• ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    You don't know how hard I had trained her not to think my gun hobby was THAT expensive. This guy should have kept his mouth shut!!! RANT CONTINUES@!#$@!

You're first mistake was not making her believe that all your different guns were the same gun :).

When being honest about the high expense of quality firearms, it helps to frame it as guns are not a hobby but necessary tools for the defense of one's self, family, home, and country. They are investments as well for when things go south or because they retain value well and sometimes increase in value. She wouldn't bat an eye at you making payments on a 50,000 dollar truck which will lose most of its value in 15-20 years.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I used to preach about this very thing...until I realized that our members just don't "get it."

My last lady friend and I still get along great but I keep her and every other woman at arms length. I have female friends but the "sweetheart" part is over!

There is a cost and reward to everything a man does. Having a woman in my life cost something and I became unwilling to pay that price. I answer to no one, explain to no one and if any of them think otherwise, they can take a hike.

Once those rules are established, we get along fine and have a good time together. If the drama starts, they clear the door on their way out before it slams.

Bonnie was over here today. We had a nice visit, played with the dogs, caught up on recent events and then she left. She'll be over for Christmas eve, we'll cook dinner together, then she's on her way.

She needed a new phone last month, so I helped her get it. That's Christmas. ..........PERFECT!

My life centers around home, hobbies, Harley and two Toy Fox Terriers, Jake and Mike who give unconditional love in abundance! There are no women around here to mess things up. The whole house is a "Man Cave" and there's not a flower or frilly thing anywhere!

If I change my mind about female companionship, I can always rent a couple of them......snicker.

Flash

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Its not my fault you want to sell your soul away so easily. Not this guy!!!!

yeah, it sounds like your plan is working well so far.:rolleyes:
    my wife of over 20 years is awesome about my guns. She used to be indifferent but when I showed her the values of the guns that I had purchased, especially the ones year ago that had gone up, she sees the collection as a valuable asset. When I get some extra $$ coming in, she ask me if I had been eyeing anything new. She was happy when I bought a new Beretta last week and didn't even bat an eye when the first thing I did was buy a set of $60 Hogue grips for it.

I don't have to explain myself of hide anything from her.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    It's not that I have to hide. It's being cold busted for acting like the stuff I have is way less expensive than it is. She hears all these crazy numbers, all of a sudden it's about what all I need to buy her. It's all in good fun, I'm in no danger in my relationship or anything. She's having a lot of fun with it. Some of y'all are losing site of the issue here. This douchebag violated international guy code by clearly providing my girlfriend with info to bust me. As soon as she started asking about the value of Noveske and Wilson, he should have laid off. Bros before Ho's.... I'll never be the expert witness for the Prosecution if you catch my drift. If the glove don't fit, you must acquit and the gun didn't cost more than a few hundred dollars. Deny deny deny.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I tell my wife all the time that none of the KIDD rifles, M1As, Sigs and Tavors I buy are more than two or three hundred a pop. Then I forget that she has access to the damn bank statements and I'm shit out of luck. Banks should honor the bros before ho's creedo. Don't give da women access to da money trail! Every time our ladies log in they should immediately be routed to a fake statement with tons of money in savings. If the banks did that I wouldn't be forced to buy her a new gun every time I buy one.

Aceholes.

I feel your pain bro.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It's not that I have to hide. It's being cold busted for acting like the stuff I have is way less expensive than it is. She hears all these crazy numbers, all of a sudden it's about what all I need to buy her. It's all in good fun, I'm in no danger in my relationship or anything. She's having a lot of fun with it. Some of y'all are losing site of the issue here. This douchebag violated international guy code by clearly providing my girlfriend with info to bust me. As soon as she started asking about the value of Noveske and Wilson, he should have laid off. Bros before Ho's.... I'll never be the expert witness for the Prosecution if you catch my drift. If the glove don't fit, you must acquit and the gun didn't cost more than a few hundred dollars. Deny deny deny.
    Yeah, but this can backfire too.

I am completely honest with my wife about the guns I buy. I am completely honest with her about everything though. I have nothing to hide.

I am always reminded of the poor widow selling off her late husband's Colt SAA collection for $300 a piece because that is what he told her he paid for them.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I cannot hide from my wife's oversight. After my traumatic brain injury a few years ago (yeah, y'all know I ain't right anyway), wife took over the books. Fortunately, I get some unexpected perks from work - which funnel straight to gun funds.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I added up what I had invested in my guns. I was shocked, she just laughed.

Nothin like a good marriage to a gun loving gal.

That said, everyone finds their own way and I read TSs post more as she is givin him grief in a fun way. Not reading the major strife that some seem to be. Internet leaves a lot to interpretation.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    She is definitely having way too much fun at my expense. For example, she gets my card for groceries yesterday she called me and tells me she is looking at some diamond earrings and "good news they're not even half of a larue rifle because they're on sale."

Top Bottom