• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yo TS tru the guy should have kept his mouth shut. But maybe just maybe he got ambushed,
    By the question, or maybe he wanted to look smarter than he was. But imho as long as your
    Hobby doesn't affect your bills lifestyle, no harm no foul.
    Rainbow possibly she will become more involved, and come to understand that your get what you pay for.
    Just like you can't see the value of a 2k purse, or farragamo shoes. But as I get older i find out that that the heart wants what it wants

More likely he was bragging to a girl he just met....
    Hurley's Gold

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    This guy is whipped!

YMT2dB7-1_zpsde378c96.jpg

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Yeah, we might.

I just don't think we should assume a woman is going to leave a $3K purse somewhere. Most are more careful. All people are capable of slipping up, yes, but that shouldn't stop us from buying quality goods.

Several years ago my wife left her $1,000 wallet on her rear bumper after loading groceries into the bed of her truck. Luckily we're in a small town. As we were on the phone cancelling credit cards the store called saying someone had turned her wallet in (with everything still in it).

So this can work both ways right? If the BF asks, y'all will back me when I tell him the Kimber is only worth $300. Right?????

Actually, I find it interesting that you're dating someone who wouldn't know. I guess you're dating him just for his looks.

No. We will tell him it is worth a lot more. We will tell him you only paid $300. That it makes you look like a great shopper.

That actually doesn't work. You think it makes you look like a great shopper. All we really think is, well she's out spending money again. I'm sure you can get whatever it is for that price any time. They just fooled her by sticking a for sale tag on it.

Of course the flip side is, we're too lazy to actually verify if you got a good deal, so as long as you stick to your story, we don't have the interest level to argue.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If she is wanting something expensive now, then buy her a gun. That's what I do... I tell her I don't know a thing about jewelry (which is true) so here's a pretty gun instead. Then I get to shoot it later ;)

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    All of your stories are long and uninteresting. And everyone you know cusses you.

Sweeeet! I got 2 to 1 joke to post ratio. thanks for the setup Robert. All of a sudden, I'm feeling better about myself and this thread.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If she is wanting something expensive now, then buy her a gun. That's what I do... I tell her I don't know a thing about jewelry (which is true) so here's a pretty gun instead. Then I get to shoot it later ;)

Engagement rifle?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I'm sorry Robert.... I'm a passive aggressive asshole. I didn't want to be the only person clowned in my own thread. Plus I needed the +500 interwebz!!! Thanks Cam.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Yeah, we might.

I once recovered the Commission and firearm of the State Department Chief of Diplomatic Security in a city that shall not be named. He had left it in a fanny pack that he had taken off in a restaurant.

Enough of a brain fart can get you killed. I just don't think we should assume a woman is going to leave a $3K purse somewhere. Most are more careful. All people are capable of slipping up, yes, but that shouldn't stop us from buying quality goods.

I'll lend you my wife just for this exercise and see if your opinion changes - lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom