Hurley's Gold

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    as far as CC goes, Texas is an embarrassment. There have been 20 other states beat us to this.
    And in 2017 when CC failed to make it in session, they said it was because of the lost $$ on the fees...
    Texas is a purple state. Our Politian's are mostly liberal.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    What difference does method of carry make?

And the second part of your reply is a pipe dream.

It should be up to the individual to seek the information. The entire penal code is easily found on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The difference is threat/ risk recognition
    There is a lot more to proper firearm instruction than the penal code and to think that people will research all aspects of carrying a firearm is unrealistic at best.
    and since I don't smoke dope, I have no pipe dreams

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    In every State I know of, use and safety classes are required to get a drivers license.
    Yet still thousands of people a year are killed with vehicles. In "accidents".
    There are a lot more out there carry unlicensed every day than you know.
    No amount of classes will stop stupid or careless from having "accidents".

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Knucklehead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2021
    DFW
    Well, it’s pretty dumb people don’t learn to handle guns. But Constitutionally says “shall not be infringed”. So there’s that. But retailers might ought to require new gun buyers to learn on site.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Well, it’s pretty dumb people don’t learn to handle guns. But Constitutionally says “shall not be infringed”. So there’s that. But retailers might ought to require new gun buyers to learn on site.
    Or at least wear a mask. Fauci will say they stop anything, if you want him to.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Welcome to TGT.

And just how would retailers handle requiring learning how to handle guns?
    They couldn't require it, but those with the facilities could offer a discounted, or even free, short course... I'm not even suggesting that they should, but it would be a perk similar to offering lifetime warranty and repair on the guns they sell...

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Welcome to the forum, you Knucklehead, lol.

Reactions: gll

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    They couldn't require it, but those with the facilities could offer a discounted, or even free, short course... I'm not even suggesting that they should, but it would be a perk similar to offering lifetime warranty and repair on the guns they sell...

I am not opposed to people getting training, or instruction in how to shoot, and especially if it makes them safer when handling a gun.

But, I do oppose making it mandatory in any way, because that IMO is an infringement of a citizens 2nd Amendment rights. Any restriction, or requirement placed in the path to buying, owning and possessing a firearm is an infringement.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I am not opposed to people getting training, or instruction in how to shoot, and especially if it makes them safer when handling a gun.

But, I do oppose making it mandatory in any way, because that IMO is an infringement of a citizens 2nd Amendment rights. Any restriction, or requirement placed in the path to buying, owning and possessing a firearm is an infringement.
    Any mandatory gun training should be done within the education system (where we already accept government having a vested interest), and before the age of majority.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Any mandatory gun training should be done within the education system (where we already accept government having a vested interest), and before the age of majority.

I don't believe there should be mandatory gun training at any point or level, regardless of whether it's within the educational system, government mandated, or from a manufacturer, or a company.

If they want to offer the training or instruction, that is fine and I'd support that.

When you make it mandatory, or required as a step, then that is an infringement in being able to exercise a right.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Well that is certainly a cogent point- however freedom of religion and freedom of speech both have reasonable restrictions, and a persons right to keep and bear arms is not effected by a restriction that requires training if that person chooses to hide (conceal) the firearm. He She It can still bear arms openly.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Well that is certainly a cogent point- however freedom of religion and freedom of speech both have reasonable restrictions, and a persons right to keep and bear arms is not effected by a restriction that requires training if that person chooses to hide (conceal) the firearm. He She It can still bear arms openly.

Unless an option is offered, to carry without having to have training, or paying a fee for a permit, is an infringement to the carrying of firearms for self defense.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I don't believe there should be mandatory gun training at any point or level, regardless of whether it's within the educational system, government mandated, or from a manufacturer, or a company.

If they want to offer the training or instruction, that is fine and I'd support that.

When you make it mandatory, or required as a step, then that is an infringement in being able to exercise a right.
    What better way to teach the 2A and safe gun handling then to have it in the school system? School kids have lot's of required learning courses, some kind of NRA course would be a good experience. Better than some of the LGBTQ crap they are learning now.

Reactions: gll

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    What better way to teach the 2A and safe gun handling then to have it in the school system? School kids have lot's of required learning courses, some kind of NRA course would be a good experience. Better than some of the LGBTQ crap they are learning now.

I think you are missing my point. I am not opposed to it being offered in the school systems in any way. But it should be made mandatory. Should any child or student have to take a course on gun safety? IMO, no they shouldn't. We have the 2nd Amendment that protects our right to own and possess guns, but it doesn't require a person to own or possess one if they so choose not to.

Top Bottom