• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    For anyone wanting to see Ercot status...

Real-Time power grid conditions from the ERCOT region straight to your device!

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    They - *cannot* be serious - reduce gas / heating consumption when it’s single digit in most of TX?
    And it's not like people aren't trying. The downside of the rolling blackouts: when ours goes off, it drops down close to 50 INSIDE in about 20 minutes. When it goes back on, we have to max out all these space heaters to try to thaw. That's gotta help with the load (and our bill).

Spcwolf

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    There is snow in my attic, if it all melted it’s enough to probably fill a cup.

So, I will probably be removing some of this blown insulation when this is all over. Not a big deal.

the design of the roof and exhaust makes the blowing snow go up the side of the roof and into the jack.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    For anyone wanting to see Ercot status...

Real-Time power grid conditions from the ERCOT region straight to your device!

Will that tell you what areas are currently blacked out or show up coming blackout areas? That would be a good thing to know.

Spcwolf

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I have gas water and heat, I am not turning it down, it’s 72 in here.

The extra heat is being used to keep my pipes from freezing.

no power outage yet.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    We are in rolling black out. Was every 2 hours, off 15 minutes. The last one was on 1hour, off 30 minutes. Dammit.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Similar for us. But if you look at ERCOT site, it looks like they are back to a reserve situation.

Spcwolf

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I live across the street from Conroe airport.
    I am wondering if that is why they haven’t cut power to my house yet. I checked entergy outage and the airport streets are still green.
    I wonder if that is related.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    We were suppose to leave Nola today but since we could probably only make it to Baton Rouge we're staying at our friends for another night. My gf's son is baby sitting the dogs in Austin. He sent us a video. Our patio has ~4" of snow. Power hasn't been interrupted.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Civilian Defense
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Had the Gas Furnace Temp set to 57 degrees, it cycles it for 5-6 minutes every hour. The water heater is on the lowest setting and is Gas as well. House is well enough insulated nothing major yet. I also run nothing but my PC and a few LED lights etc. on occasion if I'm not on my Tablet or phone. Not sure I can use any less energy, but I hope it helps those who need it otherwise.

I just don't understand how they (Power Company) can solely rely on Gas for both Home heating etc. and Power production, there is no redundancy.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Had first power down around 9:45 am back on about an hour later. I have been keeping the thermostat set at 70, using gas cook stove to sterilize jars and water bath the sauerkraut. Inside temp dropped to 69, will be cooking and baking to keep electricity usage down. If you have gas cook stove, put a roast in the oven, it will add to the ambient heat.

Spcwolf

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Had first power down around 9:45 am back on about an hour later. I have been keeping the thermostat set at 70, using gas cook stove to sterilize jars and water bath the sauerkraut. Inside temp dropped to 69, will be cooking and baking to keep electricity usage down. If you have gas cook stove, put a roast in the oven, it will add to the ambient heat.

My only concern with using the oven, the controls are 120V.
    The stove top is easy to use even with no power. Just use a lighter to ignite the gas, then cook on the stove top.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom