• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Refresh my memory, which party has been in control of Texas since 1994?

Refresh my memory, which party has called for a Green New Deal,claimed "we can rely on renewable energy", is shutting down fossil fuel production, closing pipelines, blocking nuke plants, etc., all of which has nothing to do with who is in control of Texas?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I lived in WA state and CO for 20 years each prior to moving back to Texas where we have the cheapest electric power and the most reliable. Yes this is extreme weather and a RARE event. I have a small 2500 watt generator with inverter for electronics and get by fine with my propane campstove and butane lantern. A kerosene heater is also great but I have not even had to light mine. Be Calm this too shall pass. If yankees can take this, so can we.

The current weather is a symptom. The problem is Texas does not have enough power. CA had similar symptoms, they ignored them, now rolling blackouts are the norm.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Refresh my memory, which party has called for a Green New Deal,claimed "we can rely on renewable energy", is shutting down fossil fuel production, closing pipelines, blocking nuke plants, etc., all of which has nothing to do with who is in control of Texas?

Do we HAVE that famous Green New Deal yet in Texas or on a Federal level, or are those just utopian pipe dreams at this point, and have nothing to do with what's happening in Texas NOW? Is being told to winterize your power generation and transmission INCLUDING fossil burning ten years ago and operators saying nah, that would cut into our profit margin a part of the famous Green New Deal? You're saying AOC and Sanders are proposing a Green New Deal for the future and that's why Texas is fucked right now? Does that make sense in your head?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Do we HAVE that famous Green New Deal yet in Texas or on a Federal level, or are those just utopian pipe dreams at this point, and have nothing to do with what's happening in Texas NOW? Is being told to winterize your power generation and transmission INCLUDING fossil burning ten years ago and operators saying nah, that would cut into our profit margin a part of the famous Green New Deal? You're saying AOC and Sanders are proposing a Green New Deal for the future and that's why Texas is fucked right now? Does that make sense in your head?

not talking about possible legislation, talking about the belief system.

Green New Deal (GND) proposals call for public policy to address climate change along with achieving other social aims like job creation and reducing economic inequality.

Green New Deal - Wikipedia

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    not talking about possible legislation, talking about the belief system.

So you "believe" some people calling for a Green New Deal in the future has caused deregulation, privatization, and removing the Texas grid from interconnected networks to avoid Federal regulation, as a result of which I'm freezing my ass off in Texas NOW?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So you "believe" some people calling for a Green New Deal in the future has caused deregulation, privatization, and removing the Texas grid from interconnected networks to avoid Federal regulation, as a result of which I'm freezing my ass off in Texas NOW?

No I believe they are doing everything they can to prevent USA from making reliable energy from nukes, gas, oil, coal. They also think renewable energy like wind solar is the solution moving forward.

If you are freezing your ass off right now, it is because you are unprepared and decided to rely on govt to provide for you. How is that working out? Not all of us rely on .gov.

IMG_0889.jpg

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    No believe they are doing everything they can to prevent USA from making reliable energy from nukes, gas, oil, coal. They also think renewable energy like wind solar is the solution moving forward.

So what do you believe has caused this catastrophic failure NOW?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    We do have a ton of new people moving here who are probably bringing a ton of new gadgets and toys to use electricity with. It's a reality that our systems may be stretched pretty thin.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Is sending people to prison really the answer to the problem?

A prison has their own power generation systems in the form of very huge back-up generators. Prisoners get three meals a day and warm cell with bunk to sleep in.

Dont forget romance is always in the air.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They are stuck on stupid and cant be fixed. But we do not need to change their minds. Plenty of ordinary dems are freezing right now and will see the light.
    What is the "ordinary dem" of which you speak?

I think they were extinct in the 90's.

Top Bottom