• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Filled both bird feeders yesterday, will refill again. The birds have been hitting them hard. I awakened at 3 am (usual time to get up for work) this morning and looked out of the window, the little wrens were flying around trying to stay warm!!

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Filled both bird feeders yesterday, will refill again. The birds have been hitting them hard. I awakened at 3 am (usual time to get up for work) this morning and looked out of the window, the little wrens were flying around trying to stay warm!!
    My livestock sheds are full of goats and sheep... and wild birds of all kinds.

Goats and sheep are doing their best to soak up this sun, but they aren't stepping out...

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Two weeks ago I heard Joe Bastardi call out exactly what has happened thus far the past few days, as well as the next couple of days.

This is him this morning on what's left of Dr Dave Janda's YouTube channel:

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    From what I'm able to find, I should expect to be without power for at least the rest of the day.

It's 36 degrees in my living room.
    Stay safe. I told my wife and kids we will have to all pile up in the bed like the old days. Otherwise we will set up a tent in the living room.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    We have been keeping our feeders full also. I even mixed up some seed with some spare bacon grease for a treat. My cats are loving all the action.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    When they blackk me out, they shut down my grid-tied solar production for the duration of the blackout, plus 15 minutes it takes for the panels to come back online after power is restored.

Small loss in the scheme of things, but they are losing production from every grid-tied system they black out.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Still nothing here. Seems to be a widespread problem down 1431. Going on 8 hours now.
    From what I'm able to find, I should expect to be without power for at least the rest of the day.

It's 36 degrees in my living room.
    Seems like you two are having the worst go of it in our group, all my best to you.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I woke to clocks flashing this morning but the power was on, until it wasn't. Lost it at 0930 and after I got genny setup and a cord run the 2nd oil radiator, it came on at 1045. Inside temp was 63F, t-stat set for 73 and the heater just went off for the 1st time about 20min ago and has already cycled back on.

Water pressure is now in the dumper and I strained my back yesterday prepping.

Around 4" of some the lightest, most powdery snow I've ever seen which is simply amazing for SETX! I was able to sweep it off the porch & such with a broom.

Last edited:

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    All of the outside faucets are still dripping. I’m not too sure how my neighbors are going to fair with just using the Styrofoam covers

I should say trickling, not tripping

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Power on and off. The first outage was 20 minutes long at 2am. Then by 5am the outages for 45 minutes. But the last one was 2.5 hours. I don't see this getting any better until Tue or possibly Wed.

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    9ec0415f4cc5526a94dd89fc75500395.jpg

‘Cuz alternative energy is the future

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads