• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I got all of you beat. I took this photo a couple of years ago outside Academy.

Plenty of other spots in the lot? Check.
    Takes up 4 handicapped spots? Check.
    Kayak? Check.
    Multiple 4 wheelers? Check.
    Unattended minor in front seat? Check.

177AC704-614D-4709-8FCF-B0196FE80845_zpsg7wurwlq.png
    Lynx Defense

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I live across the street from an elementary school and you wouldn't believe how often people park IN my driveway when the rest of the street is double parked. I used to chain and lock their wheel or bumper to one of my big oak trees. That resulted in some pretty heated arguments which ultimately involved the police... That's when I started researching towing laws. Now I just call my buddy who owns a tow truck company and lives in my neighborhood. His guys are always in the area and it never takes more than 5 minutes for them to get to my house. The best part is that I have zero responsibility to inform the owner that I had it towed.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I got all of you beat. I took this photo a couple of years ago outside Academy.

Plenty of other spots in the lot? Check.
    Takes up 4 handicapped spots? Check.
    Kayak? Check.
    Multiple 4 wheelers? Check.
    Unattended minor in front seat? Check.

wow, that's sad

I live across the street from an elementary school and you wouldn't believe how often people park IN my driveway when the rest of the street is double parked. I used to chain and lock their wheel or bumper to one of my big oak trees. That resulted in some pretty heated arguments which ultimately involved the police... That's when I started researching towing laws. Now I just call my buddy who owns a tow truck company and lives in my neighborhood. His guys are always in the area and it never takes more than 5 minutes for them to get to my house. The best part is that I have zero responsibility to inform the owner that I had it towed.

park in someone else's driveway...wow, that's bold!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    park in someone else's driveway...wow, that's bold!
    There was a car parked in my driveway the day I moved into my house. The moving trucks had to park on the street and carry things the long way around. The stickers on the car identified it as a rental from a place ~50 miles away, across town. I called them and they considered the car "missing" because it was two days past the return date and they hadn't heard from the renter.

They sent a couple of guys to pick it up. It took them hours to get here. As they're about to leave, a guy comes sauntering down the block. He was the renter and he just didn't think it was important to let the rental agency know he decided to keep it a couple of extra days. On top of that, he seemed completely oblivious to the notion that parking in someone else's driveway was a problem.

After making sure he was not one of my new neighbors, just a visiting relative, I calmly informed him that he had cost me extra time to move in, the workers extra time, and had killed pretty much the full day of productivity of the two guys who had come to retrieve the car. He simply didn't care.

However, when those guys drove off in the car while he was screaming that he'd be left without transportation, I think it finally dawned on him that maybe he'd screwed up.

Can't be sure.

Last edited:

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014

Two guys and a floor jack can move most cars. We've done it multiple times at drag racing events when spectators take our pit spot for the race car. We generally left their cars in the middle of the main isle. They would make a lot of noise but never confronted us.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I've moved many a car with a floor jack. But when they're in my driveway I am not putting in the effort. I opt for my strap or chain and 4x4. :D

Drag them down the street and leave it in the intersection. Phone call to the police about an abandoned vehicle near a school gets a quick response. ;)

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Well, the cops never came knocking on my door. I'm sure somebody saw or heard me, as there was a whole lot of tire squealing as I dragged that car down the street. If they noticed, they sure didn't care lol.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom