Gun Zone Deals

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    DD,

You're right about...everything...OK.....how's that sound?

Now take a time out...pop some popcorn, live large...hell, maybe even eat a steak without vegetables...

Perhaps, a brisk stroll and by all means wear as many masks as you can tolerate while doing so - and keep repeating - "I'm always right about everything and anything" and repeat, repeat, repeat this mantra until everything's all better!

You realize both you and olddag claim to be always right too, so the quote above applies to you guys as well. I must say OD at least will post something in support of his opinion. So far all you have is "cuz I said so" in support of your opinion.
    Hurley's Gold

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    This seems pretty simple to me.

If you want to wear a mask, were it. No one will object unless you wear it in a bank with a gun in your hand.

If you don't want to wear a mask then don't.

If a store requires a mask, wear one or shop somewhere else.

Personally I don't trust any government agency with the initials CDC since the 1950s when the Civillian Defense Corps tried to convince all the school kids that "duck and cover" would protect us from nuclear radiation. YMMV

ETA: A couple of you sound like two flat earthers arguing about which side is better, the top or the bottom.

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yeah, I could have used a nap today too...........
    I had a long nap yesterday evening and ended up not sleeping last night. This AM I had some errands so I just stayed up. While doing the errands I got breakfast and had two huge cups (20 oz each) of coffee and they were great. The problem is that I'm not used to it anymore because my wife only buys Halfcaf. I did it to myself but I sure did enjoy the hell out of it.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    This seems pretty simple to me.

If you want to wear a mask, were it. No one will object unless you wear it in a bank with a gun in your hand.

If you don't want to wear a mask then don't.

If a store requires a mask, wear one or shop somewhere else.

Personally I don't trust any government agency with the initials CDC since the 1950s when the Civillian Defense Corps tried to convince all the school kids that "duck and cover" would protect us from nuclear radiation. YMMV

ETA: A couple of you sound like two flat earthers arguing about which side is better, the top or the bottom.
    I didn't know there were two sides.
    flat_earth_getty.jpg

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    What I find the most amazing is how quickly quietly and with no resistance people are willing to simply give up choice and decision making because they were told by big brother its for their safety and protection.

What else(rights possessions etc)will y’all give up with out a fight cuz the gubment told ya its for your safety.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Exactly, that's why I stand by them.
    giphy.gif
    No you don't.
    Or you would not have stated that mask mandates do nothing but give people a false sense of security.
    They either work and the mandates are the right thing to do, or they don't. You don't get it both ways and get to claim a win.
    It has been proven in several studies that masks will NOT protect you from communicable diseases like the flu. Or Covid.
    It is proven that the best way to protect yourself is basic sanitation practices. Medical science has been pushing that for decades.
    If you want to show otherwise, show us a study where people only wear masks and don't change sanitation practices.
    There is more than a little proof, by Fauci himself, that shows that masks can cause more damage than the disease.
    What is really bad? When you go to doctor's offices or hospitals that don't even follow the protocols they say everyone should be following. Every medical professional I have ever seen is guilty of it.
    Even you.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    There is more than a little proof, by Fauci himself, that shows that masks can cause more damage than the disease.
    What is really bad? When you go to doctor's offices or hospitals that don't even follow the protocols they say everyone should be following. Every medical professional I have ever seen is guilty of it.
    Even you.

Masks cause Acute respiratory failure, chewed up lungs, a pro-thrombotic state, and death with regularity in the elderly? Worse than that? Who knew.

The hospitals I work at require universal surgical masking of all persons. N95/p100 for all aerosolizing procedures.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    No you don't.
    Or you would not have stated that mask mandates do nothing but give people a false sense of security.
    They either work and the mandates are the right thing to do, or they don't. You don't get it both ways and get to claim a win.
    It has been proven in several studies that masks will NOT protect you from communicable diseases like the flu. Or Covid.
    It is proven that the best way to protect yourself is basic sanitation practices. Medical science has been pushing that for decades.
    If you want to show otherwise, show us a study where people only wear masks and don't change sanitation practices.
    Even you.

For those that don't pay attention. I don't think mandates because of the people, not the masks. Masks are tools and good masks work well when used as directed. Mandates don't work well when even good masks are used improperly and when people use less than ideal face coverings.

A couple other have stated that they have seen studies that show masks don't work and I've asked for links to them to be posted. None have. If you have some links to some studies that show that, I'd be very interested in seeing them. The studies and not media articles about them.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Masks cause Acute respiratory failure, chewed up lungs, a pro-thrombotic state, and death with regularity in the elderly? Worse than that? Who knew.

The hospitals I work at require universal surgical masking of all persons. N95/p100 for all aerosolizing procedures.
    You might want to make a notation that this is sarcasm.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When all this mask BS started, I looked and found 4 or 5 real quick. Shouldn't be that hard for you to look, you should have better access and a better understanding than most of us anyway.
    Show us a study that says masks work without strict sanitation protocols.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    When all this mask BS started, I looked and found 4 or 5 real quick. Shouldn't be that hard for you to look, you should have better access and a better understanding than most of us anyway.
    I've looked and couldn't find any.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I've looked and couldn't find any.
    They do in fact exist. I've located them and considered posting the links but realized it would a useless action. I also ran across a study where the use of mask were proven ineffective at which point the "scientist" that conducted the study said the results were invalid and actually indicated the results, showing mask as ineffective, was because enough mask weren't worn enough. Yeah... don't get the intended results - make stuff up.

The reason for my not posting the links I found is I determined it to be pointless. You have shown over time that fact finding is secondary to entertainment. It's nothing more than a game to you. Just something to do to pass the time. And that's fine by me... we all gotta do something.

Top Bottom