Hurley's Gold

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I am opposed to HB 1927.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a conservative Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.

One reason is the poor.

The average cost of a class is $100, add the $35 for the LTC, ($5 reduction for being indigent) and the. $10.69 for the cost of fingerprints and that becomes way to expensive.

Another reason is this.... NOT everyone needs another class. The LTC class didn’t teach me anything I didn’t already know because my dad and grandfather taught it all to me when I was 10-12. The only thing they didn’t teach was the law. I learned that on my own from reading online and keeping up with gun laws around the state.

I also teach, as I am an an NRA instructor and Illinois LTC instructor and soon to be Texas LTC instructor. 95% of my students basically already know the stuff taught in class, and have shot a handgun before. The only thing they lack isthe legal knowledge of firearm laws.

While I agree that their Are people who shouldn’t carry a gun. The process doesn’t really weed them out. They will and do still carry a gun. They can legally do so today in their home, in their vehicle, and if they own their business, in their business. They can also openly carry a long arm down the street in Texas without a license as well. Which can be a rifle, a shotgun, a firearm (Such as the shockwave), a Short barreled rifle or even a short barreled shotgun. So I guess your not ok with people doing that either?

No firearm training is required to go hunting either, or even get a hunting license. Hunters can use long guns, and handguns all without any training to obtain the hunting license. No other license is required to hunt. Some animals, on your own property don’t even require a hunting license either.

one gentleman and his wife I taught had been carrying a gun for over 30 YEARS. (In the state of Illinois no less.) And have never been caught. They decided to get a LTC because of Biden and because it makes it easier to buy firearms.

second is, unless you were given a gun, or inherited a gun, you already went through a background check once to buy the gun. How many background checks does one really need to prove themselves?

Also, you don’t give much credit to the human race. Most responsible adults who actually need training will get training. In Texarkana Arkansas, I teach a NRA Basic Pistol course to those who Constitutional Carry in Arkansas. They don’t have to take the class, but they do. I am booked up there for the next 3 months. So like I said, responsible adults who NEED he training will take still get it.

The difference between a car and a gun is that a car is a privilege and a gun is a right.

In the Next Legislative session, Lifetime LTC’s will become available. How will you feel about that?
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Some of you seem to not be able to see the forests for the trees. can you not foresee ANY reason that you would rather not have just anybody open-carry a sidearm down your sidewalk or street when your children are outside playing???

Absolutely - and we already have laws on the books to preclude that. How about we simply enforce the 20,000+ laws already on the books, and allow the rest of the citizens to exercise THEIR rights?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    They can also do it today without a LTC if they are carrying a long gun, even if the long gun is a short long gun.
    Exactly, so what's the big deal about this bill anyway?

Eta - that is to say it hasn't gone full western with unregulated long gone carry, since forever, and not with chls for decades and not with ltc for years, there is no reason to think cc now will be any different.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I promised to vote for anybody including a dimocrap before ever voting for Dan Patrick for any office.
    I have no respect left for these power hungry RINO's

Reactions: gll

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I missed it again. I saw the troll account post just before it evaporated into the either so I'm assuming it was self inflicted?

e966a7da1dae221568caf3051ffba9f7.jpg

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I am opposed to HB 1927.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a conservative Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.
    Be careful up on that high horse ”sir.” Apparently you didn't pay much attention to that document (and it’s ideals) you swore to protect and defend.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    actually, the word is "ether"... or less commonly aether, a medium that in the wave theory of light permeates all space and transmits transverse waves. SORRY!!! I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.. DoolaDawg is alive and well, and still standing proud on the mountain top. Good Day and God Bless Sir.
    View attachment 253566
    [/QUOTE]

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    "The Texas State Senate is doing what political elites always do, creating commissions to decide if we commoners should have Constitutional Carry, or any constitutional rights at all." From RPT. So more STALL on the bill. Typical Texas politics. LBJ must still be alive and well in Austin.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    actually, the word is "ether"... or less commonly aether, a medium that in the wave theory of light permeates all space and transmits transverse waves. SORRY!!! I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.. DoolaDawg is alive and well, and still standing proud on the mountain top. Good Day and God Bless Sir.
    View attachment 253566
    [/QUOTE]
    This wont end well. Trolls always get crushed by the bridge they live under.

Top Bottom