Target Sports

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So I read the thread and I’m trying to figure this out. You’re mad that a private business has decided to enforce a mask mandate for people to use their private services on their private property? Isn’t this the entire point of letting everyone decide what is best for themselves as adults? And the companies as adults has decided that masks (or at least posting signs) about masks is best for them?
    What are you upset about? Also when some poor kid that is barley making ends meet asks you to put a mask on at one of these stores how do you react to them? Because you know they are doing what the have to not get in trouble and pay the bills, instead of being unemployed and a tax burden. I am really having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Go elsewhere or put the mask on get your product and leave. It is pretty straightforward.
    Barley is a grain rather like wheat, often used in beer.

Barely means near, thinly, close.

But to your point, I think many of us thing its just dumb to wear a mask, just as dumb as if half the stores asked you to strip to your underwear to shop, or to wear a dunce cap.

I'll throw a small fit and make my position known if I am asked to wear one. That's my right as a customer. Will I push it to the point of getting the cops called? Eh, depends on how I feel that day. I know where the lines are and I will go right up to them, but not cross. You can submit or not, its up to you. WE are not trying to force anyone to do anything. WE simply wanting to not be forced into anything either.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

But to your point, I think many of us thing its just dumb to wear a mask, just as dumb as if half the stores asked you to strip to your underwear to shop, or to wear a dunce cap.

I'll throw a small fit and make my position known if I am asked to wear one. That's my right as a customer. Will I push it to the point of getting the cops called? Eh, depends on how I feel that day. I know where the lines are and I will go right up to them, but not cross. You can submit or not, its up to you. WE are not trying to force anyone to do anything. WE simply wanting to not be forced into anything either.

you should learn to spell think is not spelled thing

Last edited:

Pdyson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Went to HEB last week, lots of folks unmasked. Saw a HEB associate pushing a cart around with masks and hand sanitizer. He asked if I would like a mask, I said no thanks. Went to SAMS same day, mask Nazi at the door. Gave me one said we need to wear it. I took it but since I was drinking a soda, I just kept my distance from people.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County

so you’re going to punish some kid that is doing what is required of them to keep their job because it’s going to punish the jackass lawyer in a different state that set the policy. Right. I’m trying to understand but throwing a fit makes you look crazy and just ruins some poor under paid persons day. Why do it? You want to feel better, you feel inconvenienced, offend, oppressed? I mean it’s not MOPP 4 in July.

as to being forced. No one forces you to shop at any of these establishments. You are choosing to go there.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I tried to go to Best Buy yesterday and they required a mask. I told them I had an exemption, they said I was free to "shop" but no employees would be able to ring me up. I told them I needed a refrigerator, and couldn't buy online because I had multiple forms of payment from Whirlpool. I explained to them that I've been in this store multiple times without a mask and have never been denied before - and another employee said that they don't let anyone in without a mask - which I took as her calling me a liar.

I went next door to Lowes and bought the same refrigerator, which happened to be on sale for $500 less.

God Bless Best Buy's mask policy.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I tried to go to Best Buy yesterday and they required a mask. I told them I had an exemption, they said I was free to "shop" but no employees would be able to ring me up. I told them I needed a refrigerator, and couldn't buy online because I had multiple forms of payment from Whirlpool. I explained to them that I've been in this store multiple times without a mask and have never been denied before - and another employee said that they don't let anyone in without a mask - which I took as her calling me a liar.

I went next door to Lowes and bought the same refrigerator, which happened to be on sale for $500 less.

God Bless Best Buy's mask policy.
    I went to Home Depot yesterday and they require a mask. Bought a new lawnmower and got 10% veteran deduction. Big deal that I wore a mask. Get a life people. Shop wherever you want.

Dog Mom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    LaMarque, Texas
    With some people supporting this idea with the "It's Their Business - So Their Rules" mantra.

At what point does this mantra cross the line...or can they order around their customers around at their discretion?

(not that I want to spend my money at these businesses, just curious...is there a line or...?)
    Any private business can have there own rules. Where you spend you money is your choice.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I have not worn a mask since this thing started. And I go to walmart, the bank, restaurants, home depot, hotels and pretty much every place that I went to before the corona hysteria. I can count on one hand the number of times that I have been refused service.

I have been asked a few times if I had a mask or if I wanted a mask. My reply has always been "no". As I said before I have been refused service only 4 or 5 times. And when I was refused service I told them that I would spend my money elsewhere and I left.

As long as sheeple continue to wear masks they will be expected to wear them.

dmh

dmh
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Huntsville,TX
    @toddnjoyce has again said if better than I could have, and I agree.

If a business wants to institute a mask policy as part of being able to shop within their premises, so be it. Pretty much like I view a "No Guns" sign. Shop somewhere else. I have long voted with my wallet, and will continue to do so. Last year, Lowes and TSC lost my business until they stopped "requiring" a mask to shop in their stores.

My gripe are the so-called "mandates" or psuedo laws requiring people to wear a mask.
    I avoid stores that require masks if I can. If not, I wear my mask. It is black with white writing that says, "Just drink the Kool-Aid... Signed Jim.
    I fear no one understands.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I went to Home Depot yesterday and they require a mask. Bought a new lawnmower and got 10% veteran deduction. Big deal that I wore a mask. Get a life people. Shop wherever you want.

The mask is a big deal to me.

Thankfully none of the Home Depots near me require a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I avoid stores that require masks if I can. If not, I wear my mask. It is black with white writing that says, "Just drink the Kool-Aid... Signed Jim.
    I fear no one understands.
    When all that went down, some joker put a stamp on a packet of grape koolaid and mailed it to a friend. The return was Rev Jim Jones, Peoples Temple

Last edited:

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    So far here in SATX the several places I have entered with “mask required signs” made zero mention of or indication that I was unwelcome at the place when I entered did my business and left all the time mask free.
    Lowes
    Home Depot
    HEB
    Walmart
    Whataburger
    Several Circle K stores

If however they should indicate I am not welcome w/o one they will also learn their place is not welcome to my money.

So far money wins out over mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    you should learn to spell think is not spelled thing

While you're criticizing others, you should learn to use punctuation and capitalization. Your sentence is indecipherable at worst and confusing at best without it.

MAN......I hate when the spelling/grammar police break their own fucking rules. :)

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    While you're criticizing others, you should learn to use punctuation and capitalization. Your sentence is indecipherable at worst and confusing at best without it.

MAN......I hate when the spelling/grammar police break their own fucking rules. :)
    Nothing worse then grammer police

Top Bottom