• ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Howdy,

I am looking to possibly buying a cheaper AK. Don't need the best, just want a fun blaster that will be somewhat reliable.

Are the PSA ak's good yet?
    Hurley's Gold

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I'm in the same boat. Youtubers seem impressed with the fit and finish. The nitride barrel is the only thing keeping me from getting one.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’ve only put about 10 rounds through mine. I was waiting on their enhanced version with the FN barrel but they’ve been out of stock for a long time. The one I bought has CHF trunion and bolt, I’m good with that. It’s also a ‘blem” but I don’t see any.

Reviews are good online and PSA is about the biggest Pro 2A company out there, I’ll support them when I can.
    F74ACEB9-9092-497E-9603-26A7E1914666.jpeg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You may want to consider a zastava. They claim to have eliminated receiver issues. If true you will get a gun that’s straight, good rivet work and has an awesome finish. The wood furniture would need some oil but that’s easy.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You may want to consider a zastava. They claim to have eliminated receiver issues. If true you will get a gun that’s straight, good rivet work and has an awesome finish. The wood furniture would need some oil but that’s easy.
    price tag is a big turn off. The PSAs can get down to the $600 ish range. I might just do a x39 ar upper. I use to have one and it was sweet

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    price tag is a big turn off. The PSAs can get down to the $600 ish range. I might just do a x39 ar upper. I use to have one and it was sweet
    My two cents on that: cmmg mutant or an ak. Don’t settle for an ar15 7.62x39. It’s a shit show. If you can get a psa gen2 and up for 600 do it. I haven’t looked at one in person but it’s a safe bet from what I hear.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My two cents on that: cmmg mutant or an ak. Don’t settle for an ar15 7.62x39. It’s a shit show. If you can get a psa gen2 and up for 600 do it. I haven’t looked at one in person but it’s a safe bet from what I hear.
    I had that cheap midway usa upper and with an enhanced firepin it worked like a champ. Have people been having major issues with them??

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I had that cheap midway usa upper and with an enhanced firepin it worked like a champ. Have people been having major issues with them??
    Well I call it a shit show because mags are hit and miss. I’m aware people have had good results with enhanced firing puns but I think they still need a bit more
    protrusion. I’m sure things have come a long way from 2016. I’m just skeptical. I have seen people get good ones and bad ones. Anymore I just want a gun that runs out of the box without the need for more parts and why not take ak mags. Hell I got two surplus mags I don’t need. You can have em. Just been sitting on my kitchen table forever.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well I call it a shit show because mags are hit and miss. I’m aware people have had good results with enhanced firing puns but I think they still need a bit more
    protrusion. I’m sure things have come a long way from 2016. I’m just skeptical. I have seen people get good ones and bad ones. Anymore I just want a gun that runs out of the box without the need for more parts and why not take ak mags. Hell I got two surplus mags I don’t need. You can have em. Just been sitting on my kitchen table forever.
    All this bullshit could have been avoided if I didn't sell my VEPR that I converted myself.... one of the few guns I truly regret selling

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I had the PSA AK-103. I think it was a Gen 5. It was a good rifle. I like my WASR and Zastava better, not for any particular reason. I'd say it's pretty comparable to the Zastava in the fit and finish department. Better looking than the WASR. I just decided that one of them needed to go and not one of my imports.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom