DK Firearms

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I am concerned a little bit about concealed carry without training in safety, responsibility, liability , legal entanglements and the many effects of even a lawful shooting. That training should be required and provided at no expense to each firearm owner. I know that a response to this post is going to be harsh. I was 12 when I lost a friend to accidental discharge, have friends who shot the tranny of their Subaru with a holstered glock, another shot their coffee table (again a glock). I have saw a man at at a local restaurant take his pistol out of his waistband and set it on the table and kind of covered it with his cap! NEXT to the aisle! Who has not seen someone with open carry, do something unsafe with a firearm? Open carry allows us to at a minimum avoid armed people who act carelessly.
    OKAY I've zipped up my flak jacket and bunkered up! Let the verbal assaults begin ;)

I agree if you assume the responsibility of carrying a gun you should be versed on the laws. I DO NOT however believe it should be a condition mandated by the state with a fee (tax) attached to it to exercise a constitutionally guaranteed right.

All of that should be up to the individual; it used to be called personal responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Capitol Armory ad

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    What classes/courses does the criminal take before they grab their gats for an evening of adventure?

What public speaking courses do the flag-hating, country destroying punks take before slamming the only country in the world that allows them to pull their crap in public without fear of reprisal?

What the **** did entire generations surrender their lives at the altar of liberty for in war after war , establishing and defending the RIGHTS that you're so ready to give away?!??

People seem ready willing and able to give away lots of rights and freedoms currently.

As to training etc for Constitutional carry all I can say is you CANT fix stupid so just let Darwin do it and as far as the legal aspect their are people currently CC with an LTC who still dont know ALL the ins and outs.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Like learning to drive and owning a car you SHOULD learn the rules and know the tool same applies to owning/carrying a gun.

But as with cars n driving NOT everyone does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I am concerned a little bit about concealed carry without training in safety, responsibility, liability , legal entanglements and the many effects of even a lawful shooting. That training should be required and provided at no expense to each firearm owner. I know that a response to this post is going to be harsh. I was 12 when I lost a friend to accidental discharge, have friends who shot the tranny of their Subaru with a holstered glock, another shot their coffee table (again a glock). I have saw a man at at a local restaurant take his pistol out of his waistband and set it on the table and kind of covered it with his cap! NEXT to the aisle! Who has not seen someone with open carry, do something unsafe with a firearm? Open carry allows us to at a minimum avoid armed people who act carelessly.
    OKAY I've zipped up my flak jacket and bunkered up! Let the verbal assaults begin ;)
    I will offer this comment to your post. Who is to provide this training? Training: We are having such sterling results with education and training in our schools today that I submit, while your thoughts are not ridiculous but, the very nature of your training thought brings in governmental bureaucracy and control and thus contolled and legislated.
    The Second Amendment does note, " a well regulated militia" and in the language of the day "well regulated" meant trained and knowledgeable with the use and maintenance of the firearm. In today's society that portion of gun ownership is missing. Back then it was gained by hunting with family and friends as well as local drilling for the local defense against such enemies as the English or French army or criminals as well as indigenous original inhabitants of the continent who were pretty miffed about the (in their eyes) illegal, uncontrolled and harmful incursion of the white man into the land of the "Human Being".

To answer your firearm handling points to validate your position: accidental discharge? Did the gun go off when a round was chambered (mechanical failure) while pointed in an unsafe direction? Or was it negligent discharge such as finger on trigger while pointed unsafely? Shooting the tranny with a glock could be negligent discharge or could be something else. Shooting coffee table again is probably neglience. Taking apistol out of waistband - was it in a holster? or in the waistband? putting it on the table next to the aisle in and of itself is not unsafe. As far as seeing seeing someone open carry doing something unsafe.? Nope never have I observed any such behavior.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The Second Amendment either applies or it doesn't. Life is full of risk.

You could get run over by a poor driver. And odds are much higher of that happening.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Texas motorist protection act. You can carry a loaded firearm now in a vehicle as long as it is concealed eg a glove box. As far as I know there is no training involved and I haven't heard of problems. I still remember the video of the FBI agent (supposedly well trained) doing a cartwheel, his gun falls out and an innocent bystander gets shot.
    I think everyone should learn gun safety but this is a constitutional right.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So,,,,,LE, licensed CC or military never have an ND or AD?
    How about people licensed to drive a car? They never have at fault accidents? If they can't be trusted to not cause injury or death with one, why should they not lose that priviledge?
    There are more injuries or deaths every year by knives, clubs, arrows or a host of other products every year than accidental injuries or deaths by guns. Why no mandated classes and a license for those?
    Stupidity and carelessness, regardless if it is momentary or a permanent affliction, will not be stopped by teaching people what happens as a result.
    People have been conditioned to think that everyone should be guaranteed a long and healthy life. And lately that it is the job of government to see that we do.
    I ain't gonna happen. Period.
    Even if there were no guns and no need for one. There is no guarantee. Period.
    Life is a gamble. You take the cards you get and play them the best you can. And hope you win.
    The only sure bet in life, you ain't getting out of it alive.
    Everything else is up for grabs.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If you go into the current LTC class (licensing requirement) with no previous experience or knowledge, the best you will come out of it with is next to nothing, and as someone else suggested there is no licensing requirement for carrying illegally, anyway...

The real problem is that we, as a nation (or at least as a sovereign State), are not fully committed to the "gun culture" that the founders inculcated in our Constitution at our nation's founding.

