Texas SOT

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    This would be the only reason I would want the LTC to remain ALONG WITH constitutional carry.

In other words let the individual choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I want Constitutional Carry, but I won't be giving up my LTC... First, I just renewed it, 2nd, it makes gun purchases easier, and third, though I haven't tried it, I've heard it can go a long way toward turning a traffic violation into a warning...

The bill won't be doing away with the LTC, folk will still be able to have one if they choose. I for one will keep my LTC for the benefits already said above.
    Guns International

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    So to assume this passes here is my question.

I am walking my dog with my gat in my pocket. Say I was stopped and asked about the bulge. Would I present as a CHL holder or constitution carrier?

All jokes aside, it is a honest question. Would my having a CHL trump and require me to state that I am carrying with a CHL. I know an aspect of this may have been covered in the CHL class regarding transporting a handgun in a car but I need validation from my fellow TGT laywers.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using lawyers.

Edited to add that I have a CHL and will continue to hold it even if this passes. The use on a 4473 and reciprocity is well worth the trouble.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Why would you be stopped about the bulge?
    The whole scenario is presented as hypothetical. I will explain though. I was swinging next to my 8 year old at the park and a concerned citizen (we will call her Karen) made a call about a possible man with a gun. The cop, though not alarmed or aggressive, questions me as the possible suspect. He was the guy that was checking the bulge.

For cripes sake though. The original question was prosed mearly to speculate on if we would have to present as a CHL holder or could withhold that fact unless necessary.

I got 4 kids, all under 9. I could spit out imaginary tales of what happened all night. I have heard it all.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    The whole scenario is presented as hypothetical. I will explain though. I was swinging next to my 8 year old at the park and a concerned citizen (we will call her Karen) made a call about a possible man with a gun. The cop, though not alarmed or aggressive, questions me as the possible suspect. He was the guy that was checking the bulge.

For cripes sake though. The original question was prosed mearly to speculate on if we would have to present as a CHL holder or could withhold that fact unless necessary.

I got 4 kids, all under 9. I could spit out imaginary tales of what happened all night. I have heard it all.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Hypothetically it wouldn’t matter which way you presented. Hopefully the cops would not bother you either way.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I want Constitutional Carry, but I won't be giving up my LTC... First, I just renewed it, 2nd, it makes gun purchases easier, and third, though I haven't tried it, I've heard it can go a long way toward turning a traffic violation into a warning...
    Since I have had mine I have never recieved a ticket for any traffic violation. I got stopped in Prosper TX 2 weeks ago gave both licenses to the female officer. She came back and gave me a warning and thanked me for providing my LTC. She said most people she deals with don't know that's the law

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I've heard it can go a long way toward turning a traffic violation into a warning...

Didn’t help me out any. Got my first speeding ticket in almost 2 decades on Wednesday. Gave the cop my DL, POI, & LTC then informed him I had a firearm while keeping my hands on the wheel. At least he was friendly and thanked me for telling him I was carrying a firearm. Lol ......... carry on ........

Reactions: gll

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Didn’t help me out any. Got my first speeding ticket in almost 2 decades on Wednesday. Gave the cop my DL, POI, & LTC then informed him I had a firearm while keeping my hands on the wheel. At least he was friendly and thanked me for telling him I was carrying a firearm. Lol ......... carry on ........
    Guess they need the money

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    You had too much toxic white priviledge showing. Or not enough.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I am concerned a little bit about concealed carry without training in safety, responsibility, liability , legal entanglements and the many effects of even a lawful shooting. That training should be required and provided at no expense to each firearm owner. I know that a response to this post is going to be harsh. I was 12 when I lost a friend to accidental discharge, have friends who shot the tranny of their Subaru with a holstered glock, another shot their coffee table (again a glock). I have saw a man at at a local restaurant take his pistol out of his waistband and set it on the table and kind of covered it with his cap! NEXT to the aisle! Who has not seen someone with open carry, do something unsafe with a firearm? Open carry allows us to at a minimum avoid armed people who act carelessly.
    OKAY I've zipped up my flak jacket and bunkered up! Let the verbal assaults begin ;)

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I am concerned a little bit about concealed carry without training in safety, responsibility, liability , legal entanglements and the many effects of even a lawful shooting. That training should be required and provided at no expense to each firearm owner. I know that a response to this post is going to be harsh. I was 12 when I lost a friend to accidental discharge, have friends who shot the tranny of their Subaru with a holstered glock, another shot their coffee table (again a glock). I have saw a man at at a local restaurant take his pistol out of his waistband and set it on the table and kind of covered it with his cap! NEXT to the aisle! Who has not seen someone with open carry, do something unsafe with a firearm? Open carry allows us to at a minimum avoid armed people who act carelessly.
    OKAY I've zipped up my flak jacket and bunkered up! Let the verbal assaults begin ;)

With all due respect. First, you're suggesting we limit our second amendment right to requirements before we exercise. Next, you're saying that there should be a social system that forces people to give us classes, without pay. Sir, I think your experiences are helping you have an emotional plea on an ordained right that is absolute, but nature and as mine and mine of a say so, as your opinion.

I humbly suggest you take a step back and reevaluate your stance. For it is the very foundation for the problems we face with our rights, today. "I believe in the second amendment, BUT..."

To everyone else, please take the time to write your legislator and donate what you can to the GOA. Always remember, our enemy out funds and out actions us.

Please go here...

...write you legislators and perhaps donate what would have been spent on a cheeseburger or coffee to our friends at the GOA.

God bless.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Do we need a dress code too?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

What classes/courses does the criminal take before they grab their gats for an evening of adventure?

What public speaking courses do the flag-hating, country destroying punks take before slamming the only country in the world that allows them to pull their crap in public without fear of reprisal?

What the **** did entire generations surrender their lives at the altar of liberty for in war after war , establishing and defending the RIGHTS that you're so ready to give away?!??

Top Bottom