ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Let me start by stating, I intend no disrespect to you but...

You referred to her as an "elderly woman". This made it seem that she was at least in her mid-sixties or older and made it seem you are in your mid thirties or younger. I'm sorry if I wrongfully assumed. Even so, it was far more rude what you did than what she 'might' have been about to do.

Have you ever seen someone fall and get hurt from being startled like that? Some folks even go into cardiac arrest. Could her purse placed on your hood have put you in that kind of danger? Why not just politely ask that she not place her purse on your vehicle? Setting off your alarm to scare the shit out of an old woman was NOT funny.

Might I add that Tony was "probably" in his Porsche, so in his case I would have done the same.
    You realize some purses have metal studs & such on the bottom, not a nice thing for paint, besides, why didn't she put her purse on her own cars hood.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Might I add that Tony was "probably" in his Porsche, so in his case I would have done the same.
    You realize some purses have metal studs & such on the bottom, not a nice thing for paint, besides, why didn't she put her purse on her own cars hood.

I realize that but is that a reason to scare and old lady such that she might hurt herself? If it was a young kid putting his skateboard on the car that's a very different scenario. Please remember and respect the fact it was an old woman.

If my kid placed his skateboard one ANY car he'd get a butt-whoopin'. If my old mother placed her purse on ANY car I'd ask her politely not to do that and I'd hold the purse for her.

I can't understand why so many can't see the difference. No respect from the kids here...

EDIT: I'll add that if I KNEW some young man did that to my mom (or any other old lady), even if she was in the wrong, we'd have some harsh words. Then I'd politely explain to my mom why she can't put her purse, or even touch, another person's vehicle.

Last edited:

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    she didn't want to scratch it................duuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh :green:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    In fairness, if she had starting clutching her chest or fallen, I would have been the first to respond....I have been a Nurse of only 37 years.......

Yes, it was my beloved 928......and it was parked in the handicapped spot, too.....(Yes, I'm that guy)

Mike, I understand exactly where your coming from and told you I respect your opinion...and I do... I'll buy you a cold soda some day.....

I admitted to being an ass, right up front.......and do have a wickedly sick sense of humor.....If you've held as many dying hands I have over the years, you might understand where I'm coming from....

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    One could give an old lady a heart attack doing that. I would have waited for her to set it down and if she did I would have politely asked that she not do that. The woman is from a different generation with different attitudes... or she might be a bit forgetful... or maybe she was 'maybe' about to be rude. It doesn't matter. She's an old lady. Give her due respect until she 'un-earns' it and even then cut her some slack. Oh... and that was NOT funny... just disrespectful from the latest generation-X.
    Nope, she should have known better. She already proved what level of respect she deserved. I am to assume she was only feet from her own hood.

I may have gone about it a little differently but once the scratch is there it is too late.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I realize that but is that a reason to scare and old lady such that she might hurt herself? If it was a young kid putting his skateboard on the car that's a very different scenario. Please remember and respect the fact it was an old woman.

If my kid placed his skateboard one ANY car he'd get a butt-whoopin'. If my old mother placed her purse on ANY car I'd ask her politely not to do that and I'd hold the purse for her.

I can't understand why so many can't see the difference. No respect from the kids here...

EDIT: I'll add that if I KNEW some young man did that to my mom (or any other old lady), even if she was in the wrong, we'd have some harsh words. Then I'd politely explain to my mom why she can't put her purse, or even touch, another person's vehicle.
    I know just as many disrespectful older people as I do younger people. Being old doesn't command respect. Being respectful commands respect.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I held the door open for 3 older women at a restaurant once. Not a single one thanked me or even acknowledged me. I said, "Oh, excuse me. I thought y'all were ladies." One of them turned and sneered at me. Witches...

There are bad apples in every generation.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I held the door open for 3 older women at a restaurant once. Not a single one thanked me or even acknowledged me. I said, "Oh, excuse me. I thought y'all were ladies." One of them turned and sneered at me. Witches...

There are bad apples in every generation.

LOL.....

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    As I've learned my entire life... old time southern respectfulness does not include Texas. And in this day and age... it's totally gone.

hurrah texas...

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Legally in the spot......just to clarify...

The "Porsche" in the Handicapped spot is what I was referring to.....lol...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As I've learned my entire life... old time southern respectfulness does not include Texas. And in this day and age... it's totally gone.

hurrah texas...

Right, people just setting their shit on car hoods and not even courteous enough to say thank you after someone holds a door for them.

But there are still a few carrying the flag, and we will continue to carry it even if some will never learn to say thank you or keep their shit off our cars.

Top Bottom