• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Toyota is the most found vehicle in every dirt pit, hell hole, piece of crap country. Says something for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm in a Blazer right now and want bigger. The new Colorado look nice, but too small.

You're a dodge owner waiting to happen, then. You're the type that can enjoy anything regardless of what folks say thay had to take it back to the dealership for. Run in the garage and fix it.

Personally, things that don't need to be worked on...are boring as hell. You end hoping something will give out so you can enjoy wrenching on your ride.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Hit up a dodge dealership with 5 stars. They'll kiss your ass to sale a truck.

Pick out your ride. Tell the salesman $500 over invoice, flat financing. Meaning no extended warranty, gap insurance, or other crap. If you want more warranty, haggle the price down on that it self. There's mark up in everything. Also tell them you're NOT paying for window etch. It cost about $3 to etch the glass, they charge 100x for that. It's a gimmick.

When the finance manager shows you the interest rate. Ask to see the fax the bank sent them, that has the interest rate the bank is giving. The more interest points the finance manger can run up on you....the more $$$ to them. Say the bank said 6%. They slide you paperwork that says 11%. The points over the bank buy rate is pure profit that go's to the dealership.

Demand a full tank of gas and a stinger for the receiver hitch.

If they say no to any of these....walk.

If you put dodge country against Mac haik.....one or the other will gut the price. The best you'll do, depending on market is $500 back invoice. However if folks are buying the trucks, it won't happen.

1/2 ton Dodge trucks have a constant $2500 markup over the invoice. Regardless of rebates. The cars have $1500. Duellys have around $3500 Mark up.

$500 over invoice, flat financing is a good deal for both parties.

As for a trade in. The used car manager already gave it a price as you drive up. It's a bullshit show when they drive it. It's all cattle to him and he prices them just as fast. If they offer you anything below $1000-1500, under $2500. They're getting it for free. It's a numbers game. Take $1000 out of Mark up and say it's for your trade in. When In reality, it's only numbers on paper. Numbers are taken from one page, written on the other. No real money is given for wholesale trade ins.

Rebates have zero to do with Mark up. If you buy a truck and only take rebates, you just bought the truck at sticker.

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    They tired to charge me for that etching I my Lincoln. I told them I didn't ask for it, and in not paying for it. They deducted from the price

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Grasshopper is the official mouth piece when buying a new vehicle. Hope you got time buddy

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Just bought a Ram 1500 4 X 4 with the ECO Diesel, very happy so far, I'm getting a solid 23 MPG just driving back and forth to town. It rides great and has plenty of power, it will tow almost 8000 lbs.

Dennis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Tell them to also take their advertisement sticker off the back and if they mess up the paint, don't take delivery.

The term is, "bust the curb". Regardless of what you signed. It's not yours until you drive off the parking lot. Make sure it's right before you drive off the property. Once you do, the only thing you can do is trade it in. I've seen a new dodge truck sold as used. 300miles on odo. Somebody didn't want it but took delivery anyway. They took a $5000 hit for about 50 miles of driving. The state said it was officially titled and couldn't be sold as new.

Dealer demo's are a scam. It'll be discounted for the miles(no where below invoice)....and it's never been titled. Meaning it's still a 'new car' with a new car price. Therefore you're not getting it any cheaper then one outside on the lot. No matter the deal you're thinking your getting by buying a demo. All it is, is a new car with lots of miles the manager boned his girlfriend in.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hit up a dodge dealership with 5 stars. They'll kiss your ass to sale a truck.

Pick out your ride. Tell the salesman $500 over invoice, flat financing. Meaning no extended warranty, gap insurance, or other crap. If you want more warranty, haggle the price down on that it self. There's mark up in everything. Also tell them you're NOT paying for window etch. It cost about $3 to etch the glass, they charge 100x for that. It's a gimmick.

When the finance manager shows you the interest rate. Ask to see the fax the bank sent them, that has the interest rate the bank is giving. The more interest points the finance manger can run up on you....the more $$$ to them. Say the bank said 6%. They slide you paperwork that says 11%. The points over the bank buy rate is pure profit that go's to the dealership.

Demand a full tank of gas and a stinger for the receiver hitch.

If they say no to any of these....walk.

If you put dodge country against Mac haik.....one or the other will gut the price. The best you'll do, depending on market is $500 back invoice. However if folks are buying the trucks, it won't happen.

1/2 ton Dodge trucks have a constant $2500 markup over the invoice. Regardless of rebates. The cars have $1500. Duellys have around $3500 Mark up.

$500 over invoice, flat financing is a good deal for both parties.

As for a trade in. The used car manager already gave it a price as you drive up. It's a bullshit show when they drive it. It's all cattle to him and he prices them just as fast. If they offer you anything below $1000-1500, under $2500. They're getting it for free. It's a numbers game. Take $1000 out of Mark up and say it's for your trade in. When In reality, it's only numbers on paper. Numbers are taken from one page, written on the other. No real money is given for wholesale trade ins.

Rebates have zero to do with Mark up. If you buy a truck and only take rebates, you just bought the truck at sticker.
    Some good insights in this post...

Any tips for buying used cars from a dealer?

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Tell them to also take their advertisement sticker off the back and if they mess up the paint, don't take delivery.

The term is, "bust the curb". Regardless of what you signed. It's not yours until you drive off the parking lot. Make sure it's right before you drive off the property. Once you do, the only thing you can do is trade it in. I've seen a new dodge truck sold as used. 300miles on odo. Somebody didn't want it but took delivery anyway. They took a $5000 hit for about 50 miles of driving. The state said it was officially titled and couldn't be sold as new.

Dealer demo's are a scam. It'll be discounted for the miles(no where below invoice)....and it's never been titled. Meaning it's still a 'new car' with a new car price. Therefore you're not getting it any cheaper then one outside on the lot. No matter the deal you're thinking your getting by buying a demo. All it is, is a new car with lots of miles the manager boned his girlfriend in.
    So it has more than that new car smell

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Since you are just asking for opinions - My wife's godfather has had decked out Chevy 1500's, crew cab Fords, Dodges etc. Then got a Tundra. He said it is the best truck he's ever had and I know there's over 100k on the clock.

FIL got a decked out Ram1500 crew cab eight years or so ago, that was a good enough truck for him that he traded it in on a Ram 2500 for more towing power. Then, there's the guy at work who was going to his ranch in his Ram 2500 and it started to shake. He looked out the driver's side rear-view and the rear wheel was about a foot outside of the body. He had to buy a rear end from some place in Kansas or somewhere.

I'd go for the used Tundra.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'd avoid anything Chrysler Corp at all costs so that nixes the Dodge. That's just out of experience with both Dodge and Chrysler vehicles in the past. QA/QC is down the drain. You either get one that works or that is a complete pile of garbage. I'd go with a Tundra if those are the only two you will consider.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'd avoid anything Chrysler Corp at all costs so that nixes the Dodge. That's just out of experience with both Dodge and Chrysler vehicles in the past. QA/QC is down the drain. You either get one that works or that is a complete pile of garbage. I'd go with a Tundra if those are the only two you will consider.
    This mirrors my thoughts exactly.

Dodge is the last truck I would buy honestly.

Top Bottom