The progressive infringement and dilution of our gun rights over time, as well as urbanization (where the bigger problem is), has reduced daily exposure to what was once a natural part of daily life. Training in arms shouldn't start with an LTC class, it should start in early life, and though it might be best if that schooling happened within the family, society as a whole is no longer fit for that. Therefore, in order to continue as the nation our founders established, the education system, whether public or private, should take up responsibility to begin that exposure and traIning in firearms from the very beginning of schooling and to it's end, not as a requirement to ultimately be granted what is a human right guaranteed, but rather to make our children ready to live in America as free people.

Even before that begins, though, must come the decision that the 2nd Amendment is an absolute condition of our social contract, our Constitution, and may indeed not be infringed, thus requiring the repeal of, or decision that, all federal gun law as(is) unconstitutional, and by the Supremacy Clause and the 14th Amendment all state firearms law is invalid as well.

The solution is to prosecute actors for what they actually do, not to imagine any other law, or regulation, or training can prevent their action. Anything else is just confusion...

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Constitutional Carry is working just fine in the states that have it. There will always be people who screw up but our job is to make sure we take care of ourselves.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    With all due respect. First, you're suggesting we limit our second amendment right to requirements before we exercise. Next, you're saying that there should be a social system that forces people to give us classes, without pay. Sir, I think your experiences are helping you have an emotional plea on an ordained right that is absolute, but nature and as mine and mine of a say so, as your opinion.

I humbly suggest you take a step back and reevaluate your stance. For it is the very foundation for the problems we face with our rights, today. "I believe in the second amendment, BUT..."

To everyone else, please take the time to write your legislator and donate what you can to the GOA. Always remember, our enemy out funds and out actions us.

Please go here...

...write you legislators and perhaps donate what would have been spent on a cheeseburger or coffee to our friends at the GOA.

God bless.
    No any literate person reading my statement understands that I am concerned ONLY about unlicensed CONCEALED carry. AND no mention was made of unpaid instructors! I think that the state of Texas should offer the instruction free as a public safety issue. We certain fund a shitload of grants for studying everything from stars to turtle migration, money could be taken from some of those esoteric studies and fund real safety.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    No any literate person reading my statement understands that I am concerned ONLY about unlicensed CONCEALED carry. AND no mention was made of unpaid instructors! I think that the state of Texas should offer the instruction free as a public safety issue. We certain fund a shitload of grants for studying everything from stars to turtle migration, money could be taken from some of those esoteric studies and fund real safety.
    If something like that is to be done, it needs to be done within the educational system and before the age of majority.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX

Concealed or not, it is our God given right to be armed. Concerns of armed men, for other's safety, have been around since the beginning of times. Yes, there will be folk with the IQ of a rock carrying arms, no matter if they are trained or not, just the way it is and always will be.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    "On every question of construction, carry ourselves back to the time when the constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, & instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was past."

- Thomas Jefferson, 1823

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My my what ever did people do before the gooberment intervention into people's rights.

I'll tell you the same thing we told everyone when AZ started CC.

Carrying concealed is a commitment. People who want to already went thru the permitting process. People to lazy to are not gonna decide to all of a sudden get holsters and new clothes just because CC was passed. People who want to break laws already do so.

Absolutely nothing will change in the numbers or manner of carry after CC is passed. It hasn't changed anything in any state yet regarding noobs being unleashed untrained and a pestilence upon the land. No untrained yahoos ventilating themselves or others cause they can all of a sudden carry with out a permit. It is an argument that has never been born out as anything even approaching true.

That's handwringing bullshit.

Idiots are among you now with permits and training. People need to quit trying to control everyone's lives. Most have enough to worry about facing themselves in the mirror.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    My my what ever did people do before the gooberment intervention into people's rights.

I'll tell you the same thing we told everyone when AZ started CC.

Carrying concealed is a commitment. People who want to already went thru the permitting process. People to lazy to are not gonna decide to all of a sudden get holsters and new clothes just because CC was passed. People who want to break laws already do so.

Absolutely nothing will change in the numbers or manner of carry after CC is passed. It hasn't changed anything in any state yet regarding noobs being unleashed untrained and a pestilence upon the land. No untrained yahoos ventilating themselves or others cause they can all of a sudden carry with out a permit. It is an argument that has never been born out as anything even approaching true.

That's handwringing bullshit.

Idiots are among you now with permits and training. People need to quit trying to control everyone's lives. Most have enough to worry about facing themselves in the mirror.
    This is truth.

I know a lib guy that was just flat making shit up about the MO CC law when it passed and how his rights were going to be infringed as a result. He just knew that people were going to run amok - murdering as they please and intimidating poor disenfranchised and underserved communities. To quote a guy that I'll likely get to meet sooner or later - it's "handwringing bullshit". Leftists create a crisis out of whole cloth and exploit it to the uninformed masses. It's a playbook for the simple minded and works all too often. Watch - we're going to have the equivalent of a U.S. Minister of Propaganda here pretty quick. The office will be titled the Big Tech Czar and will be ostensibly created to better manage the false information disseminated by the alt-right, white-supremists and other critical race theory deniers. TX needs to get it's shit together and draw bold lines between what the Feds can and cannot do to TX citizens. And it needs to start with gun rights - moving forward from there. I dearly love this state and consider it my own. Succession isn't the answer. It'll never happen.

Top Bottom