Lynx Defense

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    With some people supporting this idea with the "It's Their Business - So Their Rules" mantra.

At what point does this mantra cross the line...or can they order around their customers around at their discretion?

(not that I want to spend my money at these businesses, just curious...is there a line or...?)
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Barking up the wrong tree. The line that was crossed was when elected politicians used laws on the books to justify issuing extralegislative orders, enable subordinate level elected politicians to so the same, then got into a pîssing match over who is right or wrong and then pitting the public against each other in some sort of moral supremacy match. But the bell cannot he unrung and my faith in the average human being reasonable has been proven wrong yet again and in new ways.

While I vehemently disagree with laws that prevent citizens from exercising constitutional rights in businesses open to the public and places to worship, mask/no-mask isn’t anywhere near a constitutional right and it should be within their purview to decide acceptable behaviors in their operating spaces, so vote with the pocketbook or find a way around it.

Tex1961

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2020
    Plano, Texas
    Barking up the wrong tree. The line that was crossed was when elected politicians used laws on the books to justify issuing extralegislative orders, enable subordinate level elected politicians to so the same, then got into a pîssing match over who is right or wrong and then pitting the public against each other in some sort of moral supremacy match. But the bell cannot he unrung and my faith in the average human being reasonable has been proven wrong yet again and in new ways.

While I vehemently disagree with laws that prevent citizens from exercising constitutional rights in businesses open to the public and places to worship, mask/no-mask isn’t anywhere near a constitutional right and it should be within their purview to decide acceptable behaviors in their operating spaces, so vote with the pocketbook or find a way around it.
    One of the better, intelligent, well written post's I've read on this issue.. Good Job....

My business is just like my home and as such is MY CASTLE.... I, not the government, not you... Get to decide MY rules.. and yes, I'm fully aware of said consequences that may arise due to my rules..

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    @toddnjoyce has again said if better than I could have, and I agree.

If a business wants to institute a mask policy as part of being able to shop within their premises, so be it. Pretty much like I view a "No Guns" sign. Shop somewhere else. I have long voted with my wallet, and will continue to do so. Last year, Lowes and TSC lost my business until they stopped "requiring" a mask to shop in their stores.

My gripe are the so-called "mandates" or psuedo laws requiring people to wear a mask.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Had to get my phone replaced today. Which meant having to go to the AT&T store. They were still requiring masks. So in order to get my phone fixed I had to comply. One of the rare instances if there’s been another way I would’ve been gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Its been a full scale repeal up here. I havent seen a single person wearing one at all after the 10th.

I wonder what DFW is like. Basing off my co-workers hystery, I am assuming its still like china down there with the sea of masks everywhere you go

I've been to Kroger, Walgreens and Walmart in the DFW area. Only saw one person without a mask. I believe all 3 have store policies mandating masks like most other major retailers.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    With some people supporting this idea with the "It's Their Business - So Their Rules" mantra.

At what point does this mantra cross the line...or can they order around their customers around at their discretion?

(not that I want to spend my money at these businesses, just curious...is there a line or...?)

There is a point when rules are petty and stupid, but as long as no laws are violated they can reduce their business as much as they wish.

The market will sort this out when there business is nothing and their competitors is 100%.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The OP has a few options.
    1. Avoid places that require masks. Realize that this might be unrealistic given that lots of places will continue to require masks.
    2. Ignore rules business rules and go in without a mask.
    3. Wear a mask.

Personally, I find #2 to be self entitled and sets you up for a confrontation. I personally see wearing a mask a minor inconvenience Not worth bending over backwards trying to avoid . . . Because there are way bigger issues out there.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I figure it’ll be over when it gets too hot. People will wise up unless the scare mongers start the propaganda again. Sniffy Joe pretty much hinted that was in the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom