ARJ Defense ad

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonRL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Planet Earth
    With some people supporting this idea with the "It's Their Business - So Their Rules" mantra.

At what point does this mantra cross the line...or can they order around their customers around at their discretion?

(not that I want to spend my money at these businesses, just curious...is there a line or...?)
    Businesses have always had policies that determines whether a potential customer was welcome or not. This is nothing new. Do you go into a place and argue with them because they have a 30.06 or 30.07 notice in the window? If stores feel the governor is wrong in his policies don’t go in there. Do your blood pressure a favor. Be the bigger man.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Be a rebel. I've noticed that places don't say squat when people have their masks on in a manner that does mot cover their nose, including their own staff. Not covering the nose renders the mask 100% useless. Wear a mask but don't cover your nose so essentially for all practical purposes you are maskless.

Seriously though, I don't go many places. I need groceries and my options are HEB and Walmart who require masks. I have to see my doctors and they require masks. I like many others are stuck with wearing a mask at least for the next few months.

Last edited:
    Reactions: gll

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    As does a guy a that can't make complete sentences yet recognizes writing errors. :p

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This whole time I've only worn a mask when an employee asks me to. Only happened a couple of times. The business has the right to require whatever they want and deny service at will; even when the government infringes on that right. Customers have the right to go elsewhere.

...but what about a scenario where you have an agreement or contract that was made before they required masks? You probably would have taken your business elsewhere if you knew they were going to require masks, but now they've changed the terms on you. How do you resolve this?

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Take a paper mask, wad it up, soak it in coffee or tea, when dry put a tear in it, repair tear with scotch tape.

Then when asked to wear a mask, pull that one out with a comment such as it's only 10 months old but should last a while longer. A comment about wearing it when you had covid also helps the shock value.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I have a different mask for everyday of the week. I go where I need to go if they require a mask I wear one get my shit get out and go about life. Pretty fkn simple!
    Hey Lonesome Dove! where doyou get off bringing logic and common sense into an emotional discussion? LOL insert eye wink here!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    About 2/3 of the people around here were still sheeple yesterday. Many of them wearing it incorrectly.

All of this in spite of the CDC itself saying masks are ineffective. From their website (link was provided earlier by someone here):

"During March 1–December 31, 2020, state-issued mask mandates applied in 2,313 (73.6%) of the 3,142 U.S. counties. Mask mandates were associated with a 0.5 percentage point decrease (p = 0.02) in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.8 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all) (Table 1) (Figure). Mask mandates were associated with a 0.7 percentage point decrease (p = 0.03) in daily COVID-19 death growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all). Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period. " {emphasis added}

This is nothing, within the range of data error.

A blockbuster admission from CDC.

I am shocked we have not seen this in the MSM. {right}

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    About 2/3 of the people around here were still sheeple yesterday. Many of them wearing it incorrectly.

All of this in spite of the CDC itself saying masks are ineffective. From their website (link was provided earlier by someone here):

"During March 1–December 31, 2020, state-issued mask mandates applied in 2,313 (73.6%) of the 3,142 U.S. counties. Mask mandates were associated with a 0.5 percentage point decrease (p = 0.02) in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.8 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all) (Table 1) (Figure). Mask mandates were associated with a 0.7 percentage point decrease (p = 0.03) in daily COVID-19 death growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all). Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period. " {emphasis added}

This is nothing, within the range of data error.

A blockbuster admission from CDC.

I am shocked we have not seen this in the MSM. {right}
    Lies. Don't listen to the factually correct misinformation. Trust the science! We will tell you what the science says. We're all in this together.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Barking up the wrong tree. The line that was crossed was when elected politicians used laws on the books to justify issuing extralegislative orders, enable subordinate level elected politicians to so the same, then got into a pîssing match over who is right or wrong and then pitting the public against each other in some sort of moral supremacy match. But the bell cannot he unrung and my faith in the average human being reasonable has been proven wrong yet again and in new ways.

While I vehemently disagree with laws that prevent citizens from exercising constitutional rights in businesses open to the public and places to worship, mask/no-mask isn’t anywhere near a constitutional right and it should be within their purview to decide acceptable behaviors in their operating spaces, so vote with the pocketbook or find a way around it.
    Great post.

Too many people willing to trample someone else's property rights.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    willy-wonka1.jpg

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Haven't worn a mask for months except on a few occasions and no one's uttered a word nor asked me to put on a mask or leave. Only exception I make are unusually small and/or confined spaces. Have a butcher shop I frequent that is tiny and if there's even one other customer, you will be within a foot or two of them no question. So that is an example of a place I wore one before the mandate was lifted.

Did go to my regular grocery store this morning for the first time since the mandate ended and was a little surprised that I was the only person without a mask of those I saw, except for one woman with one pulled under her chin. Saw people even walking through the parking lot to/from their cars and getting in their cars alone with it still on.

The social conditioning has been massively effective. Wonder what they'll try next?

Top Bottom