ARJ Defense ad

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    I know I will not be popular saying this but not everyone has any business carrying a gun.

I can’t tell you how many people I meet that have no business having children, or driving a car or casting ballot for changing societies laws. Yet our country grants these rights to all citizens. Luckily, most of us educate ourselves and become responsible. To not grant a right that our founding fathers held sacred for the protection of people from the possibility of a tyrannical government is criminal.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I can’t tell you how many people I meet that have no business having children, or driving a car or casting ballot for changing societies laws. Yet our country grants these rights to all citizens. Luckily, most of us educate ourselves and become responsible. To not grant a right that our founding fathers held sacred for the protection of people from the possibility of a tyrannical government is criminal.
    And we are dealing with a tyrannical government right now.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I know I will not be popular saying this but not everyone has any business carrying a gun.
    You people with this attitude are going to be the ones helping your family up the step into the boxcar.

Are you going to wait until someone says you don't need to carry one to put your foot down? If not now, when?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am opposed to HB 1927.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a conservative Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.

Who are you to decide what others need to do in order to exercise their Constitutionally protected rights? What gives you that authority?

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You people with this attitude are going to be the ones helping your family up the step into the boxcar.

Are you going to wait until someone says you don't need to carry one to put your foot down? If not now, when?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Folks, the guy was right in what he specifically said. Some people have mental illnesses or are mentally deficient. They should not carry. But we cannot let the rights of 99.9999999999999999% of the people be infringed because of the exceedingly rare exception.

And realistically, such a person might well carry in spite of any law.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Folks, the guy was right in what he specifically said. Some people have mental illnesses or are mentally deficient. They should not carry. But we cannot let the rights of 99.9999999999999999% of the people be infringed because of the exceedingly rare exception.

And realistically, such a person might well carry in spite of any law.

Which may explain how they ended up in possession of one in the first place.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Some of you seem to not be able to see the forests for the trees. can you not foresee ANY reason that you would rather not have just anybody open-carry a sidearm down your sidewalk or street when your children are outside playing???

What difference does it make if it’s concealed or unconcealed? Would youprefer not to know someone is carrying a firearm? And you never answered my previous question.

my children see me carrying all the time. They know how to respect a firearm, and they have been taught not to be scared of them as well. They have been taught firearm safety as well.

Top Bottom