• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Picked up one of these for less than $500 some Fathers day sale in the past. Might want to wait and see what happens. Nice rifle with a red dot on it..

fVct1Hn.jpg

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Got a little over 2000 rounds through mine, nicely accurate out to a hundred yards for the 10" barreled pistol version. Only real mod I've made to the gun itself is to smooth down the top of the hammer for a finer slide action and to eliminate any wear at the rear of the bolt, this is a common mod on any production AK. The trigger is fine to me and the finish has held up perfectly, all of the rivets have held perfectly as well and I've fit many different mags to it including Polish and Russian with zero issues. Russian furniture can be fit to them with minor fitting as required with any AK. If I didn't already have a full size AK in 7.62x39 I'd have picked up another.

This was the first version of the GF3 sent to AK Operators Union for the 5000 rounds torture tests. The gun was beaten senseless and survived, the only issue that cropped up was with the firing pin which PSA rectified for production.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    I got mine cheap and I love it. I love my Zastavas more and they only cost a couple hundred more.

Reactions: MTA

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    They're fine if you don't care about future value.

I never thought about using Zasatva customer service for a rifle that has not been imported in 8 or ten years. I lucked into an O-PAP before they went 3X in price. I don't see PAPs much, the N-PAP has a couple bad features, and the Z-PAP is pretty expensive.

Go for it. PSA will stand behind it for a while if needed.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Got a little over 2000 rounds through mine, nicely accurate out to a hundred yards for the 10" barreled pistol version. Only real mod I've made to the gun itself is to smooth down the top of the hammer for a finer slide action and to eliminate any wear at the rear of the bolt, this is a common mod on any production AK. The trigger is fine to me and the finish has held up perfectly, all of the rivets have held perfectly as well and I've fit many different mags to it including Polish and Russian with zero issues. Russian furniture can be fit to them with minor fitting as required with any AK. If I didn't already have a full size AK in 7.62x39 I'd have picked up another.

This was the first version of the GF3 sent to AK Operators Union for the 5000 rounds torture tests. The gun was beaten senseless and survived, the only issue that cropped up was with the firing pin which PSA rectified for production.

I forgot all about that yt channel. Ill check it out. Ty for the link

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Hey one other thing.. I hear tell that the DPMS Anvil is a PSAK GFK3 that you can buy from an LGS rather than direct from PSA.

Look at the packaging it’s exactly like PSA packaging.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    There was a guy at the range today with a PSA Krink just like mine, we had the range lit up, lol. Got my new Primary Arms GLX scope sighted in, pretty impressed with it.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Hey one other thing.. I hear tell that the DPMS Anvil is a PSAK GFK3 that you can buy from an LGS rather than direct from PSA.

Look at the packaging it’s exactly like PSA packaging.

I don't think that DPMS rifle is the same quality as the PSA version. I have no doubt that PSA may be supplying the forgings but it doesn't come with the same warranty and problems were noted. I've owned one DPMS AR before, it wasn't bad but nothing really stood out about it either.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I don't think that DPMS rifle is the same quality as the PSA version. I have no doubt that PSA may be supplying the forgings but it doesn't come with the same warranty and problems were noted. I've owned one DPMS AR before, it wasn't bad but nothing really stood out about it either.
    DPMS is owned by PSA. I would assume the Anvil is made by PSA on the same tooling as their other AKs.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    @MTA89 , I bought a 7.62x39 AR upper. Had trouble first time I shot it, which was at EZ’s. Turns out the sucker was dry as a bone. I oiled it up and took it shooting again and it didn’t spit the bit once. Cycled a couple hundred rounds flawlessly.

i paid around $250 for the upper and BCG from Bear Creek Arsenal. Had to buy some Stoner AR mags, but it shoots great. They are picky about mags. Buy the Stoner mags.

Top Bottom