, TXARGUY sounds like the kind of man who might want to hire him so his family wouldn't suffer.

Well, that could be the story line in the TV show... ;)

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Interesting. While I don't know TXARGUY much at all (exchanged AR stocks at CTD many months ago if he even remembers), his post has hopefully caused reflection on something like this.

Actions create results, which create more actions, and more results. And those results can create unintended consequences. As so many of us pride ourselves on standing for what is right, all too often we fall into mob mentality and become convoluted with hate and anger... Just like those who oppose our freedoms.

With that being said, I can't say I would have reacted differently to start on what "forum" facts are provided, but IIRC, your family was threatened, and what ever the other guy is going through is based of HIS actions. I have no sympathy for him based off of his actions, but do respect your decisions and the fact you're sympathetic while others would have taken the chance to throw him in jail or worse (very possibly myself included, who knows).

A great man isn't one who is free of mistakes, but one who reverses course when ones are made and doesn't make them again. Great men aren't easy to find.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Interesting. While I don't know TXARGUY much at all (exchanged AR stocks at CTD many months ago if he even remembers), his post has hopefully caused reflection on something like this.

Actions create results, which create more actions, and more results. And those results can create unintended consequences. As so many of us pride ourselves on standing for what is right, all too often we fall into mob mentality and become convoluted with hate and anger... Just like those who oppose our freedoms.

With that being said, I can't say I would have reacted differently to start on what "forum" facts are provided, but IIRC, your family was threatened, and what ever the other guy is going through is based of HIS actions. I have no sympathy for him based off of his actions, but do respect your decisions and the fact you're sympathetic while others would have taken the chance to throw him in jail or worse (very possibly myself included, who knows).

A great man isn't one who is free of mistakes, but one who reverses course when ones are made and doesn't make them again. Great men aren't easy to find.

TXARGUY didn't make a mistake. Just as you point out, human nature will take over in a stressful situation. His was a natural reaction to the TRESPASSERS mistake. It is the law's duty to punish this man with jail time or not. Just because this man's employer discovered what kind of man he was, it is not the fault of TXARGUY , or some convoluted mob mentality situation thing, that this man lost his livelihood....it is squarely on the shoulders of the trespasser.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    He's a 58 year old asshole who, because he's an asshole (because I'm an asshole) lost his job and is now famous on the internet for being a piece of shit asshole.
    Well, considering he called you and offered nothing but excuses, a bullshit story, and no apology for your family then I think he deserved everything he got. If he can't own up to what he did and show a little remorse then screw him.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    TXARGUY didn't make a mistake. Just as you point out, human nature will take over in a stressful situation. His was a natural reaction to the TRESPASSERS mistake. It is the law's duty to punish this man with jail time or not. Just because this man's employer discovered what kind of man he was, it is not the fault of TXARGUY , or some convoluted mob mentality situation thing, that this man lost his livelihood....it is squarely on the shoulders of the trespasser.

I think you misunderstood. That is what I meant, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. It was the action of the trespasser that started the chain, not TXARGUY. And the mob mentality, I was referring to the people posting. It was US as posters who should reflect, not TXARGUY. He made a decision of a higher road while others were looking for blood without knowing the facts... Similar to other news stories on the media, hm?

The guy got what was deserved as far as I'm concerned, but guilt still may linger.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I think you misunderstood. That is what I meant, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. It was the action of the trespasser that started the chain, not TXARGUY. And the mob mentality, I was referring to the people posting. It was US as posters who should reflect, not TXARGUY. He made a decision of a higher road while others were looking for blood without knowing the facts... Similar to other news stories on the media, hm?

The guy got what was deserved as far as I'm concerned, but guilt still may linger.

Ah, gotchya.....well perhaps the mob does jump the gun a little. That's what the justice system is for though

Top Bottom