• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    You should be able to easily find relatives now days with internet search.
    captain-obvious-skipping-hed-2016.png

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Quick update after having spoke with the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s office.

James (Jim) W.Freeman passed on June 18th, 2021 and his next of kin has been notified. Beyond that, the family is responsible for obituaries, services, and disposition of the remains. The ME office is unable to release contact information for the family. There is no recorded or scheduled burial at any of the national cemeteries that would match; this could be for various reasons.

My FIL’s brother passed away in SA back in February. His burial had to be scheduled for March because the national cemetery in the area was backed up for military honor funerals. My FIL passed away on March 1st and was buried in Louisiana four days before his brother in TX.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    My FIL’s brother passed away in SA back in February. His burial had to be scheduled for March because the national cemetery in the area was backed up for military honor funerals. My FIL passed away on March 1st and was buried in Louisiana four days before his brother in TX.

Wow. Sorry for your loss.

Eli

Well-Known
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Quick update after having spoke with the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s office.

James (Jim) W.Freeman passed on June 18th, 2021 and his next of kin has been notified. Beyond that, the family is responsible for obituaries, services, and disposition of the remains. The ME office is unable to release contact information for the family. There is no recorded or scheduled burial at any of the national cemeteries that would match; this could be for various reasons.
    Any idea if the family has actually made arrangements? If they haven't - or aren't - he is entitled to a VA funeral.

Eli

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Q1: No idea; VA funeral: True, which is why I checked (and will continue to check) the National Cemetery Administration’s burial schedule.

[mention]toddnjoyce [/mention] and [mention]Eli [/mention]

That is why I mentioned this above. The VA funerals in the SA area have been backed up.

My FIL also had military honors, but his were done by the VFW and not in a national cemetery.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think he added some spice to the forum.

Some spices are terrible on their own.
    But when combined with others and taken as a whole, it just makes things better.

If everyone was 100% the same, this place would be a bit boring. Forums need folks who regularly participate, and he will be missed.

I liked what he brought to this place.
    That doesn’t mean I agree or disagree with everything he posted, but I can say that about virtually anyone here.

I could tell that he loved sharing his experiences with us.

And I’m happy to share the last convo I had with him. (Sorry if some of y’all didn’t agree with me encouraging him)

RIP

9a6e3ec92ba00cb9071c318e0b9164db.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    There are many here, even the ones I have had words with, that if they leave the mortal plane before myself I will miss. I may not see eye to eye with everyone, but I do support your right to speak out and to be yourself, it does not mean that I will not let you know what I think if you are a moron. Hell, I even enjoy when someone tells me I am wrong, especially when I am, I may be pissed at first, but hey I do not know everything, and information does change as knowledge grows. I'll get over it.

When I had a question via PM, he was always helpful and, when the information he imparted led me in search of expanding my knowledge, he always led me in the right direction.

Top Bottom