• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've had the local chevy dealer try to buy my ride back from me a few times via fliers in the mail. They list it by vehicle year and model so I know it's not a generalized letter.

It's an 04 blazer that hasn't been to them for maintenance in years. I'm pretty sure there's a scam involved.

I've gotten at least one of those for 3 of my 4 vehicles....
    DK Firearms

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    It's not a scam. They will buy your car back from you. They are hoping you're upside down on it and can buy it back for less than it's worth, then sell it at market value. My cousin sold her Subaru back to the dealer, and my mom has sold her Lexus back. I get offers regularly in the mail.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Why would they hope somebody would be upside down on their car, wouldn't need to be to get it below value would they?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    No idea, that's what someone told me. I don't know how the numbers work out, but all I'm saying is it's not a scam. It's not like you're selling it to some dealer across the country and they "mail you a check." lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've had the local chevy dealer try to buy my ride back from me a few times via fliers in the mail. They list it by vehicle year and model so I know it's not a generalized letter.

It's an 04 blazer that hasn't been to them for maintenance in years. I'm pretty sure there's a scam involved.

It's not a scam. Any dealership in the free world will buy your ride......so they can sale you one to replace it. It's simply a sales tactic.

Car sales is a straight up, cut throat business. If there's a way to get you in the front door, they'll do it.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It's not a scam. Any dealership in the free world will buy your ride......so they can sale you one to replace it. It's simply a sales tactic.
    Car sales is a straight up, cut throat business. If there's a way to get you in the front door, they'll do it.

Haha ... and only then will you be scammed.

TexasSix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2015
    West Texas
    I really want a ram 2500 gasser.

You would probably love it, I know I do. I bought a 2009 early gen when they came
    out. I love it, but then I had a 1999 before. Wish I had the late but just for body style. It has been an awesome truck and runs like a scolded dawg. If I ever get my life squared away I'll give you a shout and let have a go at it...

Top Bottom