• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm toying around with the idea of buying a new truck. I've got my eye on the Ram 1500 and 2500 series (2010-2014), and Tundra pickups in the same year range. I'm seeing a TON of rams on the road, so they're obviously doing something right. But then again, Tundra seems like a solid ride and I really can't find anything wrong with them quality-wise.

Which truck do you prefer? Why? Let the mud-slinging begin. :D
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I sold dodge products at Mac Heik in Temple. The GF has a dodge avenger. Everything thing I saw at the dealership from srt neons to duellys. Well built, reliable stuff.

Since Dodge had a problem with their transmission supplier. Which the Germans corrected when they bought Dodge(it was sold to Fiat, who lowered the bar...cuz they now catch fire. Not mentioning the hacking issues)

They have a horrible resale value. Absolutely horr-a-bull. Their value drops like a hot rock. The only way I'd buy a Dodge is used.

Toyota was invented by Satan. Built by demons. It's the only brand to give me 7 stitches. 3 in, 4 out. I won't even ride in one.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Tundra with the 5.7 ... 381hp/401lbft ... 10,000lb tow capacity ... Massive brakes to bring everything to a quick stop ... Toyota quality. I don't think you're going to find a long lasting truck than a Toyota (as a whole). There's several Tundras I know of that have well over half a million miles on them and without having been rebuilt.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I own a 06 dodge and drive on roads that look like mad max would be on. The front end had to be replaced. I had the top end rebuilt. Everything else is fine but I won't buy another one. Don't forget the Nissan Titans. A few of my buddies dog them out and drive them like teenagers and they hold up. Thats my next truck

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Ram = UAW = Democrat Money

I have not seen anything from any of the Tundras my friends and family drive that would stop me from buying one. I have a 2007 Titan that is the best vehicle I have ever owned. 130k on it an I am torn between getting the last of this generation before the new one. The new one doesn't appeal to me at all.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm not a big fan of the interiors on the Titans. They can do a pretty sweet burnout though with very little effort. lml

Grasshopperglock, what happened to you in the tundra? I'm trying to dig up any dirt on them I can find. Litterally...I haven't found a SINGLE bad thing about them other than the interior design is set up a little funky with a few things and they don't tow as nicely as a Ram. I can deal with that.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Tundra with the 5.7 ... 381hp/401lbft ... 10,000lb tow capacity ... Massive brakes to bring everything to a quick stop ... Toyota quality.
    This... It also has 10.5" of ground clearance to the Ram's 8".

I looked at all the "half tons" when I was shopping and Tundra was overall the best.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm not a big fan of the interiors on the Titans. They can do a pretty sweet burnout though with very little effort. lml

Grasshopperglock, what happened to you in the tundra? I'm trying to dig up any dirt on them I can find. Litterally...I haven't found a SINGLE bad thing about them other than the interior design is set up a little funky with a few things and they don't tow as nicely as a Ram. I can deal with that.

Toyota Celica I had to replace the head gasket after it overheated( wife bought the car, not me). The ignition module went out. Cutting some wires on another Celica, and slip went the knife. It's more of me having bad luck with any Toyota I touch, then Toyota itself.

That Celica is also the only car I've ever had catch fire too. Burnt the entire engine harness. Then the Damn timing belt went squirrelly. Even lining up the marks perfect....it wouldn't time for shit. Wheel bearing almost physically fell off. Half shafts were garbage. Suspension was crap. It only had 130k miles.

It had gremlins like you wouldn't believe. Gremlins that'd move through the car too. Toyota just isn't my brand. Lots of folks love them to death. The cosmos ain't having that with me. Not with Toyota's.

I keep my distance. Toyota hates me, I hate it back.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Own a 2013 RAM 1500.
    Would have preferred a Tundra, but simply was too pricey in today's market.
    So far, owning every truck made since 1972, and my 2nd RAM in a row, I like the RAM and would buy it again.

As far as RAM resale, CarMax is selling my same truck, 33k (mine has 35k), for $2100 more than I paid in 2/2014.
    That alone says something about the market this year.

What does YG say?
    IIRC, he just went through this earlier this year.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I have also been kicking the idea around, while I have owned Dodge Ram pickups (96 4X4 is my daily driver) all my life, I to looked at the Tundras. One down side that I did see is their fuel mileage is perty crappy.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I'm on my second Tundra and they both have been absolutely great pick ups.
    My first one was an '08 and their was an issue with these cold air inductions pumps failing and causing the motor to go into limp mode until they were repaired/replaced. It ended up becoming a common problem and not a cheap fix. Mine went out at around 80K miles, I just disconnected them but to get it inspected they had to be hooked up and functioning.
    But before my inspection date came up I got a letter from Toyota stating that they recognized that there was an issue with these. In the event they had failed just to bring it in to the nearest Toyota service dept. and they would replace them and warranty them for free and GTG.
    Aside from the truck being rugged and reliable that sold me on Toyota. I had so many freaking problems with my Titan when I had it, very common problems for that model mind you, and not once did Nissan ever step to the plate like Toyota did and correct the issue(s).
    FWIW, It got so bad the last time I was in the Nissan service department I told the service manager, he was never gonna see another dollar from me, I was going straight from there to Toyota to trade that POS in for a Tundra and I'd never ever buy another Nissan again. His reply was "I don't blame you, I'd do the same thing."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yea, it seems like Toyota makes a great truck, but cars aren't quite as solid for some reason.

I haven't paid attention to the fuel mileage. Hell, as long as I'm getting around 20mpg, I'm not doing worse than my current situation. Lol

Some guy tried to trade a full size Nissan truck 4x4, lift kit for my old 2006 v6 explorer. My ride got 16 on the highway, 14 in town.

Looking up his truck from the factory. The guy was getting like 8-12mpg outta that Nissan v8. Super nice truck....until you get tired of buying fuel for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Eyeball those new Chevy Colorado trucks. The ones that look like Toyota made it for GM. I've been seeing a lot of them. They're good looking rides.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom