• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I think we have a troll in the house. Nobody is this pussy whipped. If per chance it is legit, you need to either grow a pair and get out or use this as a best case forecast for the rest of your life.
    Gun Zone Deals

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You give your girlfriend your card?

lone-star-card1.jpg

sorry, I had to do that.:roflfunny:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    .... So my girlfriend notices his hat and says "my boyfriend gets Larue boxes all the time." To which then he proceeds to rattle off the price of their rifles. She knows I've been looking into one. So she asks him what about Noveske? He tells her how much those go for, which she claims he told her 5 grand. So of course she has to set him up to really kick me in the balls.... She asks him how much are "those Wilson ones"....

Look on the bright side. At least she knows what LaRue, Noveske, and Wilson are. I don't hide my gun purchases from my Wife, but she wouldn't have a clue as to what brands I own. Just not interested enough to care. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's not.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I told my wife if she didnt like what I spend my money on the next one will. This has worked for 23 years. My paycheck goes in the family account to pay bills, and any extra money I make is for me. I learned
    this from my parents who have been married for over 40 years, and they have whats called "go to hell money" if you dont like what I buy with this money you can go to hell. It really works!

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    I wear a LaRue hat to work almost every day, and though it has started more than one discussion, I know that it was not me. Not only do I stay the hell away from most places where shorts and sandals (or bare feet) are not accepted as regular work attire, I also NEVER talk gun related expenses with females who are not also wearing LaRue hats.

It was certainly not I that gave you up, Tejano Scott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    You are an idiot.

He's not an idiot. He's right. I said as much in Post 21.

It seems as if you wanted this thread to remain lighthearted, and at about a high-school maturity level. That's fine. A couple of us saw some major red flags and pointed them out. We were trying to help. It's Internet advice. Feel free to not take it (but bookmark this thread).

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    No, he's an idiot because he called me a troll (which I never understood why) and pussy whipped (which is so laughable I barely know where to start). I'm fine with you and others trying to turn this into something its not. Call it "high-school maturity", it was mainly a joke between my gf and I that I thought some of you would enjoy. As you can tell, there must be a lot of guys in this thread with red flag women. Or maybe they can just recognize a joke. You're 100% right about internet advice.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    TS - I'm trackin bud. Lol

Some people just take life too serious and don't know a little friendly griping when they see it. Just take her out somewhere nice and let her think you're doing it to make up rather than you just want some good eatin. :D

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    My thoughts on women's purses is this: Tell your lady to go out and get a real, classic, mid-size Chanel bag. It'll cost well over $1K, maybe $3K. When it comes home, look it over. You'll find workmanship as good as any custom holster but a lot more complex and using a lot more leather. It'll wear like iron and she'll still be proudly using it in 20 years. Well worth the money.

A closet full of $50-$200 purses that never get used is an irritating waste of money.

THat is until she loses it! Like OMG I like totally left my $3k purse in the bathroom at Walmart. Oh well, what's happening on Facebook?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    THat is until she loses it! Like OMG I like totally left my $3k purse in the bathroom at Walmart. Oh well, what's happening on Facebook?
    I can be imagine that happening if somebody's married to a teenager...or an adult with the brain of a teen. We're smarter than that around here, aren't we?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    A couple of us saw some major red flags ...

...he called me...pussy whipped...
    Having observed the subject couple at close range in more situations and for longer than most of the commenters on this thread (I think), my opinion is that any red flags cannot accurately be characterized as "major" nor is the male component in any way "whipped".

BTW - I tend to go all formal with the language when I'm rendering judgment. Spent too many years dealing with lawyers, I guess. :)

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Opening up your personal life on a gun forum is tricky. Not faulting anyone for doing so, but it is by nature, personal from the get go.

How couples, married or not (that is a whole different conversation), handle their money varies pretty greatly and different things work for different people.

I appreciate TS's honesty in sharing part of his personal life, whether I would make the same relationship or financial decisions or not.

Top Bottom