Venture Surplus ad

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Then you didn't look very hard.
    Try again.
    I was once told that before I tried to convince people I was right, I should be able to prove to myself I wasn't wrong.
    Keep trying.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    In the link belowthis I posted several links to reputable institutions that tested the effectiveness of masks. I've asked for links to studies from reputable institutions from people to support their opinions and have received nothing. Instead I get cuz I told you so and a link to a study about mandates. Now I'm asked to do the legwork for the opinions I oppose. So, no.

DK Firearms

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Mexico just came up with a 'Nose Only' mask.

It's really cool looking - Utterly ineffective of course, but provides a wonderfully comedic/circus clown look.

Good Stuff!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Bottom line for me is I don't care if masks work or not. I am sure they do.

I don't like wearing them and have accepted the risks. If you can't accept me not wearing a mask when I shop, go home or get a iso-suit or YOU do something. Don't try to make me do something because you are scared.

Yes masks work, but I don't want to wear one.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Bottom line for me is I don't care if masks work or not. I am sure they do.

I don't like wearing them and have accepted the risks. If you can't accept me not wearing a mask when I shop, go home or get a iso-suit or YOU do something. Don't try to make me do something because you are scared.

Yes masks work, but I don't want to wear one.

What risk are you accepting? You think your average mask protects you?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    What risk are you accepting? You think your average mask protects you?
    It is undeniable that a mask (pick your poison on the type) helps stop drops and particulates. So yes, they DO protect to some extent. I don't think they can stop everything by any means. Just like a "bullet proof vest" the one I have on now is great for handgun threats, but a rifle would zip through the front, me and the back just fine.

You can argue over how effective a mask is but I won't. They help and that's that. Their point isn't to filter the virus, its to filter as much of your slobber that has the virus in it as it can.

Most think about our a mask as a piece of hardware cloth trying to stop water, but it is really a piece of hardware cloth you sit a water filled balloon on. And wow, the porous screen stops "water", it may not stop all, but it stops some if not most.

When I am home I don't wear my body armor (well not very often anyway). I don't take it off because it only partially protects me or because I think there is no risk. I take it off because I don't want to wear it anymore, just like my mask.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It is undeniable that a mask (pick your poison on the type) helps stop drops and particulates. So yes, they DO protect to some extent. I don't think they can stop everything by any means. Just like a "bullet proof vest" the one I have on now is great for handgun threats, but a rifle would zip through the front, me and the back just fine.

You can argue over how effective a mask is but I won't. They help and that's that. Their point isn't to filter the virus, its to filter as much of your slobber that has the virus in it as it can.

Most think about our a mask as a piece of hardware cloth trying to stop water, but it is really a piece of hardware cloth you sit a water filled balloon on. And wow, the porous screen stops "water", it may not stop all, but it stops some if not most.

When I am home I don't wear my body armor (well not very often anyway). I don't take it off because it only partially protects me or because I think there is no risk. I take it off because I don't want to wear it anymore, just like my mask.

I work on the assumption that the kind of mask the average person has (not high quality medical) gives the wearer no protection but if one wears it but may stop some infective droplets from infecting others if one is asymptomatically infected. So if one doesn't wear one, one may spread the disease to others and that is not acceptable. Analogous to an HIV patient not using a condom. In the operating room the surgeon is not wearing a mask to protect himself but to protect the patient (at least pre-covid). So, when you say you take acceptable risk, I say you really are not the one at risk, the other guy is. The analogy to armor is based I guess that you think a mask may give you some protection just as body armor worn by you does.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    In the operating room the surgeon is not wearing a mask to protect himself but to protect the patient (at least pre-covid).
    Well dammn it to hell, I always thought the surgeons wore masks to keep them from catching what the patient had. Like getting an ankle fracture while doing a ORIF on a patient that had one. :evil:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    To get back on topic.

I went to Sam's today. They have a big sign saying masks are required in accordance with local/state laws or regulations. That is paraphrased.

So I go in without a mask and do my shopping. As I wait in the checkout line a supervisor says I need a mask. I told them that I was in compliance with their sign and according to the local/state regulations mentioned on the sign.

They looked at me like I an crazy so I offered to wait while they went to read the sign and reminded them that the governor had rescinded the mandate for the whole state.

They chose not to read the sign and walked off.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    IMG_7141.jpg

Top Bottom