Texas SOT

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I stayed up late last night at the Texas State Capitol House Homeland Security Committee hearing. We didn’t finish till early early thus morning.

The Hotel carry bull passed out of committee going to house floor.

Rep Biederman’s HB 1289 Constitutional carry Bill has just passed out of committee and will be going to the house floor!

can anyone say YEAH!
    Target Sports

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I stayed up late last night at the Texas State Capitol House Homeland Security Committee hearing. We didn’t finish till early early thus morning.

Rep Biederman’s HB 1289 Constitutional carry Bill has just passed out of committee and will be going to the house floor!

can anyone say YEAH!
    Yeah!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Moms Demand Action is trying to get their members to mobilize to stop this. Would be fun to use their text system against them...

Let’s do it! Text TEXAS to 644-33. You’ll have to listen to a stupid bit telling you what (not) to say, then will be connected to a committee member.

f5c1e5f94b3dc32c48cde8b32f6640ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX

can anyone say YEAH!

That would be HB 1238 by Biedermann. But yeah, I stayed up as long as I could last night and didn't hear the outcome of that bill, was looking today to try and find some info. I am glad it made it out of committee and heading to the House. Maybe this time it will pass.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Moms Demand Action is trying to get their members to mobilize to stop this. Would be fun to use their text system against them...

Let’s do it! Text TEXAS to 644-33. You’ll have to listen to a stupid bit telling you what (not) to say, then will be connected to a committee member.

f5c1e5f94b3dc32c48cde8b32f6640ba.jpg

They only had 8 people oppose the bill, with 148 people supporting the bill. 4 of the 9 comittee members have basically said that they are in support of the bill, based on their comments.

Such as 3 of them agreed that constitutional rights are god given rights for the government to protect, not a right given by a government.

Its allready been voted out of commitee. All voted for it except Goodwin, Bowers, and Morales.

However, that being said. Its out of the house now and will be going to the house floor for a vote, then it will go to the Senate Judicery Comittee, then to the senate floor.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    That would be HB 1238 by Biedermann. But yeah, I stayed up as long as I could last night and didn't hear the outcome of that bill, was looking today to try and find some info. I am glad it made it out of committee and heading to the House. Maybe this time it will pass.

It usually takes up to a week to show online, or so i have been told.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Got this email today...........Money is more important than the Right of the people to some......and are using scare tactics to boot...........

1617299196052.png

The License to Carry Law is Now at Risk in the Texas Legislature. Your Training Business is at Risk Too.
    The Texas Legislature is currently hearing unlicensed or permitless carry bills that would remove the requirements for LTC training. The new bills will allow any adult to carry firearm without legal and safety education. If the LTC becomes optional, your training business will be severely impacted.

Everyone will be at Greater Risk

The current LTC law benefits all Texans, because it ensures that gun owners are properly trained and understand the law. If the new permitless carry bills become law, everyone will be at greater risk of suffering from grave and deadly mistakes.

If you are concerned about your business and agree that permitless carry is a bad idea, please join us in convincing the Texas Legislature to say NO to these bills.

Thank you,
    Lock Arms for Life

Lock Arms for Life
    2303 RR 620 S, Ste. 160 Box 152
    Lakeway, Texas 78734

Preferences | Unsubscribe

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Got this email today...........Money is more important than the Right of the people to some......and are using scare tactics to boot...........

View attachment 250278

The License to Carry Law is Now at Risk in the Texas Legislature. Your Training Business is at Risk Too.
    The Texas Legislature is currently hearing unlicensed or permitless carry bills that would remove the requirements for LTC training. The new bills will allow any adult to carry firearm without legal and safety education. If the LTC becomes optional, your training business will be severely impacted.

Everyone will be at Greater Risk

The current LTC law benefits all Texans, because it ensures that gun owners are properly trained and understand the law. If the new permitless carry bills become law, everyone will be at greater risk of suffering from grave and deadly mistakes.

If you are concerned about your business and agree that permitless carry is a bad idea, please join us in convincing the Texas Legislature to say NO to these bills.

Thank you,
    Lock Arms for Life

Lock Arms for Life
    2303 RR 620 S, Ste. 160 Box 152
    Lakeway, Texas 78734

Preferences | Unsubscribe

A few weeks ago this was something I brought up on another thread, of where it would put instructors/trainers if permitless carry was passed. As mentioned in that thread, a person would still need a permit traveling in other states that reciprocate with Texas on the carrying of concealed firearms. Permitless carry law would only be valid in Texas.

Regardless, I think even with permitless carry law, instructors/trainers will still be doing business because most people that carry will want some form of training or instruction.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I want Constitutional Carry, but I won't be giving up my LTC... First, I just renewed it, 2nd, it makes gun purchases easier, and third, though I haven't tried it, I've heard it can go a long way toward turning a traffic violation into a warning...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I want Constitutional Carry, but I won't be giving up my LTC... First, I just renewed it, 2nd, it makes gun purchases easier, and third, though I haven't tried it, I've heard it can go a long way toward turning a traffic violation into a warning...

I forgot about that benefit. Lots of people like being able to bypass the NCIS background check when purchasing a firearm.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I forgot about that benefit. Lots of people like being able to bypass the NCIS background check when purchasing a firearm.

Not only that, but unless reciprocity agreements change, with an LTC you can legally carry in over 30 states. If you’re like me and your vacations are done via car that’s a decent little perk.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Yessir! Headed to Flagstaff next month. My TX LTC is accepted all the way there and back through New Mexico and Arizona. Feel a bit safer rolling through the desert as such...

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx

can anyone say YEAH!
    Yeah!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom